BPL Community Profile

spelt the enigmatic (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt the enigmatic

Showing 921 - 930 of 1343 | Page: 1 ...84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ...135

Forum » Thread

Re: GORP
Commercial GORP or trail mixes have too many ingredients. I like to mix just two things together, or keep two separate baggies in my hip pouch. Some of my favorites are: Dried cherries and ro...

In Philosophy & Technique » GORP
June 25, 12:54pm

washing up
Right now I am using a small natural sponge and hot water.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to wash dishes clean, light, and efficient (microfibre towel, sponege, bandana or soemthing else)?
June 25, 6:57am

Re: Re: huh?
I originally wanted the AT to be my first thruhike but I've begun to question whether I want to thru-it at all, or instead just hit the remoter sections. I don't really want my time in the...

In Chaff » Trail Magic definition... diluted?
June 21, 1:10pm

huh?
Why are you judging others' generosity against your own personal scale of sacrifice? I could just as well say if they really wanted to make it meaningful, they'd be donating to a food pant...

In Chaff » Trail Magic definition... diluted?
June 21, 12:11pm

batteries are your limiting factor
I was looking at cameras last month and very, very few use regular batteries anymore. I think Canon still makes a few of the Powershot A-series that use AAs. After scouring online a couple days, ...

In GEAR » Point and shoot camera for backpacking
June 21, 11:54am

Re: pot
Judging by the responses, it seems it's just some wierd mental quirk that makes me look at my pot and think "Gee, that looks so small!" I don't do fancy cooking, but I generally ...

In GEAR » smallest pot you would consider for one person?
June 20, 6:40pm

smallest pot you would consider for one person?
I have a pot that's slightly over 750 ml. It "feels" like a small pot, though I haven't had problems using it for things like oatmeal and instant soup. What's the smallest v...

In GEAR » smallest pot you would consider for one person?
June 20, 11:12am

oh man
This is disappointing to read. Generally if I like a site and the people on it, I'm more than happy to chip in (regardless of whether the site is a business or a hobby for the proprietor). I&...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Censorship again at BPL
June 13, 4:17pm

1 year is not long enough
Years ago, I broke my fibula and tibia right above the ankle, also requiring surgery with a plate and seven screws. Before I was a competitive swimmer and lifted weights; after I swam recreational...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recovering from a broken ankle
June 11, 4:59pm

heeeeeeeck no
I would not, could not, on mill tread They make me dizzy in the head Instead I use the erg to row When indoor I do cardio

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training on a treadmill
June 04, 7:52am

All Reader Reviews by spelt the enigmatic

spelt the enigmatic has posted no reviews.