BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1441 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...145

Forum » Thread

Extremely Cool!
Hope to meet up with you on the PCT, you will be hard to miss. It is great to be able to share a lifetime memory with your daughter.

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 12, 5:35pm

I'll be there!!!
Nick, I am going to be cruising through that area right around 5/27-29 on my PCT thru. Hope to see you guys out there. I'll look for the little packs and the dust in your wake!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop
April 11, 2:24pm

Don't be sad, be happy!
"One of the saddest comments (to me) I have read was from a guy that stated that he just does miles, he does not care what the landscape looks like (that was at WB, the Appalachian forum)"...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
April 10, 5:50pm

Sort-of MH Meals
Two weeks ago I packed up all of my dinners for my PCT trip. Many of them were knock off MH meals. I used Hamburger Helper, Nido and Dehydrated Ground Beef (in #10 cans.) I packaged each meal up...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Repackaging Freeze Dried / Dehydrated Meals,Technique & Practice
April 09, 6:40am

Don't sweat it.....
If you are starting at Roads end you don't need a canister until, I believe Dusy Basin. We didn't carry a canister until leaving SEKI where we had the canisters cached for the resupply. I...

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 07, 3:05pm

Great
If I head over do Donohue pass into Yosemite and the park is closed then there won't be rangers to kick me out. :) The only area I would think could be impacted are the resupply points like ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 5:58am

Wow
Looks like he did it in a little over 57 hours. That must be one heck of a trek. Great work Brett, may it silence the skeptics on the JMT record.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Brett Maune becomes the 10th person to finish Barkley Marathons!
April 04, 11:39am

Re: SUL handicap
"But we have people entering this sport daily. Many of them are immediately indoctrinated with the holy Grail of sub 5 lb hiking." I am sitting at around an 8lb base weight and have no...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL handicapping system for Safety concerns
April 04, 6:12am

Re: Best mug for morning coffee?
The pot you use to heat the water for FBC?

In GEAR » Best mug for morning coffee?
April 03, 6:24pm

Miles per day
Nick nailed it in an earlier post. You can be capable of doing extrordinary mileage if you are willing to put in the hours. I will be doing a relatively fast hike of the PCT averaging 30 miles a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
April 03, 4:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.