BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 91 - 100 of 369 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Why a knife instead of scissors?
What Nelson said. I have also been short on stakes and have had to fashion my own. For all these reasons, I like to carry a small, light fixed blade on my belt. I also consider it my fail safe. ...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 21, 12:36am

Re: how to carry 2L platy on hipbelt?
Have someone customs make you a drop leg water holster? That would be sick! ETA: Actually I posted the above more as a funny thought that came to my mind, but the more I think about it, the mo...

In GEAR » how to carry 2L platy on hipbelt?
March 20, 9:55pm

Re: Backpacking: baby on board (the sequel)
Lazy kid. Where's HER backpack? Just kidding, that's awesome actually. I hope I have the patience, and the time to give our daughter experiences like that.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking: baby on board (the sequel)
March 20, 11:26am

Re: Picking up a Hot Pot
Silk Bandana. I already carry it, so no extra weight. Has a multitude of uses besides potholder, especially since it's 3'x3'.

In GEAR » Picking up a Hot Pot
March 20, 11:06am

Re: 3 new test videos: Sierra Designs DriDown vs. untreated down
I think the steam test is completely inconclusive. If you added a disk with holes in it to each tube, the weight of the disk would probably start compressing the down as it starts to fail. I think ...

In GEAR » 3 new test videos: Sierra Designs DriDown vs. untreated down
March 20, 10:55am

Re: Soylent Experiments
He'll I'd try it! Would love something like this for the majority of my meals. Not something I'd replace all food with, but would be nice for the majority of my day to day non restauran...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Soylent Experiments
March 19, 2:09pm

Re: Soylent Experiments
It's made of people!!! Cool, but how many calories per ounce?!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Soylent Experiments
March 19, 1:46pm

Re: Rainier is a strange one
"They prohibit all backcountry fires now, as far as I know. (http://www.nps.gov/mora/planyourvisit/wilderness-guidelines-and-regulations.htm). On the bulleted list of prohibited items, it ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is a tiny wood-fuelled stove a campfire?
March 19, 12:50pm

@ Roger. Re: Smallest volume pack...
Roger: So which pack do the "contents fit better in"? The tall, narrow tube, or the short, squat roll top?

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Smallest volume pack dimensions you guys? Cubic inches...
March 19, 1:47am

try the straps
personally, i don't grip my poles other than to guide it between my thumb and forefinger. I put my actual weight on the wrist strap. If you use yours like I do, then the squishiness may not be ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG ergo trekking pole grips. Which materials? Also, attached pic.
March 18, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.