BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 911 - 920 of 1169 | Page: 1 ...83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: More Questions...
Hey Drew, I wish I saw this post earlier. I could have saved you a ton of time that it looks like you sent on it, (and some unnecessary weight as well). Go to E-bay for the scale. There are s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Question(s)
May 27, 9:02pm

Re: Applying Cuben Tape?
Hey Scott, Just adding to your question as I would like to know how much the tape weighs per yard and what tape works the best??? The only tape I've heard of is the 3M and the Cuben Tape so...

In Make Your Own Gear » Applying Cuben Tape?
May 27, 8:43pm

Re: Rea Lakes Loop Report
All done, Took 18 hours. The weather was beautiful. As far as the loop goes, it has a lot of snow on the north side of the pass. You are in snow all the way down to the lake. About 90% of th...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rea Lakes Loop
May 27, 5:31pm

Rea Lakes Loop
Hello all, I will be off to do the Rea Lake Loop on Friday. I plan on leaving the parking lot by 3:00 am and get off by 12:00 am, (21 hours) The length is 42 miles. Any way, I will give a lit...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rea Lakes Loop
May 24, 12:36am

Re: ?
Hey Jeff, Yes, you are absolutely correct about overall warmth. However, I don't know of any hooded down jackets that weighs less than 8.2 ounces. Besides those super light down jackets ho...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Momentum in gear list
May 24, 12:19am

Re: Liberty Ridge Insulated pants
Hey Joe, Nice job! I was calculating that your pants would weigh 11 oz, so you surpassed my expectations. How is the fit? With out any addition to the circumference, the upper leg portion is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Liberty Ridge Insulated pants
May 22, 7:20pm

Re: ULA Ohm
Hey Brian, I for one like the name, (goes well with the amp). Sometimes it's good to be different. The P1 & P2 weren't.

In GEAR » New pack from ULA- the Ohm
May 19, 9:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Momentum in gear list
Bill, Well said. I will have to do the same thing next time. The pants will fit snug on your upper legs if you don't do this. Unless you have a small framed body, make sure you size up one ...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Momentum in gear list
May 16, 11:38pm

Re: Re: JMT on FIRE this Summer
Down to 3 now. Now there's a chance. Scratch that; back up to 4, (at least). 2 of us going for it are BPL members. The other is John Stamsad, (yuck). Us 2 BPL's may start at the ...

In GEAR » JMT on FIRE this Summer
May 16, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Podcasts
Richard, Go to page 1 and you'll see page 2 right below it. John, It only takes about 10-20 seconds to down load the podcast. All you need to do is grab and scroll to the end, (to the rig...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Great Western Loop
May 16, 12:11am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm