Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 901 - 910 of 916 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

sleeping pad
I understand the extra weight you packed for the big three. but have you ever considered a torsolite or uberlight instead of the thermarest?

In Gear Lists » My UL gear list (6.5 pound base wt.)
October 06, 8:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Quilts
I dident read the whole forum so I dont know if this was already mentioned but I would recomend a bivy/poncho tarp combo. since you have a waterproof floor on your bivy you dont need a ground cloth...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivvy sack with Tarp Tents ?
October 06, 8:00pm

Re: Re: Re: my first aid gear list
david how do you apply the liquid bandage. just squeeze it on to the cut?

In Gear Lists » SUL gearlist
October 06, 7:36pm

Re: Re: Sleeping Bag of Choice
I have two montbell bags, and am very happy with them both. my super strech down hugger #2 was my first ultralight bag. I used it down to 5 degrees with nothing but a liner and a mid weight base la...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag of Choice
October 06, 7:29pm

Re: Sleeping bag
I love my bivy sack but there is only one problem I found. it is that it has no bug netting. but I found that having to use a headnet is well worth the money saved compared to the vapr.

October 06, 7:13pm

esbit stove/titanium stakes....windscreen/pad
A UL esbit stove design I like, is one I saw while on gossamergear.com not in the gear shop but in the extremely ultralight resource link. go to this link and on the second page there is a pict...

In Multiple Use Gear » esbit stove/titanium stakes....windscreen/pad
October 06, 7:09pm

Re: my first aid gear list
Thanks Kevin I found out how to change my account Thanks you are probably right about the balaclava and my first aid kit if very minimal it includes Wond clousure strips one adhesive kne...

October 06, 6:51pm

Re: Sleeping Bag of Choice
Firt of all I recomend you get bivy sack to add warmth, weather protection,and prevent drafts. some examples are the BMW vapr bivy but what I use is the exuinox ultralight mummy bivi.$60 6.5oz W...

October 06, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ultralight cook kit
Roger I have written all I plan to buy and the total weight is about 3.8 - 3.9lbs and have most of it and after christmas probably all, it is just a matter of money. I have posted my gear plan...

In GEAR » ultralight cook kit
October 06, 6:02pm

SUL gearlist
Tis is what I take on a three season backpacking for up to 4 days on the trail reasonably good conditions Extra clothing packed: Under Aurmor cold gear,7.9oz Golite wisp wind shirt,2.5oz Boze...

October 06, 5:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm