BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9071 - 9080 of 10339 | Page: 1 ...899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ...1034

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re:Measuring Volume
A formula can be good, but in this case it is too difficult to get accurate dimensions. There are too many internal curves. The exception to this would be if you found one of the old first gener...

In GEAR » I have to buy Ber Canisters.... Crap
May 15, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Custom Name/Logo Patch
I just finished it. I laid out a design that is about 1" x 3.5" with a black background, red lettering, and an image of about 0.6" x 0.9". I printed ten copies of that ont...

In Make Your Own Gear » Custom Name/Logo Patch
May 15, 8:55pm

Re: Re:Measuring Volume
Guys, the easy way is to completely fill the canister with water. Then pour the water into a measured container. If the units are liters, then you can convert liters to cubic inches, or whatever un...

In GEAR » I have to buy Ber Canisters.... Crap
May 15, 8:42pm

Re: Frontier Pro
I use the Frontier Pro instead of Sawyer, and it seems to have the same issue where it needs to be primed slightly to start the flow. On mine, a simple squeeze or two on the top platypus gets it go...

In GEAR » Air Release For Gravity Filter System
May 15, 11:34am

Re: Re: Re: re: bindings and falls
"neat trick with the string" About 30-32 years ago, there were not a lot of reliable fishscale-waxless skis. Inevitably, some beginner would get out on icy trails with smooth waxable s...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG approach/bushwack/spring touring skis
May 15, 11:25am

Re: Custom Name/Logo Patch
For cost purposes, I will try a DIY printed transfer. If that doesn't work out, I'll have to pay the price for a real patch. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Custom Name/Logo Patch
May 15, 11:06am

Re: re: bindings and falls
I think strap-on bindings were banned by the Geneva Convention. I've used nothing but 3-pin bindings for the last 25 years or more. If you find yourself on skis and following some horribly i...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG approach/bushwack/spring touring skis
May 14, 10:56pm

Re: Lightweight tripod
If not a ball head, then what do you seek? A pan-tilt or a gimbal? How tall are you seeking? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Lightweight tripod
May 14, 10:41pm

Re: Can you solder and use heat shrink?
I find it difficult to solder a copper wire to a magnet. It might be easier to weld it. I'm taking a wild guess that Benjamin does not have welding equipment. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Where Can I Buy These?
May 14, 8:37pm

Re: Frontier Pro for 2 people?
Are you trying to avoid swapping spit with your camping companion? I just set mine up as a gravity filter, so the clean water fills a platypus. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Water Treatmen/Filtration
May 14, 7:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.