BPL Community Profile

William Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale William Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me William Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Segraves

Showing 91 - 100 of 216 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...22

Forum » Thread

Re: Spoon
+1 on Kevin's long-handled polished titanium spoon. "The long handled spoons are great for getting to the bottom corners of a dehydrated dinner bag, but the bowls are small and worthle...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Spoon heresy
April 22, 3:57pm

Re: HIIT Training
Fwiw, a few observations suggested by my own experience, using HIIT as one of several training tools: It's not something to be done casually or as the way to start getting in shape. If a fri...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Truth About Exercise M. Mosley
April 19, 7:55pm

Re: Calorie deficit to save weight. :)
I can do this for about two weeks, as long as I'm cruising (*not* pushing upper end of aerobic capacity) at ~ 20 miles/day. After that, I get ravenously hungry, and if I don't eat, I bonk. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calorie deficit to save weight. :)
April 19, 7:16pm

looking for decent 1/2 oz compass
Can anyone recommend a decent, basic 1/2 oz compass? I have a "real" compass for trips when it's needed, but for trips when it's not necessary, I'm looking for just a basic b...

In GEAR » looking for decent 1/2 oz compass
April 17, 6:30pm

Re: Philosophy of Thru-hiking
Wonderful and interesting comments, all - thank you! I hope there will be more to come. Cheers, Bill PS - I'm pretty sure those are footwear of some kind in the photo. The shape is rig...

In Philosophy & Technique » Philosophy of Thru-hiking
April 15, 7:47pm

finding the right trick birthday candles
"I carry a couple of trick birthday candles and use them to light" I got some of these two years ago for a trip and things didn't turn out as planned. Most of them melted in the ca...

In GEAR » Tips for lighting Esbit in High Winds
April 15, 7:36pm

Re: Recommendations for groundcloths
I've had really good results with the polycro from GG and with window shrink film. Assuming for the moment (and you'd want to confirm this) that this stuff generally works well but will occ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Recommendations for groundcloths
April 14, 5:49pm

Philosophy of Thru-hiking
I'm interested to hear other people's views on the essence of thru-hiking - what distinguishes a thru-hike and what's special about it. Is it about distance? Is it about time? Is it...

In Philosophy & Technique » Philosophy of Thru-hiking
April 14, 4:02pm

looking for a scrap of lycra mesh or similar
Anybody have suggestion about where I might get a small piece of lightweight stretch mesh for adding a front pouch to a small myog pack? Need less than 20" x 10" so getting a yard seems a...

In Make Your Own Gear » looking for a scrap of lycra mesh or similar
April 13, 8:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dehydration & Heat stroke @ Nick
Wrt alcohol vs hand-washing, it's worth pointing out that alcohol-based hand sanitizers seem to be particularly ineffective against norovirus, something you *really* don't wanna get when yo...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Hype of Dehydration and Heatstroke
April 12, 8:30pm

All Reader Reviews by William Segraves

William Segraves has posted no reviews.