Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1718 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...172

Forum » Thread

Why the Patrol Shelter?
What is your total weight with lines and stakes with the/a bug net/bivy? That seemed a drawback to me the other night adding up the weight of the Patrol and the BearPaw Minimalist 1. I would then...

In GEAR » Patrol Shelter guy line length?
January 24, 6:56am

Bug net?
Thank you, don't want to cause much thread drift, so I'll ask other questions later or figure stuff out myself. Quite interested in the overall footprint too. Gotta keep that in mind, can...

January 23, 8:17pm

Bug net?
I'm showing a little more interest in MLD shelters, especially the good words about the Patrol. What are you going to use for bug netting or bug bivy? I was checking out weights etc. last nig...

January 23, 6:53pm

Not as fragile as others suggest
Same here, I use them only when hiking in the winter. I have noticed that if they get snow on them, it seems to infiltrate the material, slow to dry, but otherwise nice and warm when moving. I...

In GEAR » where to buy possumdown gloves?
January 21, 10:23pm

Epiphany?
I can cool my heels. I read the one review here, wow, so versatile, can't recall the weight. Duane

In GEAR » E.E Revelation Advice? Materials, sizing, and rating?
January 21, 9:35pm

Epiphany?
Thread detour. Tim, income tax as been computed, e-file tomorrow, money to burn. When will the Epiphanys be back on site? Maybe I'll go for one, looking to save mucho weight, currently using...

January 21, 9:06pm

Pocket rocket fuel
I've used the small MSR brand canister heating water for 8 days for dinner, maybe one breakfast. Mostly single serving Mt. House at 1.5 cups/meal. With the wind you say, be safe go with the l...

In GEAR » Pocket rocket fuel
January 21, 8:56am

Been busy or just my puter?
I was checking out EE quilts again last night (or trying), could not get the page to download. Even after 35 minutes, nor this AM. Busy, or just my slow landline/puter? Duane

In Gear Deals » 10% off at Enlightened Equipment
January 21, 3:21am

Held in reserve
I'd rather hold my jacket and some of my other clothes in reserve in case a cold snap comes thru instead of using them for ever night of sleeping. It's gotta be cold if you are "geare...

January 21, 3:14am

Over stuff available?
Can't say there is a lack of very pertinent info on these two threads. (As I'm seen screaming, running out into the snow and cold, shouting "too much information, cannot decide")...

In GEAR » ZPacks Sleeping Bag - a Side Sleeper's Dream Bag!
January 20, 6:19pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.