BPL Community Profile

spelt the enigmatic (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt the enigmatic

Showing 921 - 930 of 1350 | Page: 1 ...84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ...135

Forum » Thread

Gatewood cape as hammock tarp or other multipurpose options
I'm enamoured of the idea of a hammock tarp that can be used as a ground shelter. I think a flat tarp of cuben would be the best option in terms of weight and flexibility, but in the meantime ...

In Hammocks » Gatewood cape as hammock tarp or other multipurpose options
July 12, 12:33pm

Confession
Most of the time on 2-3 day trips, I take leftovers from the fridge and reheat in my pot. Why not? I'm a good cook, and they need eaten. As you've discovered, low intensity trips don'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Food Revelations - four days in Yellowstone
July 10, 6:59am

Well,
Obviously I speak only for myself, but I appreciate being able to see the update. I can't see the MLife thread where this post originated, but posting it here doesn't seem to be an act of ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ryan Jordan pops in
July 04, 1:42pm

smart water caps
the caps from the large smart water bottles will fit. i've used them plenty of times with no leakage.

In GEAR » Platypus bladder cap
June 28, 1:19pm

Re: Re: Losing your pack
I'm still trying to hammer out the exact placement of essential items. I want them on me at all times, but I don't like too much stuff in my pockets, either. If my hip pocket were quickly...

In GEAR » Do you always take the classic hiking essentials?
June 26, 9:48am

Very cool
I know there are a couple programs that do this for divers, and one that offers trips for general marine research. I think this the first I know of for land-based research.

In Chaff » Article about non-profit organization that pairs researchers with outdoor hikers, etc
June 26, 9:31am

Re: Pack exterior configuration
I've thought a lot about this, as I have only one pack that is big is enough for more than an overnighter, and there's things I like about it and things I don't. I'm not plonking d...

In GEAR » Pack exterior configuration
June 25, 1:39pm

Re: GORP
Commercial GORP or trail mixes have too many ingredients. I like to mix just two things together, or keep two separate baggies in my hip pouch. Some of my favorites are: Dried cherries and ro...

In Philosophy & Technique » GORP
June 25, 12:54pm

washing up
Right now I am using a small natural sponge and hot water.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to wash dishes clean, light, and efficient (microfibre towel, sponege, bandana or soemthing else)?
June 25, 6:57am

Re: Re: huh?
I originally wanted the AT to be my first thruhike but I've begun to question whether I want to thru-it at all, or instead just hit the remoter sections. I don't really want my time in the...

In Chaff » Trail Magic definition... diluted?
June 21, 1:10pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt the enigmatic

spelt the enigmatic has posted no reviews.