BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 921 - 930 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ...106

Forum » Thread

Gear...

In GEAR » Christmas Gear!
December 26, 11:28am

Litespeed
I picked mine up here. http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=6837

In GEAR » where Are you buying Montane litespeed
December 24, 10:38am

GPS/Maps
Bill - I rarely disagree with Roger's comments but I'm afraid I have to disagree with him on this one. The reason you carry a map and compass is to figure out where you are and where...

In GEAR » Help with GPS/Maps decision
December 22, 3:17am

Convenience?
I think you will have a hard time nailing down a formula for the simple fact that some of us just like trying new gear. When my kids were young and I was buying three sets of everything, cost/...

In GEAR » Whats the weight/cost of convienince?
December 22, 2:59am

Down Booties...
Another vote for Feathered Friends because of the versatility. The down inner boots weigh 4.4 oz. for the pair (size L.) and are really warm. When I add the outer boot they weigh 9.6 oz for t...

In GEAR » Down booties - do you bring 'em?
December 05, 11:13pm

Lightweight Lid...
Good question Tony. I like to use the lid that came with my pot (.7 oz.) because I suspect it keeps the heat in a little better and also lets me know when the water is boiling (starts to rattle)...

In GEAR » Lightweight "lid" for cooking pots
November 23, 6:14pm

Vibram Soles...
Another vote for Merrell. I really like my Moab Ventilators, they dry out quickly and have held up very well. http://www.merrellboot.com/Product/NZGP/Mens-Active-Footwear/Multi-Sport/Mens/Moab...

In GEAR » Vibram soled trail runners?
November 08, 11:23pm

Bush Buddy rip off...
Ryan J. said: “My point in originally participating in this thread was merely to ask the question: does economics and market demand have to be the number one priority in every decision we make...

In Chaff » R.I.P. - Bush Buddy rip off
November 07, 10:04pm

GPS Recommendations...
Since the original poster wants "you are here" functionality then telling him that you "Don't need no mapping or H gps" is not very helpful. The Geko and Foretrex do not...

In GEAR » Basic GPS Recommendations?
November 05, 1:19pm

Basic GPS...
The High Sensitivity receivers are what you should be looking for in a GPS and the Geko doesn't have it. Don't worry about WAAS as most GPS units have it and it's not a big deal an...

In GEAR » Basic GPS Recommendations?
November 05, 11:17am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm