Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9071 - 9080 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: I need a bug net suggestion
"I would bite the bullet and plan on 2oz finished with 1.3oz silnylon." Too heavy. About 1 ounce of clear plastic should make a rain guard, and about 1/2 ounce of net should do the net...

In Make Your Own Gear » I need a bug net suggestion
April 08, 12:36pm

Re: Stakes
All of my standard ones are 1/8 inch in diameter. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » $1.50 Ti stakes at
April 08, 12:20pm

Re: Where to buy tights?
Some people that have a slim or normal figure like tights. They look like long johns except maybe they are a little sleaker, and there is no fly. There is a fashion statement. There are some are...

In GEAR » Where to buy tights?
April 07, 9:57pm

Re: GG Polycryo ground cloth
Trenching around a tent was considered acceptable forty years ago. However, it causes lots of erosion and leaves an ugly eyesore. They are prohibited in national parks and probably other places as ...

In GEAR » GG Polycryo ground cloth
April 07, 9:54pm

Re: I need a bug net suggestion
The next step: As anybody tried anything like this? My thought is to add a triangular flap of clear plastic across the front, and it would keep storm rain out. It should be removable. Then t...

In Make Your Own Gear » I need a bug net suggestion
April 07, 9:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Government shutdowns ?
Apparently Yosemite National Park has a compromise solution. Lots of visitors have reservations to lodging in Yosemite Valley. They would be checked at the park gates and allowed in. Heaven Forbid ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Government shutdown - effects on thru-hikers?
April 07, 9:42pm

Re: Bear canister
I haven't had any trouble with Bear Vaults, either the old 250 or the newer 450. The only trouble that I saw was when one guy spilled his olive oil on the inside, which migrated to the outsi...

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 07, 9:06pm

Re: Re: re: folding -- location for handle
I'm guessing this method is lighter in weight than having it on the other side. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera cone metal
April 07, 7:09pm

Hyperlite Mountain Gear Update
I waited until the lawn was dry enough, and then I had a breezy day. This is the prototype Echo 1 solo tarp in cuben fiber. My original plan was to do something radical with the stock guy li...

In GEAR » New Shelter
April 07, 6:46pm

Re: BV 450 + Pack size
You need to determine the inner diameter of the opening of the main pack bag, and then compare that to the outer diameter of the Bear Vault 450. That assumes that you are trying to fit "a cyli...

In GEAR » BV 450 + Pack size
April 07, 4:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.