BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 911 - 920 of 1669 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...167

Forum » Thread

Re: Soto Muka Liquid-Fuel Stove for Snow Camping?
Maybe that's the next economic stimulus, running natural gas lines into the mountains for the UL/SUL bpers so we/they can run canister stoves without packing so much fuel, it would bring the pr...

In GEAR » Soto Muka Liquid-Fuel Stove for Snow Camping?
December 29, 8:10am

Coleman 1Lb Propane tank to Primus Omnilite adapter
Does that stove use the normal isobutane canisters? If so, I picked up an adapter off the bay to use my profane canisters with my small stoves. Duane

In GEAR » Coleman 1Lb Propane tank to Primus Omnilite adapter
December 28, 6:55am

comments to OP
Thanks for the experienced view Ray. Since I have a big investment in WM winter bags, I'll see down the road sometime to get a summer quilt to enable me to eventually get a small pack, smaller...

In GEAR » Overnight testing experience with down quilt
December 27, 2:00pm

IT IS A STATE OF MIND
Ken, I guess I expect to be the same as when I was in my 40's. Hard to take when you are getting half way thru your hiking day and getting tired already. I'm the kind that I thing every...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
December 27, 11:17am

Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
Bob, Gary, I like the good once as I ever was, love that song! At 50 I started at 5AM, may start a little sooner this coming year if I go. It isn't too warm in Sept, although when I went, I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
December 27, 6:56am

Does anyone know when Big Agnes will be releasing their Q-Core SL?"
I was in REI Monday to kill a little time and I got to get my hands on I'm guessing a X-Therm, not sure as it was a display model with no signage. Full length, greenish/aquamarine color I gues...

In GEAR » Does anyone know when Big Agnes will be releasing their Q-Core SL?
December 26, 8:34pm

Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
The last year or more, I've been thinking of doing a Portal to Portal to Mt. Whitney again for my 60th bd next Fall. I easily did the Portal to Portal on my 50th bd. To avoid disappointment a...

December 26, 8:13pm

Start small
Raquel, if you or others don't have all the gear for winter/snow camping, go later in the winter when the days are longer, the nights warmer and the snow is firm. I've been out in mid to l...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Any insane winter backpackers?
December 26, 8:02pm

Any insane winter backpackers?
You better up the high range of folks you are looking for. In my experience, us older folks can run circles around you younger kids. We just ache more the next day. Sometimes. I just did a shor...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Any insane winter backpackers?
December 25, 7:20pm

Try an alky
+1 on the Caldera Cone. I only tried a smaller .6 ti Evernew pot with my newer, second Caldera Cone once this last summer. I had purchased a CC for a .9 REI ti pot a year ago. Anyway, the cone/w...

In GEAR » Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
December 25, 7:09pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.