BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 91 - 100 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Sierra Designs Down Booties
While these might not be the lightest, they can be found for less than $20 at the end of the season. I own a pair ($19). Haven't used them yet, but mine are sized such that I can easily wear a th...

In GEAR » Down Booties or bivi booties
November 09, 6:50am

east side Sods access
I still think it might be worth another 30-45 minute drive and take a lift up the northern most ski resort on the western edge of the sods. From the sattelite views one of the runs comes very clos...

In Winter Hiking » Low elevation Winter Setup
November 09, 6:44am

The decline of Ray Jardine...
...and then re-open it 2 weeks later.

In GEAR » Ray Jardine closes shop
November 09, 6:38am

10-day Pack recommendation
Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone (3#), 3800ci, framesheet, fully adjustable torso length. Replaceable hipbelts and shoulder straps to fit *your* body, not the "M/L" everyone else expects you to be. I ...

In GEAR » Pack recommendation for 10 day hikes
November 08, 9:56am

Re: Re: MyNew could be better...
Obviously, #3 would be optional setting per user. The reason is a bit more subtle. When a thread is active, they are overkill. However, after the initial mahem is over someone alwasy replies 2 w...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » New Posts Since Last Visit
November 08, 7:13am

MyNew could be better...
I love the content on this board, but it is a PITA to follow a thread. This will only get worst as traffic increases. Here are my suggestions to make life easier... 1) Have the "My New" list o...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » New Posts Since Last Visit
November 07, 7:14pm

Jetboid melting snow
I thought someone on the bpl yahoo group used a jetboil for their winter trips. I believe he had some sort of hanging rig which allowed him to use it in the tent without fear of tipping over. D...

In GEAR » stove to melt snow
November 07, 2:52pm

upside down canister?
Thanks for the more detailed description. To All; I wonder at what point (temperature) the upside down cansier trick starts, and stops, being useful? Vick? Currently I own MSR PR, I have a ...

November 07, 2:45pm

stove for melting snow
We've seem to be switching between stove types within our responses. The above link seems to be referring to a "stove on top" style of canister stove. Whereas, I was talking about a "detached sto...

November 07, 1:31pm

Re: stove for melting snow
Wouldn't I need a rather large pie plate (12-14") to put both the canister and stove base inside its diameter? Do you still put a windscreen around the stove pot combo? If so, how do you keep it ...

November 07, 1:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.