BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1448 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: yosemite mid-june 2011
You will facing the same conditions as the PCT thru hikers. Few if any of them are carrying snowshoes. Crampons, maybe, trekking poles (IMHO) yes. Latest word out of Yosemite is an expected Tiog...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » yosemite mid-june 2011
April 23, 7:03pm

Re: to add to the OP
"but no matter how big the tarp is... if you are using the bivy... the size is very constricted right? Or are you guys saying that you set up one or the other? where do you change, or ho...

In GEAR » Why use a Bivy
April 22, 3:57pm

iphone
1) camera 2) GPS 3) journal device. 4) notepad 5) entertainment 6) alarm 7) compass 8) book 9) emergency flashlight 10) map 11) hammer 12) paperweight

In GEAR » What Item(s) Optimize the Best of Gear Convergence?
April 21, 5:46pm

Yes
I got a walk up permit two years ago for two people the morning we left. (We came back and day hiked the section down to the valley after Whitney.) My suggestion if it fits with your plan. Th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Walkup Permit for JMT in Tuolumne Meadows
April 20, 8:46am

PCT Question
Jack, 1) Where does the PCT start and how long will it take me? 2) Are there showers? 3) Will the bears eat me? 4) What if I get tired? 5) Do I really have to hike naked on the summer soltice?...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pacific Crest Trail Association hiring
April 18, 8:08pm

Steam Crossings
I had the "opportunity" to do 17 stream crossings in GSMNP yesterday that ranged from knee deep to crotch level, and I'm 6'2". On most of them the water was moving very fast...

In Philosophy & Technique » river crossing technique
April 18, 4:04pm

Winter/Spring Permits
For inyo down near kings. It is self service at several different locations in the eastern sierra. https://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5167488.pdf

In GEAR » Yosemite/Kings Canyon Permits
April 15, 9:23am

Extremely Cool!
Hope to meet up with you on the PCT, you will be hard to miss. It is great to be able to share a lifetime memory with your daughter.

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 12, 5:35pm

I'll be there!!!
Nick, I am going to be cruising through that area right around 5/27-29 on my PCT thru. Hope to see you guys out there. I'll look for the little packs and the dust in your wake!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop
April 11, 2:24pm

Don't be sad, be happy!
"One of the saddest comments (to me) I have read was from a guy that stated that he just does miles, he does not care what the landscape looks like (that was at WB, the Appalachian forum)"...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
April 10, 5:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.