Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 901 - 910 of 1038 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...104

Forum » Thread

High-tech vs. Natural insulators
Biological polymers like keratin (in fur, feathers, rhino horns, etc.) are essentially assembled by microscopic machines, one monomer at a time. Polymerases and other enzymes build the keratin stra...

In GEAR » Synthetics should have caught or surpassed down by now!! Try harder
October 22, 5:33pm

Cuben weight
I realize that this is not the focus of this thread, so I won't reopen the general issue of Cubic Tech product weights, but I thought I'd point out, as an item of trivia, that the "0.3...

In Make Your Own Gear » SpinnShelter-esque
October 15, 7:30pm

Aerogel
I would agree with Richard. I have used aerogel blanket of the same kind that goes into the POE sleeping pads, Toasty Feet insoles, Burton jackets, etc., for insulating cryogenic vessels and pipe i...

In GEAR » aerogel everest field test
October 13, 10:22pm

Seam
"It seems like the advantage of the sandwich bond over the overlapping bond would be nil if the bond is at least as strong as the material." This is not the case at all. It is BECAUSE ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 9' x9' tarp with 0.48oz Cuben
October 02, 1:26pm

Thanks
Thanks for all the feedback. Steve, your diagram illustrates exactly what I had in mind, except I plan to add a tie-out or two along the sides, which would also be connected via reinforcing tows to...

October 02, 12:18pm

9' x9' tarp with 0.48oz Cuben
I know that cottage manufacturers and experienced posters to this forum seem to favor the heavier styles of cuben (CT2K.08, for example) for large tarps for the sake of durability, but I can’t he...

October 01, 12:48pm

UHMWPE woven fabric
I've been returning periodically to this search for several years, and I haven't found a good source yet, either. I did find, about two years ago, a small garment-making operation in the Se...

In GEAR » Mchale dyed full dyneema fabric
September 30, 3:03pm

Leatherman PS4
I posted awhile ago about my modifications to my PS4: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=33095&skip_to_post=281578#281578 ...

In GEAR » Pliers, scissors, locking blade
September 30, 2:43pm

Cap
The cap is heat sealed to the inside of the fabric. This cap was cut away from an old conventional water bladder made of TPU film (with heat welded seams). The heat-sealable nylon is laminated to T...

In Make Your Own Gear » Water bag/bladder
September 27, 5:29pm

"CT0.3K.18"
I wonder if you might just end up with a very expensive, but not much superior, version of a polycryo groundsheet. The UHMWPE fibers in the cuben might give it an edge in tensile strength but in to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Decoding Cuben Part Numbers
September 26, 8:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.