BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 91 - 100 of 456 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...46

Forum » Thread

Winnemucca
Hey Jack, Is your property out in the Unionville area south of Imlay? If so, don't tell anybody, but it is pretty nice out there. Nice little desert oasis.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Going to Glacier, need camp spots along the way.
May 08, 9:53pm

WTB(orrow): Bearikade Expedition Cannister
Buy one and then sell it here when your done if you don't plan on needing it again for the Sierras. they hold their value very well as you can tell by the lack of responses and cost of what peo...

In Gear Swap » WTB(orrow): Bearikade Expedition Cannister
May 03, 9:54pm

JMT planning, hike duration
"My advice for ensuring success would be to break camp before sunrise each morning. Get the bulk of your mileage done by noon, take a solid lunch break, and spend the remainder of the days lig...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT planning, hike duration
April 17, 8:58pm

Help Needed; JMT FP trek synopsis & 2012 gear
JD, Your list looks pretty good. I have a couple of suggestions, some have already have been mentioned here. Bear Bell, is it for you or to alert you at night if a bear is messing with your bea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help Needed; JMT FP trek synopsis & 2012 gear
April 17, 8:40pm

Tahoe Rim Trail in late May early June
Two and a half weeks is more than enough time to do the TRT. You may find yourself 'pushing' a few more miles than you are comfortable with at times to make it to reliable water sources. Th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tahoe Rim Trail in late May early June
April 14, 11:59am

WTB - Evernew Ti Pot, 600ml
The link ended up being an old one for Brasslight stoves. It turns out the tsunami shut down the titanium pot industry for a bit in Japan, so they are on back-order. That explains why the price for...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Evernew Ti Pot, 600ml
April 13, 9:00pm

Tahoe Rim Trail in late May early June
Susan, Like James mentioned, you probably will have some snow north of Echo Lakes and around Mt. Rose but the snow pack that I see reported for the Lake Tahoe area is closer to the %50 - %60 range,...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tahoe Rim Trail in late May early June
April 13, 8:48pm

Rob - Thanks man!! I scored a great deal on that pot. To afford most of the other sites I needed to take out a 2nd on my house to afford a pot! Thanks again.

April 06, 2:09pm

Jason, not to drift too far off from trying to find pots that seem hard to find, but is your photo taken by Iceburg Lake as suggested by the location title? If so, how did you like the mountaineeri...

April 06, 7:12am

Bueller...Bueller? Anyone have this model they want to part with?

April 05, 9:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm