Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 91 - 100 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

Matt, I met those goat folks as well!
The guy was setting traps for the squirrels. And also using an air rifle. I remember them quite vividly and discussing the whole commune thing. Very nice people. I recall that stretch of trai...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is the strangest thing you ever saw in the backcountry?
January 06, 3:37am

Re: Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog
David - I understand and even agree on many levels with your position. But in the case of selected National Parks on the PCT, dogs are prohibited. This is spelled out in the regulations. It is m...

In Gear Lists » Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog.
January 06, 1:20am

Dogs on the PCT
I will chime in here as another guy who had a great time hiking the PCT. I hiked in 2009 as well and can say without question that I urge you to reconsider your position. Simply, the trail travels ...

In Gear Lists » Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog.
January 05, 11:41pm

New Fuji system
Edited for more accurate informatiomn Several sites are now reporting on the new Fuji system, with a few more reporting that there may actually be a Full Frame or Medium Format camera in the wor...

In Photography » New Fuji system
January 05, 2:23am

Re: Painting pot black
This thread reminds me warmly of time spent hiking in the company of engineers. I didn't understand a lot of what they discussed, but they were ecstatic to explain to a liberal arts kind of guy...

In Make Your Own Gear » Painting pot black
January 04, 11:11pm

Re: New Fuji system
Adam, I know how it goes. I've resisted to buy any camera. I have a mediocre P&S but it has at least captured some great memories, if not always at the quality I like. But then again, it...

January 04, 10:56pm

New Fuji system
Fujifilm reportedly enters the fray with a new interchangeable lens with an APS-C CMOS sensor and three fast primes and a hybrid viewfinder. Leave it to the banking sector to break this news. Su...

January 04, 10:50pm

A few other considerations
Two things I'd urge anyone to consider: Make sure that a place accepts USPS or UPS. There are a few places that don't accept UPS, for example. THe same goes for a couple that don't a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » PCT Resupply Strategy - Mailing Boxes
January 04, 3:26pm

What a senseless tragedy
My heart goes out to the family, friends and colleagues of the park ranger. Like many of you, I visit frequently during all seasons. This breaks my heart, a lot of good people work in that park, lo...

In On the Web » Ranger dies, shooter still on the loose in Mt. Rainier Nat. Park.
January 01, 10:07pm

Much is going to change again soon
There are several major photography trade show in the coming weeks and months that will include announcements from major manufacturers, including the much rumored (but isn't it always rumored?)...

In Photography » Pick me a camera
January 01, 3:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.