Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1535 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...154

Forum » Thread

Wow
Dan, Glad to here that everyone got out alive, sounds like that was hairy. I saw firsthand this year on the PCT in the Sierra what avalanches can do even in forested areas. There were whole swat...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Personal Avy Story
January 04, 4:15pm

Re: Re: US only medical conditions
"US - ADD - Rest of the world - Dumb" Wow, I have seen some stupid things written on the internet then there is the posts in this thread. I was diagnosed as ADD back in the infant da...

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 04, 4:09pm

Current Training Status
Reail bummer to hear some of the training challenges of the group. Hopefully things will pick up with the new year. My recent training has been very mixed. It will be hard to pick up from my t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2012 R2R2R Group - Training Log's
January 03, 8:39am

A good year
About 100. Between the PCT and all my prehike hikes it was a very good year. Now, if 2012 could only be that good.

In Chaff » How many bag nights for 2011?
December 30, 6:33pm

Great Conversation
Nice post Miguel.... I also needed a couple of days to digest this and frankly other conversations regarding our UL world. I am also conflicted by the seemingly divergent directions that Ryan too...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
December 30, 8:40am

A little different
I have gone through the holidays unscathed but.... that's only because I gained 20 lbs. in the previous three months (since I got back from the PCT.) Finally I have lost a couple and will lose ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
December 28, 7:47pm

Bivy Floors
I have used a non-breathable floor on my TiGoat bivy for quite a while and have not seen any issues with condensation other than while camping on snow. I personally don't think breathable or n...

In GEAR » Condensation issue in Bivys with non breathable floors
December 25, 9:21am

Hart's Pass
I went back to Hart's Pass this year just as Matt described due to a last minute change in my my post PCT hiking plans and the fact that my flight was out of Seattle. I timed my exit at Harts ...

In Gear Lists » My PCT 2012 kit list
December 24, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Re: POE
"It doesn't help that they slightly change the name of every product just about every year. It's like they don't want good reviews to help their sales." Or crappy reviews t...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
December 23, 6:38pm

Got it!
If you like the VFF it we be worth taking those out on a trial run. I would also take backup. Since you are talking snow hiking then there are many options. There were folks on the PCT that went...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Minimal shoes and crampons? An idea...
December 23, 4:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.