BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 911 - 920 of 949 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

Forum » Thread

OK, Now I'm Confused
Maybe I'm just out of date. The (2005) BPL book I own gives a slight advantage to Polarguard Delta over Primaloft PL1 due to a higher loft/weight ratio and durability. Durability aside (and oth...

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
March 29, 10:24pm

Re: Sleeping Bag Dilemma
I've been happy with my 20 degree Cat's Meow (North Face). It is insulated with Polarguard Delta (the best of the Polarguard line). The Lightweight Backpacking and Camping book (Beartooth M...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Dilemma
March 27, 10:23pm

Re: Nano Material from Feathered Friends
Thanks Graham (and Sam). Cool web site. Interesting that their North American office is in the same town as FF (Seattle). The link matches the other info I gathered and is what I assumed (that &quo...

In GEAR » Nano Material from Feathered Friends
March 27, 9:35pm

Web Site Critiquing
In perusing the web, I find that some web sites are great and others are rather poor. This in no way reflects the quality of the company. I do think it is important to point out the strengths and w...

In On the Web » Web Site Critiquing
March 24, 6:15pm

Nano Material from Feathered Friends
I just bought a new sleeping bag from Feathered Friends and decided on the "Nano" material. I was convinced by the sales person that it was about as waterproof as Epic, but quite a bit li...

In GEAR » Nano Material from Feathered Friends
March 24, 5:52pm

Re: Gravity water bag
I just put a couple holes in the edges and it works great. I was concerned that it might cause a rip, but the platypus material is strong enough to handle a hole in each corner. Using grommets soun...

In GEAR » A Good Gravity Bag?
March 15, 3:59pm

Re: Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
I'm a big fan of Patagonia's Capilene, for the reasons you mentioned (warm, but not too warm). It looks like they carry a tank top and t-shirt in a Capilene 2 (their fleece goes from 1-4 n...

In GEAR » Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
March 13, 7:23pm

Thermojet
I too bought a thermojet and have been quite happy with it. I contacted customer service (since they are a small company it was probably the same person who makes the stove) to determine which size...

In GEAR » Thermojet customer service sucks
March 06, 8:40am

Re: Lightweight Gear Excluding Smaller Wallets
One of the great discoveries I made when I first started looking into ultralight gear was how affordable it is. While there are plenty of places that sell cutting edge, expensive equipment, there a...

In GEAR » Lightweight Gear Excluding Smaller Wallets
February 18, 2:35pm

Re: Full zip wind pants
Another option I just though about is to use basketball type warm-ups. These have buttons down the side for easy removal. I think some of them are just nylon, so they would be light. I'm afraid...

In GEAR » Full Zip Wind Pants
December 18, 12:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm