Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1753 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...176

Forum » Thread

tarp
I've been using the on-my-back-with-a-tape-measure method. :) I'm thinking too of using some grid paper and do some folding. In my online search the other day, I found an old thread from B...

In GEAR » Tarp orientation using two different tent poles, knot question too
February 03, 5:48pm

GGG 5 burnoff results and other info?
I'm sure the burnoff of woodstoves and alcohol fired stoves was a hit, but can the rest of us get some insight on how things went? The results may not be conclusive if only one "heat"...

In GEAR » GGG 5 burnoff results and other info?
February 03, 12:07pm

Plenty tough
Since I've been dogless for 10 years now, I wonder if the lighter material on the exterior and the next weight up on the inside since that is where all the abrasiion will be for me makes sense?...

In GEAR » EE Rev Fabric Advice
February 03, 11:58am

Re: knot question too
Thank you. Looks like I'll be at a pound or so, can't get away from that unless the bugs are gone and I can either use the bivy and a gc to cowboy camp, or use a gc with a tarp, saving som...

February 03, 11:49am

Tarp orientation using two different tent poles, knot question too
I'm in the mountains of the Sierra, where about all my bping is done. I was in AK and WY the last few years for vacations. I don't need a high pitch, but some venting is fine, similar to ...

February 02, 12:18pm

Tarp orientation using two different tent poles, knot question too
Still holding out for which tarp/shelter to move on to, to lower gear weight. I did make a decision the other night and bought a demo cuben bivy from Borah with net top, got it at cost I'm thi...

February 02, 9:40am

Cold Metabolism
:) The night I was out with the sub zero temps, the next morning after moving around and starting to pack up after breakfast and letting my stoves cool down, the temp got up to the single digits, ...

In GEAR » Taking an Enlightened Equipment quilt to the extreme
February 02, 9:21am

Just buy it already!!!
You two are killing me with the dog pics. I've been patient so far, at least I think that may be my excuse. I have the money so that is not the issue, just hate making the wrong descision. T...

February 02, 9:10am

How tough is the 10D?
Thanks Art. How strong is the 10D in comparison to? Say a silk liner. WM "Lite" series of down bags. Duane

February 01, 9:01pm

No leakage either
Oh man! I'm a Libra, you're not making this decision making easy for me. Duane

February 01, 1:56pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.