BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 901 - 910 of 1003 | Page: 1 ...82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

Forum » Thread

cone hat
I think a bit of closed-cell foam mat, as Stuart suggested Joe at zpacks might have tried, could be a good way to go. A lightweight bit of nylon rod around the edge could help stiffen the periphery...

In Make Your Own Gear » cone hat for rain or sun
July 22, 11:56am

cone hat for rain or sun
I'm very pleased in general with my Marmot Mica jacket but the hood is a bit ill-fitting and doesn't turn with my head at all. I have to pull it aside with my fingers if I want to look to t...

In Make Your Own Gear » cone hat for rain or sun
July 20, 11:55pm

Cuben failure at bond
Dan, could you post a photo of the failed cuben (with the hanging fibers)? I've been concerned that delamination might be the failure mode at simple overlapping seams (breakage of the film and ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Width of cuben bonded seams
July 08, 1:12pm

Interested
Matthew, I tried navigating that website and couldn't find the page that described specs like emissivity. If the emissivity is lower than vacuum metalized fabrics or films I'm very impresse...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Ultralight Aluminiumised Fabric
July 05, 11:46pm

fibraplex
I recently ordered from fibraplex and experienced long delays as well. I decided after seven weeks to cancel my order and go with aluminum. I'm comfortable with that decision in light of the ma...

In Gear Deals » delays with fibraplex
June 28, 1:04am

Drysack inflatable pillow
The rolltop closure of the drysack may be watertight but it is not airtight. It will not stay inflated. Also, even if it were possible to make it hold air it would not be brick-shaped like the BA p...

In GEAR » MLD cuben dry sack
June 20, 6:51pm

cuben bonding trouble
Hugh, What kind of seam are you attempting to make, and how are you testing it when you try pulling it apart? Are the pieces loaded in shear or in peel? Unfortunately, no bonding technique I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » need help with some cuben sewing/sticking problems please...
June 20, 6:31pm

steel wire
Yes. Even if it falls into the coals, it should be fine.

In Make Your Own Gear » fishing leaders
June 17, 12:02pm

Black only?
Still only in black?

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code
June 14, 7:00pm

heat sealable fabric problem
I am making an inflatable pillow from white, 30d heat sealable nylon from Seattle Fabrics, but I can't seem to achieve very good bond strength. The coatings on the fabric faces fuse but the pie...

In Make Your Own Gear » heat sealable fabric problem
June 11, 2:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.