Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9071 - 9080 of 11761 | Page: 1 ...899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ...1177

Forum » Thread

Re: white gas
"White Gas - Occasionaly, when I make a user error, when lighting it flares up and singes my eye brows." If it flares up that way, you are doing something wrong. It is supposed to sing...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove efficiency
December 23, 10:13am

Re: Alcohol Stove efficiency
The Thru-Hiker website has an article on this topic, comparing the weight of various stoves and fuels over time. We would expect somebody with the name of Coleman to be interested in stove effic...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove efficiency
December 22, 4:11pm

Re: draft collars
"just thinking out loud, we'd need to insure our pads were secured together (a couple of thin elastic bands???)" I needed to join two sleeping pads, but only for one night out in t...

In GEAR » coupling sleeping bags- cold weather camping, yeah or nay?
December 21, 8:36pm

Re: Which would be warmer?
"Wondering if the difference in down strenght is overcome by the extra amount of down." First of all, I'm not sure what you mean by down strength. There is a difference in the loft...

In GEAR » Which would be warmer?
December 21, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Ultralight sleeping bag recommendations?
"Murphy happens, after all." Murphy was an optimist. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Ultralight sleeping bag recommendations?
December 21, 4:37pm

High Gear ATF8 Multi-Function Device
How about a minaturized version of Big Ben? That's what I need to wake up. --B.G.--

In Editor's Roundtable » High Gear ATF8 Multi-Function Device
December 21, 3:18pm

Re: Re: Christmas early?
Sarah, why don't you make the little tyke a suit out of Reflectix with little Cuben fiber pockets and trim? --B.G.--

In Chaff » Christmas early?
December 20, 11:17pm

Re: Re: dryer
We will wait to hear from Russ, but I will jump to the conclusion that he meant to say that he had never "dryer dried" his Adventure pants. I've dryer dried mine and drip dried min...

In GEAR » REI Adventure Pants
December 20, 11:15pm

Re: bleat bleat bleat
A live bear probably would not fit. Try a wolverine. Any pack would be ripped to shreds. --B.G.--

In GEAR » New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
December 20, 4:17pm

Re: adv pants
Russ, the only time that has happened to my clothing was when the dryer temperature was set way too high. --B.G.--

In GEAR » REI Adventure Pants
December 20, 4:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.