BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 911 - 920 of 1302 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...131

Forum » Thread

Re: Uniting Hiking trips
I checked out the trips planned at the outdoors club and there isn't much. I think the BPL community would be better due to the fact that 90% of us are gear junkies and have a huge wealth of...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Uniting Hiking trips
January 01, 1:05pm

Re: Skurka looking for expedition ideas
Here is something crazy but different outside of the US. Starting in Singapore with a Packraft rigged with a small sail work your way around the Indonesian Islands. Go across to Malaysia, ove...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
December 31, 5:28pm

Re: My vote
My vote is to park in the Badger ski parking lot and go North above the southern Rim of Yosimite. I'm game for any other spot though, especially since I have not been to any of them, (other ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winter trip suggestions around within 4 hrs of bay area
December 31, 4:50pm

Re: Ti Shovel
Hey, Maybe with the screw in tip you can have the option of a shovel head, and maybe even a trowel. All you would need to do is have a cover for the spike tip which would work great as a handle ...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Walking Axe
December 31, 12:30pm

The Ranking System is Gone!
And just like that the ratings are gone. Now don't change it from the way it is. I have been saying to change it to the way it is now on all of these topics about this. I personally ...

In Chaff » ROFL -- The Day After
December 31, 12:13pm

Re: Platypus
I have only light use with platy's and have had only 1 fail, but from abuse. Try checking the seam to see if the older ones have a wider sealed surface. I would love to use the Evernew'...

In GEAR » Alternative to defecitve Platypus bottles
December 31, 12:06pm

Re: New MLD SuperProphet and more!
They have a bunch of new stuff added to website.

In GEAR » New MLD SuperProphet!
December 30, 8:27pm

Re: Uniting Hiking trips
I'm thinking something about every two moths or so with maybe one or two challenging ones a year. The rest could be based on learning new experiences and going to places recommended buy others...

December 30, 8:25pm

Uniting Hiking trips
There is now a large enough BLP community in the more populated states to get together on random types of hiking trips throughout the year. Maybe we can have a section leader in different areas ...

December 30, 2:33pm

Re: cool.
Hey guys, If there's room for more, I'm game. I think we (BPL'ers) should cordinate trips in different areas of the US about every 2 months or so. I am going to hit a new forum abo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winter trip suggestions around within 4 hrs of bay area
December 30, 1:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm