BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 911 - 920 of 945 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

Forum » Thread

Nano Material from Feathered Friends
I just bought a new sleeping bag from Feathered Friends and decided on the "Nano" material. I was convinced by the sales person that it was about as waterproof as Epic, but quite a bit li...

In GEAR » Nano Material from Feathered Friends
March 24, 5:52pm

Re: Gravity water bag
I just put a couple holes in the edges and it works great. I was concerned that it might cause a rip, but the platypus material is strong enough to handle a hole in each corner. Using grommets soun...

In GEAR » A Good Gravity Bag?
March 15, 3:59pm

Re: Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
I'm a big fan of Patagonia's Capilene, for the reasons you mentioned (warm, but not too warm). It looks like they carry a tank top and t-shirt in a Capilene 2 (their fleece goes from 1-4 n...

In GEAR » Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
March 13, 7:23pm

Thermojet
I too bought a thermojet and have been quite happy with it. I contacted customer service (since they are a small company it was probably the same person who makes the stove) to determine which size...

In GEAR » Thermojet customer service sucks
March 06, 8:40am

Re: Lightweight Gear Excluding Smaller Wallets
One of the great discoveries I made when I first started looking into ultralight gear was how affordable it is. While there are plenty of places that sell cutting edge, expensive equipment, there a...

In GEAR » Lightweight Gear Excluding Smaller Wallets
February 18, 2:35pm

Re: Full zip wind pants
Another option I just though about is to use basketball type warm-ups. These have buttons down the side for easy removal. I think some of them are just nylon, so they would be light. I'm afraid...

In GEAR » Full Zip Wind Pants
December 18, 12:22pm

Re: OR Stratus mitts
Dane, I've seen the Stratus (almost bought them) and I think your comparison is correct.

In GEAR » Big Puffy Mitts
December 18, 12:15pm

Re: Re: MEC Mittens
Laurie, Are you in Canada? I should have mentioned that the one thing I don't like is their shipping options to the U.S. (expensive and requires pickup). On the U.S.P.S. note it said that I m...

December 18, 12:09pm

Full Zip Wind Pants
Does anyone make a full zip wind pant? I wear a pair of full zip fleece pants when I go cross country skiing and they serve me well. I would like to put something over them when things get breezy, ...

In GEAR » Full Zip Wind Pants
December 17, 6:01pm

MEC Mittens
The MEC mittens arrived and I weighed them at 6.1 oz. or 173 grams (medium). Though they are listed on the women's page, they came with a sticker saying unisex sizing. They are rather large for...

December 17, 5:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm