BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1583 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...159

Forum » Thread

Places to camp at South lake?
Usually you only get the permit for your day of entry, I get mine the day before, so I can't start my trip on time. Last time at South Lake, I drove most of the way up, checked out the last ca...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help me plan a loop in Evolution area
September 04, 5:27pm

Sabino Trail
Thanks Tom, that was a option I was looking for too, a discontinued model to save a few bucks. More stove collecting money. :) Duane

In GEAR » Your replacement for Montrail Hardrocks?
September 04, 5:16pm

Re JetBoil Sol and Enertia Meals
Amen to Enertia meals, great dinners. Duane

In GEAR » JetBoil Sol and Enertia Meals
September 04, 11:34am

Your replacement for Montrail Hardrocks?
Since the Hardrocks have been discontinued, what works for you now? I have had two pair of them, the last now is the '09 models, that fit me perfect, right out of the box. I used them for the...

In GEAR » Your replacement for Montrail Hardrocks?
September 04, 11:32am

Thanks again all ...
I was to the south in Bucks Lake Wilderness, a few miles from home. I smelled smoke pretty good Sunday and Monday AM's. Deer are real friendly by Snag Lake in Lassen. I was within 10' of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lassen National Park (Favorite hike?)
September 04, 6:38am

Lake Almanor fire
Doug, sorry you had a old joke. :) The Chips Fire is north a little, it was still smoky Sunday and Monday mornings where I camped both nights. Good point about a carcass though. It may have move...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My neighbor charged by a bear
September 04, 3:33am

My neighbor charged by a bear
Doug, my neighbor saw one more pile than I did, all bear. He was concerned enough about this, that he is considering getting some pepper spray now. He has a few grandkids and enjoys South America...

September 03, 8:34pm

My neighbor charged by a bear
For some reason my neighbor and I missed each other, hiking in opposite directions. I was hiking down Granite Gap off of the PCT in the Bucks Lake Wildernes about the same time my neighbor (retire...

September 03, 6:35pm

You guys are good!
Buyers remorse, now sellers remorse. I was taking a gander too, wondering if the thing is too small. Pricey little things. :) Duane

In Gear Swap » FS- Zpacks Hexamid Solo
August 31, 11:11am

Bestest
Loads of trout in Rae Lakes, Mono Creek side canyons. I caught fish everyday on my recent 6 night trip to the Mono Creek area, different lake/creek everyday, using a fly with a bubble to get it ou...

In Fishing » Best trout rivers / lakes in the Sierra Nevadas?
August 30, 5:22pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.