BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 921 - 930 of 1322 | Page: 1 ...84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ...133

Forum » Thread

poles poles poles
Craig, But as a runner, here's what I don't understand: Just about any running coach, especially those who specialize in distance running and achieving efficiency, will tell runners to ke...

In GEAR » Is all weight equal? - Trekking Poles ...
February 04, 11:08am

traveling
The times when I travel some way other than driving myself are few. Going home over holidays is the big one. For that I'm generally bringing presents and locally produced items people back ho...

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Pack Different When Traveling?
February 04, 10:16am

gear fresheners
I stuff them with cedar shavings, tie the top, and stick them in boxes of clothing I'm not using currently. Also works in shoes and gymbags.

In GEAR » what to do with old socks
January 31, 8:59pm

Re: visor?
I had no idea there was such a thing as technical visors. I wear ballcaps and visors normally (i.e. when not hiking) and when one gets old and ratty it becomes grass mowing/car washing/hiking head...

In GEAR » visor?
January 31, 3:11pm

Thanks
That was very helpful to compare against what I've been doing. Thank you.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Post on food planning for multi-day hikes & thru-hikes
January 31, 9:54am

Re: McHale, The Last Pack You'll Ever Buy
1. Even if a McHale pack lasts a lifetime (I haven't heard otherwise anywhere), it won't be your last pack since you, the consumer, don't know what you want. In other words, next year y...

In GEAR » If you could only have one pack Part 2
January 30, 2:47pm

Re: McHale?
Nick, I hadn't seen those pictures before. Thanks for posting them.

In GEAR » If you could only have one pack Part 2
January 30, 12:58pm

Re: Whats your favorite backpacking breakfast bar?
The only bars I actually like are cherry pie larabars, so if it must be a bar, that's the one. I usually eat bars for snacks and not breakfast, though.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Whats your favorite backpacking breakfast bar?
January 27, 10:41am

Re: Re: Re: Maybe...
There are plenty of non-nefarious reasons to be pseudonymous. There are also plenty of a-holes on the internet who are perfectly happy to post terrible things under their "real names" (s...

In Chaff » Full name screen names...
January 25, 2:46pm

Appreciating our blue dot
Most high def image of the earth to date. Look at the original size version (will take some time to load). The level of detail is incredible. http://www.flickr.com/photos/gsfc/6760135001/sizes...

In Chaff » Appreciating our blue dot
January 25, 11:17am

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.