Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1464 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...147

Forum » Thread

Always Carry
lightweight glove liners. Most places I go it can get cold at night or windy. Also, I hate cold hands in the morning.

In GEAR » What is the lowest expected temp that you would leave gloves at home for?
May 14, 11:06am

Options
Go to Walmart and buy the cheapest contact lens rewetting drops. They are small, light and cheap.

In Gear Swap » WTB dropper bottles / PCT in 19 days!
May 07, 7:59pm

Help in PNW
I have a PCT thru coming up and I'm looking at an option if I get to Canada a bit early. The plan would be to head back south a few miles to the Boundary Trail and take it to Ross Lake and pic...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help in PNW
May 06, 8:06pm

Fuel canisters in Yosemite
you can also get them in curry village

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » fuel cannisters in cali?
May 05, 3:23pm

A perfect Fastpack
As my gear has evolved (and shrank) it is heading into the direction that Doug is going. Currently I use a Burn which is even a bit too large for a one or two nighter. For me I would further evol...

In GEAR » A cooler back is a happy back - Thanks Piper
May 05, 10:21am

Tiltill and Beehive
If you are heading out of Hetchy Hetchy this time of year you will likely run into very wet and swampy conditions in both of these areas if they are snow free. Tiltill Valley is very cool and woul...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » NorCal weekend hike, lower Sierras?
May 04, 11:52am

Southern Sierra Snow
I am expecting that the snow will likely drop below last years level within a couple of weeks. The SWC graph lags by a few days and it has been very nice out here and expected to be nice and warm ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California - Sierra Nevada conditions
May 03, 5:49pm

Muir Pass
While Muir can have miles of snow on both sides it is one of the easiest pass due to gentle nature vs Glen or Mather for example. Watch when Tioga opens and compare with previous years. I had one...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California - Sierra Nevada conditions
May 02, 5:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Fastpacking Gear
"Fast packing is SXUL plus maintaining a 4.5mph pace over 14 hours each day consuming more than 1350 calories per hour." Could you reference an official source for this. I use the term f...

In GEAR » Fastpacking Gear
May 01, 5:26pm

Stupid Question
Do you have the right pack if you can't fit even a small bag or quilt into it? I am guilty of pushing the envelop with pack size (mld burn) but I made sure it could fit everything in that I ne...

In GEAR » No Sleeping Bag
May 01, 8:55am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.