Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9071 - 9080 of 12518 | Page: 1 ...899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ...1252

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: National Parks Annual Pass
Albert, when you purchased it, didn't you have to show a photo ID? Then you signed it. If somebody else shows that pass, the NPS ranger may ask for a photo ID, and then they may compare the ...

In Gear Swap » FS: National Parks Annual Pass
March 20, 6:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: I want a new headlamp
A little too heavy for us, but 500 lumens! With that, you could put a spot on the moon, almost. --B.G.--

In GEAR » I want a new headlamp
March 20, 5:53pm

Re: Pertex Equilibrium vest
"The precip resistance has not been good, but I imagine my fabric did not come from the mill with a DWR treatment." I got some Pertex from Rockywoods a few years ago and fabricated a h...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pertex Equilibrium vest
March 20, 5:45pm

Re: Re: I want a new headlamp
Excellent. It appears that the right decision was made. --B.G.--

In GEAR » I want a new headlamp
March 20, 5:36pm

Re: gps not cell
Some users can't tell if they are getting positioning from the cell phone towers or from GPS satellite signals. If it is the former, and then you hike out of the cell service area, it is a prob...

In GEAR » Which way to go in electronic gadgets: Camera, GPS, cell phone combos
March 20, 5:32pm

Re: Monatuk Gnat
I have a Gnat that works on a 700 ml size. There is plenty of flame width, so I put a titanium band around the outer edge of the pot supports to reflect it a bit. I thought about this a little m...

In GEAR » Monatuk Gnat
March 20, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camera, GPS, cell phone combos
I recognize you now, Benjamin. You were on the team that was busy trying to construct a new cell phone tower inside Sequoia National Park. I was on the team that was tearing it down. --B.G.--

March 20, 5:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Camera, GPS, cell phone combos
"Maybe OP needs to look at the places where he hikes (or plans to hike) and see if the cell phone in question can pull in enough GPS signal to work reliably?" Obviously I am not the or...

March 20, 4:58pm

Re: Camera, GPS, cell phone combos
"My question was more about whether cell phones with GPS functions are as reliable as stand alone GPS." Sort of, not quite. It depends. You have to define your terms. As a general rule...

March 20, 4:04pm

Re: My perfect homemade shoes
What kind of leather is it, and where do you buy it? Or, is it recycled? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » My perfect homemade shoes
March 20, 3:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.