BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 901 - 910 of 1013 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102

Forum » Thread

flexible water containers
I am on my 3rd 96oz Nalgene water container. They are made of polyester film, which, although strong, breaks down after repeated crinkling. Simple (two-plane)folds are fine, but intersecting folds,...

In GEAR » Any issues witht he collapsible plasic water containers?
August 28, 9:22pm

cuben eges
"...outer reinforcing fibres around a film core..." The plies of film are on the outside, but I think you are probably right that a utility knife might produce a microscopically jagged...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to finish edges of cuben tarp
August 27, 10:12am

tear propagation at cuben edges
Kevin, I think the remark you posted in Chris Lucas's tensometer thread, which I quoted here, seemed apt and I didn't mean to attach any implication of a claim to authority by you. I just t...

August 26, 1:18pm

How to finish edges of cuben tarp
I have made two small cuben tarps before, but I left the edges unfinished, thinking they didn't need any kind of a hem because the material can't unravel. However, testing of cuben sampl...

August 25, 10:54am

Catenary edges in cuben
Lawson, how do you finish the catenary edges in your cuben tarps? Do you fold the material over once and bond it down? Woven fabrics, even polyester spinnaker, stretch enough to lay flat when a lit...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Mid Tent
August 24, 7:09pm

tarp stakes
I made a set of corkscrew stakes that I have been very happy with, and posted about it a while ago: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thre...

In GEAR » Tarp Stakes
August 23, 10:26pm

Whoopie slings in braided UHMWPE guylines
I have been quite happy with my braided Spectra/Dyneema (UHMWPE) fishing line guylines. Whoopie slings (with a longish pass-through) work perfectly for length adjustment. Several companies make 16-...

In GEAR » Ultimate Cord/Guylines?
August 12, 3:17pm

Double wall
A separate inner tent is a good idea, and it would be an effective solution, but I'd like to have a bit more space (it is for two people) when fair weather allows a roomy pitch. This is why I&#...

In Make Your Own Gear » bug protection and flat tarp pitches
August 05, 12:48pm

Weight
David, Do you know the weight (in denier or oz/yard) for this fabric? Is it essentially the same as Momentum?

In Gear Deals » New shell fabric in stock from O ware.
August 05, 12:38pm

bug protection and flat tarp pitches
I'm working on a 10' x 10' cuben tarp, and I chose a flat design because I like the pitching versatility. However, bug netting is essential in some of the areas I visit. I'd lik...

In Make Your Own Gear » bug protection and flat tarp pitches
August 05, 10:45am

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.