BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1414 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...142

Forum » Thread

Pictures of Burn and Canister
Here is the pack with full gear including canister. The bulge towrd the top is not the canister, it is below that. The next pictures shows the canister in the pack. I believe it it importa...

In GEAR » Bear Canister in MLD Burn
March 17, 6:36pm

Bear Canister in MLD Burn
I was like a giggling girl today. An envelope arrived with my new MLD Burn. So I pulled my trusty old Jam out and loaded my gear into this little bitty pack. Then the moment of truth.... Would m...

In GEAR » Bear Canister in MLD Burn
March 16, 6:15pm

New Pad?
24oz. is pretty heavy for a 3 season pad. Your gear budget could cut that in half and not compromise on comfort, maybe POE Elite? You could also invest in a solo shelter and cut major weight.

In Gear Lists » 3-4 Day Spring/Fall Gear List - Southeast
March 16, 5:06am

Re: Ready for the season to start.
"The winter threads are making me weary. Has hiking season started for any of you?" It never ends..... it may change from west coast to east coast, from hiking to snowshoeing but I dec...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ready for the season to start.
March 15, 7:40pm

Re: Hike Fast? More like hiking long...
Mags, Your HMHDI post had me rolling. Thanks for brightening up my evening.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why so fast?
March 15, 7:32pm

Re: Re: Pliers
"Steak knife? Was that an UL trip or did you happen to hunt and kill something along the way? :-)" It was definitely a UL trip, 8 lb base weight and 8 lbs of steaks, baked potatoes, be...

In GEAR » Do pliers belong in your kit?
March 15, 5:03pm

Pliers
Not sure I have ever needed them so I'm glad I don't carry them. I only take a razor blade and that rarely ever gets used. I did have to take a steak knife to cut my steak on the last tri...

In GEAR » Do pliers belong in your kit?
March 15, 4:30pm

SHR List
There is nothing special about the SHR in regards to sleeping pad. I would carry the neoair. Be careful relying on waypoints that you find on-line. You will get every bit as lost as the person t...

In Gear Lists » Sierra High Route Gear List
March 15, 4:27pm

Re: Re: Re: JMT 2011
When are you leaving? I should be passing through there right about June 22nd if everything stays on schedule.

In Gear Lists » JMT 2011
March 15, 1:58pm

Everyone's different.
I love to move fast and far but that is more due to time constraints vs. the trip I want to do and also the fact that I can't sit still. And while this is my right way it certainly won't b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why so fast?
March 09, 2:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.