Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1501 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...151

Forum » Thread

Two trails in a year
" I will be starting February 1st after I finish a marathon I'm doing at the end of January. Will hit Kennedy Meadows a little before march 13th. Fly out to the AT on the 15th and head nor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT and AT
November 18, 6:13am

Big Group
We wre a pretty big group last year, weather and all. It was nice being away in the hinterlands where we didn't have to worry about "OUR" noise etc. I would vote "hike in"...

In Pre-Trip Planning » A Big GGG Question
November 16, 6:40am

If its long
I may be interested

In Gear Swap » FS - (1) GG LT4 Pole
November 15, 11:13am

mid-April
"this may mean some lingering packed snow/ice up on the upper reaches of the trail heading up the N. Rim" But there is bright side...... Snow usually means water and MALTO slushies! I...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
November 13, 6:19pm

Here's the illogic
I had this discussion with a guy and his claim on why layers are bad is that the heat from your body core is not able to heat your extremities if its covered up with layers, basically your bag beco...

In Philosophy & Technique » debunking the no-layers myth
November 13, 5:41am

Target Date
I will be flying in from ATL and would go in either Phoenix or Flagstaff. What would be the best target date?

In Other Activities » Eugene Smith is a beast
November 11, 6:10am

Inspiration
Last Sunday I woke up early due to the time change. I was clicking through this thread and it hit me, walk away from the computer and go do a trail run up on the AT. I hadn't done a trail run...

In Other Activities » Eugene Smith is a beast
November 10, 6:42am

Dirty Little Secrets
I used to have serious problems with chafing until I switched over to boxer briefs AND started using wipes and powder at the very sign of problems. This strategy worked well on my PCT hike until W...

In GEAR » Underwear and Chafing
November 10, 6:06am

Hiking a Section of the JMT
If you decide that you are only going to hike a section of the JMT then you may want to pick a different section. IMHO the section from the Valley to TM is the worst of the Trail. I would start a...

In Gear Lists » Putting gear together for JMT section in summer (critique!!!)
November 08, 5:40am

Leave it at home
If you are careful with your food then your biggest concern will be whether you can get your camera out fast enough to get a picture if you are fortunate enough to see a bear. You are more likely ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Bear Spray.
November 07, 12:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.