Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 921 - 930 of 1426 | Page: 1 ...84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ...143

Forum » Thread

Good advice
Thank you all for the input. I've decided there's no reason not to try an aluminum axe at first. I just don't see where I would encounter terrain requiring step cutting on my usual hik...

In Winter Hiking » ice axe weight considerations
October 13, 11:24am

Re: Axe
Right; I am thinking light duty should be fine. The more recent threads on axes kind of put down the Camp Corsa and other UL models in favor of "real" axes. But for purposes of traction a...

October 12, 2:08pm

ice axe weight considerations
If a person is going to be "hiking with an ice axe" as opposed to mountaineering, are there any reasons not to get as lightweight an axe as possible?

October 12, 1:51pm

Re: Stoic brand being discontinued?
Nooooooooooo. I don't have the money to stock up on more merino shirts. :(

In GEAR » Stoic brand being discontinued?
October 12, 1:31pm

fluffy bunnies
Rabbits will also scream when scared or injured. You wouldn't think such a sound could come from something so cute and quiet-looking.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sounds you've never heard before
October 10, 5:59am

While what happened with the deer was scary, it's an incredibly unusual event and the odds of it happening again, and to you, are astronomical, something on the order of successfully navigating...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Critique My Pack List
October 09, 11:41am

Re: Fit
I'm pretty sure I've said this on this or another hat thread, but it bears repeating: my Tilley is the only hat I've ever had that fits so well I've literally forgotten I'm wear...

In GEAR » Best backpacking hat?
October 09, 10:04am

Degen 1127
Can you say anything about the quality of the voice recorder? I use the one on my phone quite a bit, but I don't take my phone hiking.

In GEAR » Bringing fun luxuries into the backcountry
October 07, 11:08am

Re: Really?
Yes seriously, yes really. Why would I post the paragraph when a few words make your attitude towards insufficiently feminine women and insufficiently manly news coverage clear? I don't care wh...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
October 05, 5:13pm

PMSNBC...woman(?), Rachel Maddow. Have a ball arguing over who lied and how much, but that's just odious.

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
October 05, 1:08pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.