Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1474 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...148

Forum » Thread

You bonked
I agree with Craig, you simply didn't have enough fuel. But you learned an important lesson that you can keep from repeating. When I started pushing my mileage north of 30 on my PCT training hi...

In Philosophy & Technique » I Ran Completely Out of Gas
August 29, 10:35pm

PCT Complete
Saturday 8/27 I reached the Canadian border after fastpacking the PCT in under 99 days. It was a very challenging year yet I was able to maintain my schedule in spite of the conditions. I credit my...

In Post-Trip Reports » PCT Complete
August 29, 9:53pm

Always strapless
Never use straps with my Golite quilt. I have a bivy so the consequences of quilt lifting off is much less, no wind can go under. I like the freedom of movement when going strapless. Isn't this...

In GEAR » do any quilters go "strapless"
August 29, 9:44pm

Cat's Meow
I soaked all my clothes in Permethrin before I left for the PCT and 1100 miles later it has been everything claimed. I even saw an ant climb on my bandana and start convulsing. Whole new way to p...

In GEAR » PERMETHRIN
July 07, 6:33pm

Live from the PCT
I have done the high route and I also just completed the Sierra section of the PCT. 1) the high route is easier with at least a moderate amount of snow. Otherwise you are crossing miles of talu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra High Route or Oregon via PCT? - July 15th - Aug 7th
July 05, 5:46pm

Re: Jack Elliott
I am holding Jack hostage. Ransom is a double cuben quilt. Pay or else......

In Chaff » Jack Elliott
May 17, 7:20pm

Oops
Sorry Marc, I was having a senior moment and I'm not old enough to have those yet.

In GEAR » Nylofume Bags...where can I buy them?
May 17, 8:41am

Re: Help in PNW
Mary, I would be arrive at the end of my PCT thru in late August. Sounds like my plan is pretty solid. I also will have real live rain gear for that section of my trip, sounds like it will get...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help in PNW
May 17, 7:18am

David Wage....
gave a whole bunch of these Nylofume bags out at the BPL event at Henry Coe. There has to be a bunch of folks that have used them and can speak to the strength. They seem to me to be much stronge...

In GEAR » Nylofume Bags...where can I buy them?
May 17, 7:12am

Train like you hike
My reco.. Have your gear, weight, food etc as close to your planned conditions as possible. Then pick routes that work up to a more difficult day than you will see on any day of your hike. For my...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thru Hike Training with Trekking Poles
May 16, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.