BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 91 - 100 of 484 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...49

Forum » Thread

Kings Canyon/Window Peak Info
Thank-you Tom! You gave me some good info last year on a hike a group of us went on in the Southern Sierras and it was very helpful.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Kings Canyon/Window Peak Info Needed
December 02, 8:55pm

Kings Canyon/Window Peak Info Needed
I am researching some potential trips for next summer and wanted to know if anyone has a trip report, or some good info on a cross-country route from Window Lake to Bench Lake, via Explorer Pass/Co...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Kings Canyon/Window Peak Info Needed
December 01, 12:34am

Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
One of the better articles that have appeared on BPL lately. I don't agree with everything about it, but it does merit some research and experimenting of my own now! Thanks!

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 25, 8:33pm

Obama/Biden
Seemed pretty even to me, but after seeing the physco Biden in the last debate, and knowing he is next in line if something happens to Obama should be enough to scare any rational person from votin...

In Chaff » Obama/Biden
October 16, 9:24pm

2012 Favorite Gear
1 - Exped UL7 Synmat, 2 - Zimmerbuilt pack, Half Dome, modified. 3 - Dirty Girl gaiters.

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
October 15, 7:07am

Zimmerbuilt Pack
FWIW, Chris made a pack pretty close to the same specs as this one and it is an awesome pack! I used it on about 300 miles of hiking in bear canister required Sierra hikes this summer, and it ride...

In Gear Swap » Zimmerbuilt Pack
October 14, 10:01pm

Romney/Ryan
I'll feel some empathy for O once he's out of office and not sending out country down the same path as Greece! Right now I think he is a dangerous, clueless leader.

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
October 04, 8:22am

Romney/Ryan
It's not gloating, it is merely pointing out what is painfully obvious to those of us that don't get our news from PMSNBC, CNN, or the Huffington Post, that without a TelePrompTer, this guy...

October 04, 7:18am

Romney/Obama
Obama without a TelePrompTer= him looking like the bumbler that the media chooses to ignore! I also ran a timer for each response, and on average, Obama went over his 2 minute limit anywhere from 3...

October 03, 10:28pm

Boredom, Finding Opaque Droppers
Jacob, US Plastics has a great collection of mini-droppers for your pre mixed AM drops. I have found that my pre mix solution stays bright yellow for well over a day in a black mini-dropper bottle....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BOREDOM... Pictures:Gear (14.8 lbs)
September 28, 9:07am

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm