BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 91 - 100 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

First try
Just tried it undiluted on an old stuff sack I had laying around. When it dried, it was real grippy, but very water proof. Not a lot of weight added either. Just applied with my finger in a thin...

In Make Your Own Gear » silicone sealant
February 23, 10:30pm

silicone sealant
I have a friend who is big into fish tanks (making them and such), and yesterday he told me that he seals his tanks with silicone sealant (in the cracks and corners where the glass panes meet). My...

In Make Your Own Gear » silicone sealant
February 23, 1:11pm

clearing fabric question up
I realize that the question might have been a little vague and dumb in parts (a breathable pack), but what I was wondering is if there was a fabric that I could just buy in bulk that would suffice ...

In Make Your Own Gear » cheap fabric on a budget
February 20, 11:30am

Fabric help please...!
Just throwing this out there, what is the cheapist waterproof fabric, breathable is a must also. I am looking to make a varity of things from this fabric (backpack, hammock, jacket, tent, or anyth...

In Make Your Own Gear » cheap fabric on a budget
February 19, 1:21pm

sizing down the load for winter...
It is finally getting a little cold here in central Arkansas. Because of this is it obviously harder to go backpacking in a UL style. I was wondering what are some ways that you can compensate fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sizing down the load for winter...
January 15, 10:08pm

Re: Out, Damn'd Logo! Out, I say!
why don't you just get a seam ripper and rip the threads out. If it is like every other kelty sign I've seen its all thread. Just rip it out.

In GEAR » Out, Damn'd Logo! Out, I say!
January 09, 8:52am

Re: Adventure racer
Doug, I also saw that model, however I am 6'1" and that model is rated for someone who is 5'10". Are you saying that you think this model would work for someone who is taller...

In GEAR » Lightest Hammock
December 08, 8:51am

Re: New Hammock Info
I've been looking at some hammocks, is the 1lb 15oz hennesey model pretty light or can I do better?

In GEAR » Lightest Hammock
December 07, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Re: winter socks
I'm not sure why I'm anemic. I'm not a vegetarian, and I'm not cold natured. The circulation thing may by my problem as I do have pretty tight fitting shoes and with the added soc...

In GEAR » best winter socks?
December 07, 4:00pm

Re: Re: Swiss Pillow
I too saw this video, but I don't see how these could give enough support to be worth taking. Seems a stuff sack full of clothes would be just as good. Am I missing something?

In Make Your Own Gear » Swiss Pillow
December 06, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.