Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 901 - 910 of 1029 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ...103

Forum » Thread

"CT0.3K.18"
I wonder if you might just end up with a very expensive, but not much superior, version of a polycryo groundsheet. The UHMWPE fibers in the cuben might give it an edge in tensile strength but in to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Decoding Cuben Part Numbers
September 26, 8:05pm

Dyeing Momentum
I'll second the recommendation to try Lanaset/Sebraset from Pro Chemical and Dye. I've had good results using it with nylon, but I don't have experience with fabrics that have a fluorop...

In Make Your Own Gear » Can I dye monentum?
September 26, 6:56pm

Fabrication details
Travis, I used a specialized iron with a thermostat set to 350 F. I don't know what setting would be best on a household iron. It would be simple to add baffles to keep it flatter in the pack. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Water bag/bladder
September 23, 8:44pm

Water contamination from plastics
It's nice to have a handy axiom ("Needs to be food grade") in case a question arises about leaching from plastics, but I don't think it's in one's interest to depend on th...

September 23, 8:36pm

Water bag/bladder
The body of this water bag is made from 70D heat sealable nylon, and the cap was removed from an old TPU bladder that had a burst seam. The capacity is about 5 liters (over 11 lbs of water!), which...

September 23, 4:59pm

Heavier cuben
Dan, I think you are probably right in suggesting that cuben will be competitive in abrasion resistance with coated nylon at any given weight (and superior in tensile strength). 1.5oz cuben would p...

In Make Your Own Gear » lightest available urethane-coated fabric
September 20, 1:31am

2.2oz 70D urethane-coated nylon
Thanks for the tip, Tim. 2.2oz is acceptable, I think. Where did you see that material? I'm only considering coated nylon instead of cuben because I'd like to put abrasion-resistant patc...

September 19, 12:10pm

30D heat-sealable nylon
The white, 30D heat-sealable nylon that Bender uses (which is essentially the same as the stuff available from Seattle Fabrics) would work but it weighs about 3oz/yard (with some batch variation). ...

September 18, 9:00pm

lightest available urethane-coated fabric
I have a project that requires bonding a waterproof fabric to cuben. I don't know of an adhesive that will bond a silicone-coated fabric to the mylar surface of cuben fiber, and melamine or pol...

September 18, 3:16pm

WTB: High-bias Cuben
I plan to make a hat and I'm looking for a small amount (about one square yard) of high-bias Cuben Fiber. I'm open to using any of the lighter weight high-bias styles.

In Gear Swap » WTB: High-bias Cuben
September 05, 11:00am

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.