BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 911 - 920 of 1320 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...132

Forum » Thread

Re: golite ultra 20
I don't know why Golite would claim 5" of loft. I made a 2 lb quilt to get down to 0* and it only has 4.75" of loft. I am pretty sure I can get it down to 0* too. So who out ...

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Sleeping Bags
January 09, 10:50pm

Re: re the next big trip
All right, Andrew is giving us more parameters. So now I'll 2nd a vote for the 14'ers. A single trip to bag all 73 - 14'ers in the lower 48 in one single go. I also dought tha...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
January 09, 3:57pm

Re: Re: Sleep system for tall, active sleepers (quilt+bivy?)
I use Momentium for everything now. The only down side to it is that if you catch it hard enough on something it tears a lot worse than 1.1 nylon. I just didn't mention anything about the i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleep system for tall, active sleepers (quilt+bivy?)
January 08, 11:10pm

Re: iran
Maybe the reason Andrew has replied back to us yet is because it seems to me like we are trying to plan his death.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
January 08, 7:05pm

Re: Sleep system for tall, active sleepers (quilt+bivy?)
Ken, You can have everything you are asking for all in one quilt and ditch the bivy all together. It would be a down quilt with no stiches on top and have synthetic insulation on top to prote...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleep system for tall, active sleepers (quilt+bivy?)
January 08, 6:52pm

Re: new year's resolutions
This year will be an easy year compared to last year. Lots of Mt bike riding. About 1,200 miles of running. Plenty of good kayaking on my new kayak. As many fastpacking weekend trips as poss...

In Philosophy & Technique » new year's resolutions
January 06, 7:18pm

Dewey trip on for 1st weekend of Feb
Hello everyone, Well I know of at least 4 that can not go the 3rd weekend of Jan now. So well go for 1st weekend of Feb to Dewey.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winter trip suggestions around within 4 hrs of bay area
January 04, 1:37pm

Re: Re: Re:
It looks like you are going for a bigger pack than the Ion??? If so the lack of compressibility from a synthetic quilt may not be a problem. If you are going to be in conditions with damp nig...

In GEAR » anything more compressible then WM summerlite?
January 04, 9:53am

Re: BPL Locals
____________________________________________________________ I think random get together are a great idea for comparing notes, gear, technique and philosophies, whatever. It'll really solidify...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Uniting Hiking trips
January 03, 6:44pm

Re: What are your sleeping bag(s) for different temps?
For 40* I have a homemade quilt with .85 ounce fabric Thru-hiker used to sell. It is now my bag I use when I have to say over-night at work. It has no DWR and any condensation or dew wets out t...

In GEAR » What are your sleeping bag(s) for different temps?
January 03, 6:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm