BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 901 - 910 of 1283 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...129

Forum » Thread

As Is
"I, for one, like Lawson's stakes just the way they are. I find them much easier to push into hard ground than my aluminum ones." I agree - they are just fine as they are!

In Gear Swap » Zia grills now for sale to members and guests
September 13, 6:07pm

Major kudos to ULA Customer Service!!!
My two favorite light weight gear brands are MLD and ULA. Both make great products skillfully, and have top notch customer service. But today I got a shocker from ULA: Over the last month or ...

In GEAR » Major kudos to ULA Customer Service!!!
September 13, 3:38pm

Gorgeous!
Second on hi-res version! Beautiful shots, especially the first!

In Post-Trip Reports » Amazing sunset... be jealous :p
September 12, 8:58am

pine needle
Using a pine needle is a variant of the twig method, and works well with longer pine needles. In the daytime, I use a second (unlit) pine needle to confirm that the alcohol is actually burning.

In GEAR » What do you use to light your alcohol stove/fire?
September 11, 11:38pm

Science and reality
Even though "science" says the opposite, I find it impossible to fall asleep in a hammock for more than a few minutes. I tried for six nights, and got only an hour or two per night, after...

In Hammocks » It's scientifically proven!
September 11, 12:44am

Catch and eat?
I am a long time fisherman, starting back when I was a child, going out with my Dad. We always fished legally, and kept what we caught, unless it was an illegal catch. And what we kept, we ate. It ...

In Fishing » Catch and release
September 07, 9:21pm

30s easily
Maybe 20s F.

In GEAR » temps for Montbel exlight jacket?
September 07, 8:13pm

Use a heavy fabric
Instead of a brass grommet, which will indeed tear out on light fabric, simply sew on a piece of heavy fabric - denim, heavy nylon pack cloth, etc - or get classy and use a light weight leather sca...

In GEAR » Towel
September 07, 3:08pm

Hardly ever!
"Drinking untreated water is like riding through stop signs on a bicycle. Nothing bad hardly ever happens." LOL! How true! But when it does happen, oh my!!!!!

In Philosophy & Technique » water treatment...
September 07, 3:05pm

Excessive
Damn shame! I don't have a problem with keeping one or two for the pan, but in that environment, harvesting all those breeders is over the top.

In Fishing » Excessive Catch?
September 07, 11:46am

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am