Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 901 - 910 of 1047 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...105

Forum » Thread

Warbonnet corners
I guess I've begun to use this thread as a personal MYOG sketchbook/journal. I apologize for the rash of consecutive posts. One last thought: in complex tarp configurations other than the A-...

In Make Your Own Gear » 9' x9' tarp with 0.48oz Cuben
October 29, 12:04pm

Warbonnet tarp tie-outs
It also occurred to me that, in addition to alleviating diagonal strain, the Warbonnet corner addresses the separate problem of concentrating strain. If the tarp material were isotropic (equal...

October 29, 11:04am

Silpolyester = "Spinnaker"?
Isn't silicone-coated Dacron just what we always call Spinnaker fabric (like Spinntex)? Are you being sarcastic, Lawson? I thought you disliked spinnaker (low tensile strength, unreliable water...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tape to add strength to stitched Cuben Fiber?
October 29, 1:32am

Warbonnet tie-out
I think that Warbonnet tie-out is brilliant. I have to give it some more thought. It seems that the Warbonnet corner might essentially force the taut edges of the tarp to serve as a "frame&quo...

October 29, 1:21am

UV opacification of Hysol
Hm. I think the mean particle size of the powder I've been using is a bit under 1/2 the UV wavelengths. Hopefully it will still suffice. I could always increase the amount I add to the hysol. A...

October 28, 6:05pm

UV
I would agree with you , Dustin. On hot afternoons I'd like to have the option to pitch the tarp and throw a space blanket over it for shade, and I don't want to worry about excessive degra...

October 28, 10:43am

Ti Goat Raft
I haven't heard anything about this for awhile and I noticed that it is no longer pictured on the Ti Goat website. I realize that the Ti Goat operation has recently moved into a new space, and ...

In GEAR » Ti Goat Raft
October 26, 8:37pm

Down for Cuben Quilt
Jerry and Dustin, there is a large amount of information on these forums about down-insulated cuben quilts, and quite a few people who post to this site own them. Tim Marshall has been making them ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cheapest 900FP down
October 26, 2:06pm

taping, sewing, etc.
A lot of anecdotes posted to this forum suggest that, for cuben fiber, sewing alone is not adequate for high-strain attachments or seams. If you want to go with the sewn tarp, I would highly recomm...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tape to add strength to stitched Cuben Fiber?
October 25, 7:10pm

High-tech vs. Natural insulators
Biological polymers like keratin (in fur, feathers, rhino horns, etc.) are essentially assembled by microscopic machines, one monomer at a time. Polymerases and other enzymes build the keratin stra...

In GEAR » Synthetics should have caught or surpassed down by now!! Try harder
October 22, 5:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.