BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 901 - 910 of 989 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

Forum » Thread

Cuben seams
Oh. Tape. I think tape is quite a bit heavier and less reliable than careful Hysol seams. Very thin, strong, almost invisible seams are possible with the low-viscosity Hysol (U-09lv). I don't t...

In GEAR » Cuben sleep system
June 02, 10:31pm

Weight estimates for bonded seams
Lynn, Like Nia, I am a bit interested in how you estimated the weight of bonded seams. I'm not asking just to be contrary (although it seems to me that well-done cuben seams are not heavier ...

June 02, 8:34pm

water infiltration
These are the reasons that I had initial concerns about this design. I don't know what the baffle width is, so I don't know how many seams there are, but seam sealing would probably signifi...

June 02, 9:54am

walkthrough
The modifications only took about an hour and I didn't think to take any photos of the process. This is the Squirt PS4, which just became available this month, I think. It has 0.05" hex sc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Leatherman Squirt
May 24, 10:27am

Modified Leatherman Squirt
Leatherman now makes a version of the Squirt that has both pliers and scissors. I put serrations in half of the knife blade and a chisel tip on the file (for prying), and I removed the screwdrivers...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Leatherman Squirt
May 23, 10:03pm

cuben seams
I am a pretty regular sewing machine user but I don't know anything about even the most basic troubleshooting. I can't tell you why your bobbin thread isn't getting picked up. But I...

In Make Your Own Gear » need help with some cuben sewing/sticking problems please...
May 21, 11:19pm

Not daft
Actually, you and I seem to have hit upon the same notion (you get the credit, though, because you published first). I have been considering almost exactly what you described, and the heat-sealable...

In Make Your Own Gear » Inflatable back pack
May 21, 12:00pm

Impressive craftsmanship
That is a handsome piece of gear, ke wu. I have been thinking a bit lately about the possibility of fabricating something like this that could function both as a shovel and as a paddle (for packraf...

In Make Your Own Gear » carbon fiber shovel
May 16, 10:38pm

Where to buy down
These are the sources I have found: 1. Thru-hiker (800 fp, $25/three oz.) 2. KookaBay (750 fp, $16/three oz.) 3. Seven Wonders (Hungarian 800 fp, $24/three oz.) 4. Speer (allegedly 900 fp, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to buy down
May 10, 3:24pm

very innovative
This is a clever idea, Zelph. What kind of stainless steel is it (304? 316?) and what is the thickness of the foil (0.002")? I've found that foil can be susceptible to developing pinholes ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Slimline Steel Pot
May 08, 6:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.