Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1785 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...179

Forum » Thread

ZPacks sleeping bag sizing
Cesar, thank you. I'm edging or already there towards UL status for summer trips. I'm working my way (enjoying) thru the seasons. I've done 5 solo winter snowcamp trips so far this...

In GEAR » Zpacks sleeping bag sizing
February 15, 5:12pm

EE / ZPacks
Thank you, that helps. However, I did see a comment last Fall/Summer about the Zpack loft did not match it's temp rating. That was only one. I'm looking for the lightest, but want to sta...

February 15, 2:18pm

ZPacks sleeping bag sizing
Cesar, why the more expensive ZPack over the cheaper EE? I've moved forward on a new pack and shelter system all except the bivy from ZPacks, but still holding off for that final decision on w...

February 15, 9:00am

bubble/fly
To avoid tangles part of the time, after casting, grab your line before it reachs its furthest, that supposedly causes the bubble to stop and maybe let the fly clear it. Get half a dozen different...

In Fishing » bubble/fly
February 14, 9:04pm

Great pics
I like those photos, nice setting. Duane

In Post-Trip Reports » Tioga Road in the snow
February 14, 11:24am

Henry W. Coe as a first solo trip
If you can fine the area and get a permit, it is a piece of cake. No need to ask. I came down from the mountains having to find my way by Mapquest directions and had no issues getting there. Com...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Henry W. Coe as a first solo trip
February 14, 11:22am

Side Entry
Do you have the MLD bug net in that pic too? I like that close to ground setup. I went with a ZPacks Hexamid w/o netting or beak, and am getting a Borah cuben bivy with noseeum as my summer shelt...

In GEAR » Patrol Shelter guy line length?
February 14, 11:18am

Borah bivy gone
I sent it back yesterday, already spoken for once they get it back. A great price. Duane

In Gear Swap » FS new Borah cuben bivy w/noseeun hood
February 13, 1:56pm

I'm full up
I've got one "R" and two regular 123's. I didn't think they made a "R" that early. Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: vintage SVEA 123R stove
February 12, 9:12pm

Bump. Re: President's Day weekend
Oh man! Here I'm stuck going with two young bucks, instead of a young lady. Always my luck, the wimmen are always headed the other way from me. Enjoy Kat. Duane

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » President's Day weekend
February 11, 10:56am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.