BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 91 - 100 of 1542 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...155

Forum » Thread

Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben & Event Fabric
After a 1 1/2 month adventure trip I returned yesterday to find the WPB Cuben I ordered from Zpacks in my mail. Out of curiosity, I tested it even before even unpacking. The executive summary i...

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
December 19, 7:19pm

Re: Yeti Torre II
-10F for standing thermo neural temp during photography. As Rick stated the rating assumes shelter from the wind.

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
December 05, 5:44pm

Re: Questions for Synthetic Over quilt\bag users
Stephen, The over bag/quilt rating estimation I use is roughly incremental; there is no sacrificial item. There is an ~ .6 iclo from the original bag/quilt's boundary layer which is eliminat...

In GEAR » Questions for Syntehtic Over quilt\bag users
November 11, 3:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
Ross, I have measured the air permeability of some "lighter alternatives to eVent" and eVent using my test equipment. The values average: Tyvek 1422R - .15 CFM Propore (Green D...

In GEAR » Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
November 09, 12:18pm

Re: Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
Ken, Cuben WPB Q1 2011 version tests by me were most recently discussed here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=54142. Executive...

In GEAR » Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Jacket
November 09, 8:19am

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
Yes, there is a dramatic difference.

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
November 08, 11:34pm

Re: Re: 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
Justin, Based on your reported breath test: yes.

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
November 08, 10:59pm

Re: MontBell Plasma 1000 Down Jacket Review
Will, It was a pleasure to read your review. I have missed your excellent contributions to BPL.

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Plasma 1000 Down Jacket Review
November 07, 9:11am

Jetboil Sol CO ppm at low, med, and high?
I have these numbers, that Roger Caffin published, for the Jetboil GCS. I need the low, med, and high CO ppm for the newer models of the Jetboil Sol. If you have these values, please post them to t...

In GEAR » Jetboil Sol CO ppm at low, med, and high?
November 02, 8:23pm

Re: Enigma Quilt
Dave, 50% is less than than the humidity used to determine fill power and the EN 13537 ratings. So, it will provide more insulation than the specs.

In GEAR » enLIGHTened equipment product changes in Sept.
October 20, 11:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm