Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1817 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...182

Forum » Thread

Solar
A nice trick is if temps will be warming up a little, fill you water bottle/Nalgene/Gatorade bottle half full with water and spike it with snow then place in the sun if you can or while hiking. I&...

In GEAR » How much White Gas for snow camping
March 01, 8:24pm

New TT models for 2013
Wow! Thank you Henry, a winter shelter (non-storm) about 1.5 lbs. I could lose 2 lbs. from using my BD Hilight. I may have to hold off getting that new, large capacity backpack for winter trips,...

In GEAR » New 2013 Tarptent Models
March 01, 8:59am

Lost Coast/King Range Marchish
Ken, I turned down a trip for this weekend, but I'd like to hook up sometime on a trip up north here sometime. I told Paige it was too far to go to Shelter Cove again. Our NorCal group is do...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Lost Coast/King Range Marchish?
March 01, 6:55am

Moment
I like the weight, even with the added crossing pole and snow capability of the Moment. Would be a pound lighter than my BD Hilight. Would not be spin drift proof due to all that netting still. T...

In GEAR » New 2013 Tarptent Models
February 28, 8:22pm

BA Q Core SL
James, last weekend I measured my small, NeoAir to set a base figure. I thought I could live with the BA being a little smaller, this may not be acceptable. I'll have to do a retake this week...

In GEAR » Big Agnes "Q Core SL" REALLY DISSAPOINTED!
February 28, 11:17am

Re: RE "Big Agnes "Q Core SL" REALLY DISSAPOINTED!"
Jennifer, As long as your knuckles don't drag the ground, you should be fine.:) I guess we will have to adjust our views and go with a wider, heavier BA pad for the comfort we want. Duane

February 28, 8:55am

Very good read/photos
I really enjoyed this. Plus, did not know some of that high country was so nice. I know a guy from Reno who has done the SHR solo in 10 days, I don't think I could do it in 15 with all the pa...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
February 27, 9:16pm

Big Agnes "Q Core SL" REALLY DISSAPOINTED
I'm wondering about the deflated size too. Kinda like the tent makers some years back giving so many different weights except for what we wanted to know. Other wise, how did the pad stack u...

February 27, 7:54pm

Hybrid cubens
Dan, I've never tried a ULA pack. A few years ago, I was offered at a very low price, one of the early ULA packs. Maybe I should ask if the guy still has it, seemed he wanted $20-$25 for it. ...

In GEAR » Can any cuben fiber gear be considered bomber?
February 27, 5:41pm

Hybrid
Thanks John. Duane

In GEAR » Can any cuben fiber gear be considered bomber?
February 27, 6:49am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.