BPL Community Profile

Greg Lewis (gpl916) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I am relatively new to backpacking. I did some in high school, which was a long time ago, and just started again. I find that the UL style blends with many of my interests which include adventure racing, mountain biking,road biking, kayaking, sailing, and of course backpacking. I like to think of myself as an adventurer rather than one hobby or another. Of course, the kids have kept that in check over the last few years. I have some catching up to do!
CityKirkland
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.kirkland360.com
My PDF Gear ListGrand canyon four day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Lewis

Showing 91 - 100 of 226 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...23

Forum » Thread

re; Frank
Thanks Frank- that's good to hear. gl

In Gear Deals » Plateau Outdoors
March 13, 10:25am

Re: RE:Spare Clothes
Yeah, I agree, but the stakes don't stretch out the socks at all. You could put many clean things in there that are smaller than your foot. It does get rid of a couple of extra items in your pa...

In Multiple Use Gear » spare clothes
March 12, 11:06pm

bike tarp
That's fairly simple. Almost any tarp you see in these forums will work for that. The best idea I have seen is to take off the front wheel and use the rear guyline over that for the back suppor...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Tarp for bike touring
March 12, 10:57pm

spare clothes
I was trying to figure out how to organize items in my pack without small stuff sacks, especially my tarp stakes which rattle around a little. I solved that problem by putting them in my spare ...

In Multiple Use Gear » spare clothes
March 11, 10:12pm

re; stick
The one time that I have set up my hexamid tarp, I did use a stick for the pole. I was worried about it poking through so I wrapped one of my spare socks around the tip of the stick to protect the ...

In GEAR » Just received my ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tent
March 11, 8:44pm

Plateau Outdoors
I just ordered a Montbell ex-light through http://plateauoutdoors.com They price their Montbell products at 10% below the msrp of other retailers. My Ex-light was $148 compared to $164 on ot...

In Gear Deals » Plateau Outdoors
March 11, 7:51pm

Re: warmth
Dave, Thanks for the input. The headnet is kind of an oversight. I just copied this list off my general 3 season and changed where appropriate. I assume no mosquitos then? On the list you will ...

In Gear Lists » Grand Canyon list
March 11, 6:00pm

re; GC list
Michael, I was wondering about the weather too. From what I have read, the road into the North rim can be closed from snow into May. I have also been told to expect temps of 100F. I do have synthe...

March 11, 5:02pm

Hexamid
That's about what mine weighs too. I am waiting for my fibraplex pole so have not had it out to try it yet even. Mine is green, I think I like the white looks better though. gl

In GEAR » Just received my ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tent
March 11, 4:53pm

grubpack
Travis, I will check that out too. I don't think there are any rules governing food protection from rodents. Thanks, greg

March 11, 1:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Lewis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I ordered a GoLight Ion on 2/18. They ran my card on 2/19. They didn't call until a week later and said that it was no longer available...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 05, 5:31pm