BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1687 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...169

Forum » Thread

New stove and cookset for a new guy
I have the Giga Power, Micro Rocket and a very used Coleman Exponent F1 I was given, all canister stoves, having sold my great PR last Summer. I've only used the GP and MR once each as I colle...

In GEAR » New stove and cookset for a new guy
January 10, 8:58pm

How difficult it is to find standing wood in winter?
If when you mention Tahoe, that would have to be outside Desolation. In Wildernesses, you can supposedly only gather down wood, so it would be tough in Desolation where fires are banned but not su...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How difficult it is to find standing wood in winter?
January 09, 8:38pm

WG stove questions
Bob, old works great for me per my avatar, MSR's first stove as you know.:) I have a MSR Micro Rocket now, my newest stove. Loud little thing. Duane

In GEAR » WG stove questions
January 09, 8:27pm

WG stove questions
MSR has a couple poorly designed pumps, the worse the one that has blue plastic, then one of the red/gray ones. You'll have to check the tabs that hold the pump shaft in place. I've sent ...

In GEAR » WG stove questions
January 09, 7:33pm

NeoAir intro
When the NeoAir's came out, I was able to beat the crowd thru a small outdoor shop by having them call in my order, whereas all the bigger boys had pre-ordered and were waiting. :) Duane

In GEAR » Does anyone know when Big Agnes will be releasing their Q-Core SL?
January 09, 1:56pm

Quilt size
What's the weight? How much has it been used? I'm fence sitting on quilts. Duane

In Gear Swap » Stubai Aluminum crampons, new Revalation X Quilt
January 09, 6:54am

New Stove Recommendations
Aloha! Susan, I picked up the CC for a .6L Evernew pot last Spring. I've only tried this setup once while car camping, so take this with a grain of salt. With 1.5 cups of water, the CC for th...

In GEAR » New Stove Recommendations
January 08, 7:42pm

Sourcing
I couldn't fine a source for the thimbles, so I got that orange pot gripper that your thumb and two fingers fit in from GSI. To make it worth shipping, I grabbed a coffee filter, working on my...

In GEAR » Is there a lighter Ti cook system than this???
January 08, 5:49pm

more waterproof
That material has the more waterproof/wind resistant material too doesn't it? Good price. Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: Enlightenment Equipment Revelation
January 08, 5:44pm

GGG--what is it
Thank you Ken, I had wondered what it stood for also, since I've been frequenting BPL more the last 6 months or so. For me, sounds like too many folks in too small an area, although I did not ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GGG--what is it?
January 03, 8:50pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.