Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1805 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...181

Forum » Thread

ZPacks Arc Blast - Preliminary Observations
Mine finally shipped last week was paid for Jan 22, should be able to get it this Saturday at the PO. I only added one belt pouch and two net pockets for the sides. This will be the smallest pack I...

In GEAR » ZPacks Arc Blast - Preliminary Observations
February 26, 7:24pm

Cuben is awesome
Very good info guys. Thank you. I know about the no shrinkage due to temp/moisture which I know I will love, not sure if I've read about less internal condensation, it should be a non-issue a...

In GEAR » Can any cuben fiber gear be considered bomber?
February 26, 2:00pm

Can any cuben fiber gear be considered bomber?
I have ordered a few cuben fiber pieces of new gear to treat myself, a new bp, nettingless shelter and netting topped bivy. The only piece I would have concerns with is the shelter and my skill in...

In GEAR » Can any cuben fiber gear be considered bomber?
February 26, 11:23am

Maroon Bells Co. all those I invited
Thanks Jack.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mooroon Bells Co. all those I invited
February 25, 7:46pm

over cooling?
Single burner stoves drawing fuel out make the canister cold. I wonder if this stove would allow you to chill your brew on trips by placing the can on the canister? Duane

In GEAR » WOW New Bulin multiple head stove!
February 25, 8:59am

WOW New Bulin multiple head stove!
Wow! That otta get the coffee water going or snow melted. Maybe it will be faster than my old MSR FireFly. Duane

In GEAR » WOW New Bulin multiple head stove!
February 25, 3:49am

Down shirt
I can't recall the name of the Mont Bell down shirt I got, it isn't called a shirt, but is about as thin and light. Coming in at 7oz, that was all I needed last August on my yearly Sierra ...

In GEAR » Summer Backpacking Weight Experiment
February 23, 12:41pm

Summer Backpacking Weight Experiment
I don't use gloves in nicer weather. Your raincoat is pretty heavy. Going for durability? I have a 4 oz. silnylon, Gram Wienie anorak, no longer made. Don't they make lighter hammocks? ...

In GEAR » Summer Backpacking Weight Experiment
February 23, 8:44am

Snow conditions make challenging use of snow shoes
Thank you Rick for the Xtherm info. It may not be a deal breaker. I'll keep my Atlas shoes, hard to find the funds for something that still works good enough, just need to be more selective n...

In Winter Hiking » Snow conditions make challenging use of snow shoes
February 22, 8:59am

Snow conditions make challenging use of snow shoes
Those would have been better than the bit of crampon my Atlas' have. At least with those I think you could punch in better if needed to get thru the top layer when the surface was not all hard...

In Winter Hiking » Snow conditions make challenging use of snow shoes
February 21, 9:20pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.