Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 901 - 910 of 1313 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...132

Forum » Thread

Cute kids!
Cute dog!!! That's the way to do it, Craig! You have some outdoor partners for life!s

In Post-Trip Reports » Children on the River, 10/1 and 10/8
October 10, 5:30pm

Loose Leaves
Sarah says: "Or you could go primitive and put the leaves in your mug and let them settle....has worked for many centuries ;-) Not so elegant but it works!" Plus you can read your for...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » UL tea strainer NOT disposable
October 09, 4:07pm

Tyvek Stuff Sack from Mailer
Here's an instruction set with video of making a water resistant stuff sack from a Tyvek mailing envelope - very simple. The video uses paracord but lighter cord could just as easily be used. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek Stuff Sack from Mailer
October 09, 2:15pm

Re: LNT
"Minimal impact or land steward ship. But I guess Im one of those who prefer rational attainable goals over sloganeering, emotional marketing and idealism." I'm with you, Brian! ...

In Chaff » LNT? Study shows hikers effect the predatory balance of wildlife
October 06, 6:27pm

re Kevin
We ate meals in our Butterflies without any more problem then the occasional dribble - but that would have happened anyway with the crew there! I did try leaning back against a large log in mine...

In GEAR » Whats the lightest chair?
October 06, 2:42pm

Duomid
I'll take the Duomid if Pat doesn't!

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Cuben Duomid, Bearpaw WD Custom Inner, MLD Trailstar, Big Agnes Copper Spur III
October 06, 2:34pm

re: Monarch Butterfly Camp Chair
On our last hike, there were four of these among the five of us. Stripped of it's bag, and packed with two scrunchy rubber bands, it weighs 536 g / 1 lb 2.9 oz. One of the chairs suffered a ...

In GEAR » Whats the lightest chair?
October 06, 10:44am

Re: Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
You bet I do! I'm able to do more short - 2 night - hikes than longer, but got in one week long trip this summer. I use my light weight gear on all of them. I can't think of any reason not to!

In Philosophy & Technique » Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
October 05, 9:56am

Sleeping Bags
"Stephen, I'm curious to know if you and your son were using quilts or sleeping bags? Perhaps the warmth issues are isolated to quilt users." Sleeping bags. Honestly, the POE ...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
October 04, 4:18pm

Answer
"Stephen, What temps have you used it down to? And with what bag/layering system? From Konrad's post, it sounds like the potential problems with the POE Elite AC (assuming it holds air) a...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
October 04, 2:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am