BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9071 - 9080 of 11206 | Page: 1 ...899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ...1121

Forum » Thread

Re: Smokies Gear
I don't use the live view feature, either, except for video. When I first arrive at my destination, I shoot a few frames and study the results on the histogram, just to make sure that everythin...

In Gear Lists » Winter Gear List (Smokies, 8-10 day trip)
October 03, 2:40pm

Re: Ultralight bikes
I hope you saw the thread about the 6-pound bike. --B.G.--

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bicycle Touring
October 03, 2:13pm

Re: Re: Smokies Gear
"Re: camera batteries. Not sure -- a lot depends on how many photos you shoot per day, and how many shots you get per battery." As it turns out, the biggest camera battery drain is the...

October 03, 2:04pm

Re: Internal framed packs, favorite frame sheet?
I find it interesting the type of pack construction that Alpenlight used almost 30 years ago for its very light packs. I think the smallest one that I had was about 1500 cubic inches in volume. The...

In GEAR » Internal framed packs, favorite frame sheet?
October 02, 2:40pm

Re: Re: Winter Gear List (Smokies, 8-10 day trip)
The MSR XGK can be a good choice if: (1) You have very large pots of food to cook, or (2) You have very large pots of water to boil, or (3) You have large amounts of snow to melt, or (4) You ar...

October 02, 1:49pm

Re: Deep Anodized Aluminum Skillet & Lid?
Maybe you could model your rig after the Outback Oven. I always found it to be good for baking. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Deep Anodized Aluminum Skillet & Lid?
October 02, 1:42pm

Re: wet feet solutions
After ten days, those socks must have developed quite a character of their own. --B.G.--

In Gear Lists » Porcupine Mountains Gear List
October 02, 10:27am

Re: How about Lithium batteries
Greg, if you study the TSA web site, it spells out what kinds of lithium batteries are good and which are bad. Some can be checked, and some can be carried on. Lithium camera batteries, for exam...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What can't you fly with? (domestic U.S. air travel)
October 01, 5:00pm

Re: Re: What can't you fly with? (domestic U.S. air travel)
I could not fit it into my backpack, so I had to leave it behind. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What can't you fly with? (domestic U.S. air travel)
October 01, 3:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: What can't you fly with? (domestic U.S. air travel)
Benjamin, there are only a few things etched in stone. . . --B.G.--

October 01, 3:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.