BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9071 - 9080 of 11284 | Page: 1 ...899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ...1129

Forum » Thread

Re: moral compass
Just remember that before you use your moral compass, you need to set the magnetic moral declination for your area! --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 14, 3:48pm

Re: gauge wire
On a winter trip, one snowshoer had one snowshoe come apart. We lashed it back together with one large nylon cable tie with steel wire wrapped around that. It was so tight that at the end of the...

In Gear Lists » Generic day hiking list
October 14, 2:33pm

Re: dehydrator
One problem with any dehydrator is that it can consume a fair amount of electric power, especially if you run it night and day to prepare lots of food for a long trip. I have my own free photovo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Excalibut 3926T
October 14, 1:56pm

Re: VS.
"I think spinnaker is junk and would never waste my time or money building anything out of it. Its noisy, tears easy and is barely water resistant." That's interesting. Maybe you g...

In Make Your Own Gear » SpinnShelter-esque
October 14, 1:51pm

Re: MacGyver stuff
Dale has steel wire. I have more that I've carried for years. Fine steel wire is good. I also have some stainless steel wire. It is heavier, but it is better. You can use it for repairing al...

In Gear Lists » Generic day hiking list
October 14, 1:39pm

Re: Superhydrophobic Coatings Coming Soon?
Video photography at 3500 frames per second is nice, but what does it prove? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Superhydrophobic Coatings Coming Soon?
October 13, 11:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Soot
Esbit burns and leaves a dark sticky residue/coating which is normally called "varnish." Wood burns and leaves all sorts of stuff, but if it is a dry powdery stuff, it is called soot. ...

In GEAR » Cook/Eat System
October 13, 11:13pm

Re: Re: Soot
Real Esbit does not leave soot, which is a dry powdery stuff. It leaves a sticky residue with a fishy smell. However, it is not all that difficult to clean off if you have the right stuff. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Cook/Eat System
October 13, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Calling people theives
"Say what you will - if you ask and they say yes, it isn't thievery nor is it stealing." I don't go to McDonalds much anymore, but it was always kind of interesting when I woul...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 13, 5:21pm

Re: Re: Perfect backpacking food?
Sarah, I take exception to your characterization. You aren't allowed to use my name unless it is something totally repulsive! --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Perfect backpacking food?
October 13, 5:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.