BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 911 - 920 of 1094 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...110

Forum » Thread

I have the problem!
David - Back to your original question... your purchase equates to less than $100 for a pound of weight reduction! If I was getting that kind of value for what I've spent on gear, my base w...

In GEAR » I have a problem....
March 24, 9:32pm

Montbell stretch bags...
Ben - My son just bought a UL Super Stretch #3 (not the spiral) and the one thing that surprised me was how rough they were inside. The elastic stretch material runs inside the bag and if you a...

In GEAR » New 2009 Mont-Bell Down Bags
March 19, 12:47am

Vapor Flash
Darren - The Flash is the Meridian Vapor without the zipper (and in a heavy weight fabric). If you already have the Vapor Trail then buying the Flash would be going backwards IMHO. I'm no...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Vapor Flash
March 14, 9:55pm

Granite Gear Vapor Flash...
I thought I'd update this thread since my son brought one of these home a few days ago. He is not a light weight backpacker but is moving in the right direction. The Vapor Flash is 2 pounds lig...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Vapor Flash
March 14, 2:23pm

Nalgene Bottle...
I carry the Ultralite 16 ounce HDPE wide mouth Nalgene (2.5 oz.) just because I like drinking out of it (and it works with my Steripen). Nalgene lists the temperature range for this bottle at ...

In GEAR » Nalgene bottles, worth their weight
March 12, 11:31pm

Am I missing something?
I agree that both have their place. I carry a Thermowrap and a Montbell UL Down Inner Vest (XL=5.8 oz.). I wear the down vest over the Thermowrap when in camp and strip off the vest and sleep in ...

In GEAR » Am I missing something?
March 08, 1:35am

Taiga Works...
Definitely good quality gear! They make and sell their own gear so you won't find it in other stores (which is why they are not well known). They do not have a huge product line but the gear ...

In GEAR » Anyone use Taiga Gear?
March 06, 5:42pm

test

In User Test Forum » test
March 06, 1:04am

Torso length pad...
I use a 48" Prolite 4 and a 20x20 inch Zotes foam bum pad for under my legs (mine weighs 2.4 oz.). The seat pad has actually been with me longer than the torso length pad because I find I rely...

In GEAR » Torsolite and Staying Warm
March 06, 12:53am

What do you use for navigation?
Garmin Etrex HCx, Topo Maps, Silva compass. Before a trip I upload as much information as I can into the GPS using Ozi Explorer (digitize trails and waypoints from various paper maps and upload ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use for navigation?
March 02, 12:59am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm