BPL Community Profile

mark henley (flash582) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale mark henley hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me mark henley has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListMarks 3 lb list - Good down to 40 degrees

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mark henley

Showing 91 - 100 of 461 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...47

Forum » Thread

Austin Area Hikes?
If Austin is ok with you .... I would suggest the Goodwater Trail at Lake Georgetown. Too hot at the moment, unless you just like sweating at night, but it's a 26.5 mile loop around the lake...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Central Texas hikes
July 09, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Industrial civilization is sustainable.
"This is on the lines of the Gaia theory. The theory goes that the earth seen as a single organisim ( we are selves are made up of smaller organisims ) uses disease as its immune system"...

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 09, 1:32pm

Serenity Shelter vs. Meteor Bivy
Just a thought .... An A16 bug bivy and a simple sack made of Tyvek (put together with Tyvek tape or 3m Heavy Duty tape instead of sewing) would make a nice modular bivy system similar to what y...

In GEAR » MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
July 09, 12:44pm

Industrial civilization is sustainable.
The biosphere is self limiting ..... as population increases, so does disease mutation. Influenza, the Plague, and countless other examples through out history prove the point. Technology al...

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 09, 5:39am

MLD serenity vs Meteor Bivy
You can always make your meteor Bivy taller. Make the netting two pieces wide instead of one at the top ..... you'd be able to sit up in it then.

In GEAR » MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
July 08, 4:05pm

Re: Re: Debunking the myth: Quilts AREN'T as comfortable as a sleeping bag"
Depends on what you want them to do ..... if you want a big boy bag they're in the ballpark. If you can fit in a 59 inch girth bag then I would question why you want a quilt with a girth lar...

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 07, 3:31pm

Debunking the myth: Quilts AREN'T as comfortable as a sleeping bag"
http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/Large%20Quilts.htm The Quilts are 84 x 61. Mark

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 07, 10:33am

Forum Standards
The 1st Amendment does protect all forms of speech .... then the courts are left to decide which forms of speech are libalous/slanderous, or infringing on another's rights. For example ... s...

In Chaff » Forum Standards
July 07, 10:20am

Re: Re: "Naturally BPL accepts absolutely no responsibility for what you do."
I found your post to be rather disconcerting, Roger. I would state, for the record, that I have no interest in chiming in following your post. I found it rude and discourtous.

In Make Your Own Gear » 8.8g SUUL remate canister stove
July 06, 10:04pm

Forum Standards
Freedom of speech does not include freedom to slur or slander others, nor does it include the right of verbal attack. Members should be able to post here without fear of being belittled for thei...

In Chaff » Forum Standards
July 06, 9:56pm

All Reader Reviews by mark henley

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak 600
This cup is big enough to cook in for a solo person, a huge cup of java, or it's great for just boiling water. I use a piece of simple foil for a lid and it works amazingly well on a Snowpeak Giga...

In Cookware - Titanium
February 22, 8:34am

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I have made a few sewing projects, several quilts, and about a zillion stuff sacks, but this was the first time I attempted a piece of clothing. The pattern that AYCE provides is very well thought ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 22, 8:29am

White Box Alcohol Stove
This little stove ROCKS! I'm in agreement that it needs a primer pan, but other than that, I actually melted my windscreen when it got too close to the cup. It's like firing up a blowto...

In Stoves - Alcohol
February 22, 8:23am

Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream
For years I've heard hikers talk about carrying a protein suplement along on trips to ensure that they don't sacrifice muscle while hiking. Most people who have ever tried a protein powdere...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 21, 2:51pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
15 ounces of pure, 2.5 inch thick, heavenly sleeping bliss. I have a Max Compact, several thermarests, a Full length Max thermo, and several types of closed cell pads in my gear closet. This is withou...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 21, 2:41pm

Gregory G pack
I bought two of these packs, one for myself and one for my wife. After two years of use the packs have held up well, but we have both found that the load rating is VERY optimistic ... The pack beco...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 03, 2:27pm

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've been backpacking seriously for about 4 years now, not including my Scouting days of yesteryear. This is my first Down bag as I've always used synthetics in the past. I've used the bag...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 03, 2:21pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
This Filter weighs in at 2 oz and once installed it has a very small impact on flow rate from the hydration tube/bite valve. I'm using it in conjunction with a Platypus hydration setup and you get...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 03, 2:12pm

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
Fantastic instructions ... I had never used a sewing machine before. I ordered the Ray Way stow bag kit and made it as my first project. The Quilt was a great second project. The instructions were ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 04, 3:09pm