Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 911 - 920 of 1481 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...149

Forum » Thread

Link to PCT Foodlist
Here is my Master spreadsheet for my PCT thruhike. It has many of the normal backpacking foods and nutritional breakout. You can also see the recipes for the dinners including the calories for al...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Calories per ounce chart?
October 20, 9:15am

POS Ether Elite
I took this on my PCT hike and fought with multiple holes the entire trip. The leaks were mostly in the baffle corners and it appears there was a defect in the heat sealing process. I should have...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
October 08, 8:27am

My two cents
Ken, For many years I have cowboy camped in the Sierra and find that the skeeters go away shortly after dark. So I would find the bug bivy of little value. Plus if you have a sewn in bug net lik...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » To Bivy Or Not To Bivy
September 11, 3:39pm

Good Report
Had to laugh at a couple of items: 1) I just completed the PCT and had a terrible experience with my POE Ether airmat. It leaked from day one and kept popping leaks at the baffle seams. I starte...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT: 14 days and 13 nights in nature.
September 11, 11:41am

Rear Pocket
What you keep in here will depend greatly on where you hike. In dry climates like the PCT I keep all the little crap that I don't need to access on the run such as TP, foot powder, repair stuf...

In GEAR » What use is a big, center mesh pocket on your pack to you?
September 10, 7:09am

Re: Lightweight thru-hiking shoes
"Is there better/lighter/more durable options out there so I won't have to replace these every 300-500 miles " I replaced my shoes every 500-600 miles and in most cases they needed i...

In GEAR » Lightweight thru-hiking shoes
August 31, 7:33am

You stacked the deck...
To have the "bad" experience you described. The JMT is overloved, you picked the busiest time of year in a year that was compressed due to snow. Also, most of the issues of trash etc are ...

In Post-Trip Reports » trash, hidden crap , and tp everywhere on JMT.
August 30, 8:12am

You bonked
I agree with Craig, you simply didn't have enough fuel. But you learned an important lesson that you can keep from repeating. When I started pushing my mileage north of 30 on my PCT training hi...

In Philosophy & Technique » I Ran Completely Out of Gas
August 29, 10:35pm

PCT Complete
Saturday 8/27 I reached the Canadian border after fastpacking the PCT in under 99 days. It was a very challenging year yet I was able to maintain my schedule in spite of the conditions. I credit my...

In Post-Trip Reports » PCT Complete
August 29, 9:53pm

Always strapless
Never use straps with my Golite quilt. I have a bivy so the consequences of quilt lifting off is much less, no wind can go under. I like the freedom of movement when going strapless. Isn't this...

In GEAR » do any quilters go "strapless"
August 29, 9:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.