Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Guest

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 901 - 910 of 1956 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...196

Forum » Thread

packing.
You can put a lot in the mesh pocket. For starters, anything that can get wet. Stove, pot, fuel cannister, tent, raingear, collapsible water containers, etc. It is not supposed to all go inside...

In GEAR » ULA Catalyst packing recommendations
July 25, 7:50pm

urine
is your urine clear at home? Not to be too personal, but mines not. Some foods/medicines, etc can color it too. Yeah, if I drink a lot, so that I pee it all out every 30-60 min, it runs pr...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hydration for Lightweight Backpackers
July 24, 8:40pm

cuben
When I need the room, which isnt too often, I can stuff my 40F quilt into a zpacks medium roll top, and squeeze it down to the size of a cantaloupe by hand. I can actually fit all my clothing in th...

In GEAR » Cuben Fibre compression stuff sacks
July 24, 7:09pm

rain jacket
No. If you want to leave it home to shave weight, you need to shave weight somewhere else until the 6 oz of a rainjacket doesnt matter.

In GEAR » Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
July 24, 7:05pm

pack
There are several light-framed packs in the 1.5-2.5 lb range that work great. You dont need to go frameless, until you want to get below about 6-7 lbs. Too many people do though, buying a Jam...

In Gear Lists » Input on Getting Lighter
July 24, 6:59pm

input
You can do some minor trimming. For instance 9oz is ridiculous for hygiene kit. That could be about 4-5 oz. But the most bang for buck, will be in the pack , followed by tarp , and sleeping ba...

In Gear Lists » Input on Getting Lighter
July 24, 6:27pm

rain
Sometimes rain is nice. I like a light cool drizzle when the weather is hot otherwise. I dont like torrential storms

In GEAR » If it rains do you keep going?
July 23, 6:40pm

quantities
I use a 20ml dropper bottle with the dropper spout removed. At most, I bring 0.35 oz It is only for face, tips of nose and tops of ears. Clothing handles everything else. Even in darn nea...

In GEAR » Sunscreen & bug juice quantities
July 23, 10:13am

names
Lots of people will refuse suggested trail names, thats OK. But they can stick in spite of it, especially if something funny happened to you that others witnessed. If everyone else starts calling...

In Philosophy & Technique » 'Trail names'
July 22, 8:01pm

beak
Id say, get the beak from my experience.

In GEAR » Does my Hexamid solo need a beak?
July 22, 6:01pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm