BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 911 - 920 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...111

Forum » Thread

Steripen reliability
I keep my batteries in the Steripen but put a small piece of tape over one end of each battery to interupt contact. I remove the tape when needed but I must say, I'd buy Roger's battery co...

In GEAR » Steripen reliability
April 11, 11:43am

Steripen reliability
Bob - >>That would also be true of a filter<< Absolutely correct and I carried a Katadyn Hiker Pro before buying the Steripen. The problem was that it was heavy and bulky and fid...

April 10, 7:34pm

Steripen reliability
I had a problem with rechargeable batteries in mine but as soon as I got rid of them and went to regular batteries my Steripen has been very reliable. I always carry some micropur tabs as a backup...

April 10, 6:16pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
David - The NeoAir might be dangerous in bear country. My son said he thought the NeoAir's crinkly noise sounded like a bag of chips being eaten. He then said, I hope the bears don't t...

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
April 10, 6:01pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
I have a BA Aircore (regular) and a Prolite 4 (short) and have spent quite a bit of time rolling around on my son's regular length NeoAir to try and figure out whether I needed to move to the N...

April 09, 1:14am

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
Steve - I asked about the short pad but the MEC sales people didn't seem know anything about the NeoAir. They told me that since they carry the regular and short in the Prolite Series (they...

April 07, 10:32pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
I picked up a regular length NeoAir for my son today after seeing them advertised on MEC's website. The sales staff at our local store didn't even know they had them but they dug through t...

April 07, 8:46pm

SMD Lunar Solo
The green color definitely blocks more light. I picked the green Lunar Solo because of my experience with my light grey BA Seedouse 1, which lets a ton of light shine through at sun-up. The gre...

In GEAR » SMD Lunar Solo e 1 "plus"
April 06, 9:26pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
>>Is this different than a regular Thermarest HotBond kit?<< The Fast and Light Repair kit is different than the Hot Bond kit. It has a sheet of "glue dots" that you apply...

April 06, 1:06am

I have the problem!
David - Back to your original question... your purchase equates to less than $100 for a pound of weight reduction! If I was getting that kind of value for what I've spent on gear, my base w...

In GEAR » I have a problem....
March 24, 9:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm