Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 9071 - 9080 of 12721 | Page: 1 ...899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 ...1273

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Pringles
"Safflower and or Sunflower oil" That sounds promising. Thanks, Sarah. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to pack those into a Pringles can. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rank the Bars
April 02, 5:37pm

Re: Group cooking with alcohol stove: large or many small pots?
First of all, you might want to check with the Backcountry Office at Yellowstone. They are very sensitive about open fires of any kind. Alcohol stoves should be legal. Personally, I would never ...

In GEAR » Group cooking with alcohol stove: large or many small pots?
April 02, 5:33pm

Re: first meal
The first eaglet to hatch was fed fresh rabbit by a parent eagle. A memorial service will be held for the recently departed rabbit at the Decorah Iowa Lutheran Church. Donations will be accepted...

In Chaff » Eagles hatching liveweb cam
April 02, 5:23pm

Re: If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?
An old quotation (heard amongst a team of climbers and backpackers): If you die on the mountain, we divvy up your gear. --B.G.--

In Chaff » If something happened to you, would anybody know how much your gear is worth?
April 02, 5:05pm

Re: Re: Why don't people wear Goretex boots in the Sierras?
Goretex boots are OK, up until the time that they get soaked. Once they are wet on the inside, it will take at least a full day open in warm sun to dry them out. They are fine as long as the stream...

In GEAR » Why don't people wear Goretex boots in the Sierras?
April 02, 3:31pm

Re: Bob, luminous tape
"where do you get it?" Uhhh. It wasn't online. I had used luminous tape like that when I was in the military many decades ago, so I knew what I wanted. When I mentioned that to a P...

In GEAR » lighter wt option for guylines?
April 02, 3:11pm

Re: Re: Pringles
The problem with Pringles is that they are full of saturated fat, which is the least healthiest form. Despite the extra calories of Pringles, some of us have to avoid the extra saturated fat. Now, ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rank the Bars
April 02, 3:05pm

Re: Re: schedule
A better time to ski that route would be April 1 to May 1, or April 15 to May 15 at the very latest. That probably does not coincide with your schedule. Generally, the long ski tours are best do...

In Winter Hiking » Advice appreciated April, May Tahoe to Whitney?
April 02, 1:47pm

Re: JMT
"Yeah, if you can give me a decent alternative that would get me around quotas and not qualifying for permits, etc. I'm all ears." In some areas, you still have permits and quotas,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me pick a week long trip
April 02, 1:39pm

Re: White Mountains
"Where are the White Mountains?" The famous ones are around Mount Washington, New Hampshire. You run into tourists and hikers. The not-so-famous ones are in eastern California, near...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me pick a week long trip
April 02, 1:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.