BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 901 - 910 of 1296 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...130

Forum » Thread

Through the belt
You just stick it through your belt - works fine.

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs Ti Tenkara Net
September 26, 3:42pm

Congrats!
Way to go, Kathleen! Now Bryce owes you a really fine date night at a great restaurant, complete with roses! Good job, Bryce, being patient and carrying the heavy gear! But get that girl a prope...

In Post-Trip Reports » Girly Girl GF and SUL BF world's collide, our first overnight together. Bull's Bridge on the AT.
September 18, 4:59pm

Pounds per Inch
Doug says, "I would think my pointy orange plastic trowel packs more pounds per inch " You're absolutely right! The orange plastic trowel does indeed pack more pounds per inch! :...

In Philosophy & Technique » Poo Trowels
September 18, 10:03am

Big Dig
The Big Dig works great! I love mine!

In Philosophy & Technique » Poo Trowels
September 18, 8:20am

Really cold weather, exercise and sweat
We spent six years in a Northern native community in Canada. The lowest temp we saw was -59*C. -20 to -40*C was normal. The idea expressed by the native folk there was that in winter, if you sweat,...

In GEAR » What down fill weight does Primaloft compare to?
September 17, 8:29pm

Great hats!
I'd jump on this so fast it'd make your head spin - except I already have two in the same size!!!! (slightly different brims). These are great hats, and Dale is selling it for close to h...

In Gear Swap » FS: Tilley LT6 Hat, Size 7-1/2, Light Khaki
September 17, 8:14pm

Hat
And the hat comes complete with a sun glasses holder! Great pics, thanks!

In GEAR » MLD Solo Trailstar
September 16, 11:26pm

Best wishes!
Bryce, it looks like your lady is really thrilled with the tent. :D I hope she comes to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. My wife grew up in the middle of a very large city. While dating, I ...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
September 16, 11:06pm

Reaction
Some islands have amazing bugs, and some get amazing storms. Do you know if either of these will be a factor? If either exist, and in consideration of the fog (read 100% humidity), I'd take the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Advice Please - Tarp Vs. Mid for Island Trip
September 16, 1:24pm

Flexible carbon
Paul says: "From what little I know of carbon fiber composites, stiffness is what they do best, and making a flexible carbon fiber composite is far more complex." A large percentage o...

In GEAR » What kind of pole is strongest?
September 15, 8:20am

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am