Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 901 - 910 of 1948 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...195

Forum » Thread

names
Lots of people will refuse suggested trail names, thats OK. But they can stick in spite of it, especially if something funny happened to you that others witnessed. If everyone else starts calling...

In Philosophy & Technique » 'Trail names'
July 22, 8:01pm

beak
Id say, get the beak from my experience.

In GEAR » Does my Hexamid solo need a beak?
July 22, 6:01pm

fit
It really depends on if its comfortable for you. Plenty of people like to wear their hipbelt lower than normal, and need longer torso due to it. Some like it a bit high, with no discernable w...

In GEAR » Does This Pack Fit?
July 21, 9:13pm

philmont
We were told that Mountain House was too expensive. Apparently they will re-bid contracts periodically, if not every year, as one might expect. Philmont is something like the 2nd or 3rd largest u...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Philmont Journal - Part 1
July 21, 8:23pm

names
We named people when I was in college the same way, and the names stuck for years. It happens in the military too. Even at work in large facilities. Anywhere a group of people spend a lot...

July 21, 4:54pm

names
Trail names are mainly a thru hiker thing. They are used because there might be 10 Mikes on the trail, or 5 Lisas, so they can be differentiated with nicknames. The right way to get one is to hav...

July 21, 7:32am

trees
Philmont does require the use of stand off sticks now for ropes. Not sure how much this helps, It will do a different form of damage, but it still will damage the tree. The same trees are being ...

July 20, 7:24am

philmont
I fully agree that Philmont is good at what it is. But thats all it is. The more experienced someone is, the less they will like it. The less they will like the crew approach as well, because...

July 19, 8:02pm

pretend
I dont think you get the point. Im speculating, but Id guess 90% of people at philmont have never, and will never, backpack without someone else to hold their hand. Whether its Philmont, or a sc...

July 18, 7:04pm

tent
I ordered one and sent it back, never set it up. The difficulty I had in getting the thing back into a stuff sack (slippery) convinced me that scouts would not be able to do so in the field.

In GEAR » imogene 3 golite tent
July 17, 5:52pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm