BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1656 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...166

Forum » Thread

Ti wire bail
Thank you for the ideas. I was thinking stiff stuff like bailing type wire. Doh! Duane

In GEAR » How goes your going pot gripperless?
December 24, 6:12pm

How goes your going pot gripperless?
The Litetrail .550L pot is handleless, that's more why I asked. Still does not make sense as the lid is hot on my old Olicamp pot, the lid is hot enough that I have to drop it quickly when the ...

December 24, 10:23am

How goes your going pot gripperless?
I forgot my pot gripper for my non-stick pot lid late last Summer when I was fixing pancakes, so had to use the standby, a sock. In an effort to save weight, what works best besides the gripper it...

December 24, 8:08am

Tint and Lumens
I'd rather get my hiking in while it is light, mostly to see the country. I understand some areas it is cooler (temps) or neater to hike after dark so as to see more animals. I'd get that...

In GEAR » Tint and lumens? What am I looking for in a headlamp?
December 21, 6:50am

Regulated output vs non-regulated
Thank you guys. Eugene, so all these years, my old (at least 9 years old) Ion only has 19 lumens and I've been able to read with that little? Hmm, makes me rethink how large a headlamp I need...

December 20, 8:45pm

Tint and lumens
Thank you Tony. I'll take a look tonight. Seems per one of the threads on lights, the Zebra lineup had a high failure rate. After last night, I also saw the Fenix lineup was cheaper and one ...

December 20, 6:07pm

Re: weight and R value
Thanks for the arguments. I think the bit about less R-value for the Q-Core is a non-issue. If I can get by with the low R-value of my original, small NeoAir and a 15F degree bag in single digits...

In GEAR » Does anyone know when Big Agnes will be releasing their Q-Core SL?
December 20, 5:59pm

Getting to sleep
If I could sleep better, I could get by with less of a comfy pad. So, since I toss and turn and my mind is going a mile a minute and keeps me awake, I need something that is comfortable to sleep/r...

In GEAR » Does anyone know when Big Agnes will be releasing their Q-Core SL?
December 20, 11:26am

Tint and lumens
Thanks Tom, I've changed what I may look for in a headlamp. Good info, did not know there was so much to just get a modern headlamp. :) I thought also I did not need a flood headlamp. So many...

December 20, 8:57am

Tint and lumens? What am I looking for in a headlamp?
Reading thru the recent threads regarding lights for bping, got me checking out a few of the brands and styles. How many lumens for the over 40, er 50 I mean crowd, to be able to read? What tint ...

December 19, 8:31pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.