BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 901 - 910 of 1305 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...131

Forum » Thread

Sleeping Bags
"Stephen, I'm curious to know if you and your son were using quilts or sleeping bags? Perhaps the warmth issues are isolated to quilt users." Sleeping bags. Honestly, the POE ...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
October 04, 4:18pm

Answer
"Stephen, What temps have you used it down to? And with what bag/layering system? From Konrad's post, it sounds like the potential problems with the POE Elite AC (assuming it holds air) a...

October 04, 2:44pm

@ Jim
LOL! Never thought of that! Maybe I can mix it with a little alcohol and dab it behind my ears!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping= fire, why?
October 04, 2:36pm

Just fine
I've used the POE Elite AC all summer, and my son has used the 2/3 length version, with absolutely no problems. Very comfortable and warm.

October 04, 8:16am

Hurrah for smokey smells!
I'm with Paul. If they made a cologne that smelled like campfire smoke, I'd wear it every day!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping= fire, why?
October 04, 8:09am

Sierra Skeeters
I was in Golden Trout Wilderness last week with my Solomid, camping by a stream every night, and I saw maybe two mosquitoes in the whole week. You should be fine with minimal mosquito protection. ...

In GEAR » (Check it out) Pyramid shelter pole
September 29, 5:30pm

Thinking ahead
For a real Paleo diet: Before your trip, dry and shred strips of meat. Dry tart berries. Pound shredded meat and berries together. Pour melted fat on the mix, and blend together. Form into pattie...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Paleo breakfast for the trail
September 29, 10:26am

Probably the half moon
I have the bug head net version and like it a lot. The Superlight is wonderfully light! I've used it with a tarp and with the Solomid and Solo Trailstar. When I don't need bug protection,...

In GEAR » MLD Superlight Window
September 28, 8:30am

Maxpedition
Definitely not ultralight (or even close!), but tougher than anything else out there. Designed with military/LEO use in mind. Your grandkids will be giving it to their kids to use! Two packs fit...

In GEAR » Looking for a bushwhacking day/overnight pack
September 26, 3:57pm

Through the belt
You just stick it through your belt - works fine.

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs Ti Tenkara Net
September 26, 3:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am