BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 921 - 930 of 1369 | Page: 1 ...84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ...137

Forum » Thread

Eraser that works on Rite in the Rain paper
I use Rite in the Rain notebooks for journaling while hiking and also for field notes and I haven't found an eraser that will remove pencil marks without leaving huge dirty smears. I was wonde...

In GEAR » Eraser that works on Rite in the Rain paper
August 24, 4:38pm

Re: Wow!
Pete, I did suspect it was tongue-in-cheek, but it's a loaded word and can prime the responses a bit. :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Anyone Practice Trail Communism?
August 22, 8:14pm

Re: Re "Anyone Practice Trail Communism?"
Dena--Most people assumed the definition of communism in the communal sense, not the political sense, based off the responses. I did. It doesn't change the fact that I believe in personal respo...

August 22, 8:13pm

It's never really what you are
But what you throw away//And how much did you pay

In Chaff » We Americans Waste / Throw Away Half Our Food -- Say it ain't so!
August 22, 8:09pm

tongue-in-cheek?
Or foot-in-mouth if my read on the OP's tone was wrong, but the premise here is ridiculous. Joy shared is doubled; misery shared is halved. Presumably the overarching aim of any group trip is...

August 22, 12:39pm

Great thread
Many thoughtful posts and fun to read. How many of us (honestly, now) began backpacking with all the traditional amenities? Think of what it took to convince you to change. Honestly? Haha. ...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 20, 6:25pm

Nylon is nylon is nylon
How is a nylon windbreaker--'scuse me, windshirt different from a nylon long-sleeved hiking shirt? Tighter weave? Zipper vs button-up closure? A hood (not a standard feature on all windshirt...

In GEAR » Nylon is nylon is nylon
August 18, 1:57pm

Re: Hammock Tarps
I use an 8x10 rectangular flat tarp, 12 oz. I think the hex tarps weigh too much for being a single-purpose item. I looked at poncho tarps recently but decided they were not enough for four seaso...

In Hammocks » Hammock rainfly options
August 15, 10:17am

Re: Re: Redundant Items
Lynn-- Diamond makes strike-anywhere matches. I think I found my last batch at the hardware store. The only thing I will always carry is a backup fire starter. Other redundancies depending ...

In GEAR » Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
August 15, 8:51am

Agree
Good looking list, imo. Glad you found an acceptable suspension method. My camera did not want to cooperate last night and I wound up with about 4 dozen useless blurry pictures. Bah. Dustin, ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 01, 11:39am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.