BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9071 - 9080 of 11072 | Page: 1 ...899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ...1108

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Do you think ideas are discounted because of the source?
"...even suggesting to bring a butter tub for a bowl is rejected" Geez, I've been using the same recycled margarine tub for a bowl for years now. It's hard to beat it for weigh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do you think ideas are discounted because of the source?
September 04, 5:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Misinformation
Then I just wanted to set the record straight before that out-of-date misinformation got propagated around here. --B.G.--

In Photography » make my DLSR mountain-ready!
September 04, 12:23am

Re: REI ti ware coating?
Silicon coating on titanium is awfully hard. I've never seen it flake off or anything. The worst degradation that I've ever seen on mine was a faint discoloration, but that is cosmetic. ...

In GEAR » REI ti ware coating?
September 03, 9:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Misinformation
"Yes, and as I said, it took them quite a while to add it... yet you still insisted on attacking me." No, I did not attack you at all. I simply pointed out the error of your statement,...

September 03, 9:27pm

Re: Re: galvanized = bad
I think galvanized hardware cloth is used in lots of pot supports over alcohol burners. That might be bad if it gets hot enough. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Galvanized coat hangers?
September 03, 7:47pm

Re: Re: Keeping bottles clean with energy drinks?
While on a trip, I don't bother to clean it. Once I return home, I empty it, pour in some chlorine bleach, and then fill it with boiling water. After the water has cooled, I pour it out, rin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Keeping bottles clean with energy drinks?
September 03, 7:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Misinformation
"Do you seriously not understand what "dedicated mirror up button" means? The lack thereof is the most common complaint there is about every new Canon camera released, although appar...

September 03, 7:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Misinformation
[Canon] You wrote: "They're trying to distract everyone from the idiocy of their camera designs (since they've made it blindingly obvious that they don't actually USE their own c...

September 03, 5:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Misinformation
I thought it might end this way. In the future, you might want to make it clear which are facts and which are your assumptions. --B.G.--

September 03, 3:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Misinformation
[Canon] "They're trying to distract everyone from the idiocy of their camera designs (since they've made it blindingly obvious that they don't actually USE their own cameras, or t...

September 03, 2:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.