Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1492 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...150

Forum » Thread

Leave it at home
If you are careful with your food then your biggest concern will be whether you can get your camera out fast enough to get a picture if you are fortunate enough to see a bear. You are more likely ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Bear Spray.
November 07, 12:46pm

Im a very enthusiastic Maybe
Same deal as last year...... Likely will be out there for work, if so I'm in!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » The 4th Annual BPL GGG Weekend Official Sign Up
November 06, 6:50pm

Don't believe your wife!!!
I have hiked high mile days on absolute junk. Did a 20 mile morning on the PCT eating only 2 Stehekin Bakery Cinnamon rolls. I have hiked well over 30 mile days on Oreos, chocolate donuts and/or ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fats, Saturated, Trans, etc. While Hiking
October 28, 7:57pm

Malto's 2011 PCT Video
Ever wondered about the scenery on the PCT? Thinking about thru or section hiking it? Want to relive a past thruhike? After countless hours I finally have finished a 15 minute border to border vi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Malto's 2011 PCT Video
October 28, 7:44pm

PCT Gear List
"My hope is to thru-hike the PCT in 2013 or at least the JMT summer 2012. Some may be thinking I am crazy for putting a gear list together for a trip that far off. My reason is that I wish all...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
October 28, 6:16am

Crampons.....
or Microspikes? You can easily use trailrunners with Microspikes or something similiar. Microspikes may twist on the shoe especially on steep traverses but I would take that combo again if I were...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Minimal shoes and crampons? An idea...
October 27, 6:16am

Bottom Line
"If there are no clouds, no trees and no wind, you don't need a shelter!" Exactly! But you may end up transferring the problem to the sleep system. However; I rarely have condens...

In GEAR » wow, it's hard to prevent condensation under a tarp
October 26, 2:33pm

Another Option
I have avoided all creams and lotions due to the mess. I take a mix of regular foot powder and medicated foot powder as well as a couple of wipes per day. If there is any sign of chaffing I will ...

In GEAR » butt cream?
October 26, 6:35am

Re: Use your map and compass, you are not going to die
"Getting lost is something to be expected; lots of people get lost." Luckily I have never been lost. Unfortunately though, the trail has a habit of becoming lost from me!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers rescued after three-day search
October 26, 6:28am

Guilty
Mechanical Engineer by education though haven't done much engineering in years.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 21, 11:11am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.