BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 91 - 100 of 251 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...26

Forum » Thread

Bark River Bravo 1
I know it's probably insane overkill for backpacking, but I can't help loving the looks of the Bark River "Bravo 1" knife. It is the fieldcraft knife allegedly chosen by survival...

In GEAR » Knives
March 12, 12:16am

SOLD
I appreciate the offers to everyone who emailed me. Three offers in a very short period of time, and I hadn't even gotten a chance to update the thread. The tent is now sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: BA Copper Spur UL1 Tent
March 01, 4:02am

BA Copper Spur UL1 Tent ***SOLD***
SOLD Hello all, I'm selling an excellent condition Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 tent. This is the exact tent for sale: I've used it once, for two nights in the high Sierras, with my...

In Gear Swap » FS: BA Copper Spur UL1 Tent
February 28, 9:49pm

Re: Re: Hilleberg Anjan Use in the Winds
Dave, you're not the only one who misses your Nammatj. I had the Nammatj 2 (the sand colored tent on the second or third page of this thread), for only a very short time. I quickly realized t...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
February 26, 12:38am

Updates
Great updates to the thread on the Anjan! Thanks for the photos. Ever since I saw Charles' packgoats on 24hourcampfire I've been in love with the idea. Tried convincing the wife we des...

February 25, 7:23pm

Recommendation
I appreciate the recommendations, folks! I'll check out the NeoAir and REI pads. And yeah, the 20" just doesn't hack it for comfortable sleeping. They are fine for backpacking b...

In GEAR » Comfortable sleeping pads?
February 25, 7:14pm

Comfortable sleeping pads?
I'd love to hear thoughts or suggestions on comfortable sleeping pads. To start off with, it doesn't have to meet ultralight requirements, this is more for family/ car camping. When I go b...

In GEAR » Comfortable sleeping pads?
February 25, 2:01pm

Re: Re: TT Moment
"I love the Moment design, although in my experience it proved to be a condensation generating machine so not surprised by the additional warmth comment. However, this thread was started as...

February 11, 12:42pm

Re: Soulo in wet, heavy snow Feb 2012
Great photos of the Soulo, Stuart! Thanks for posting them. I know the back deck may not be the wildest environment a Hilleberg has tackled, but the deep snow load is impressive all the same. :)

February 10, 11:00pm

Re: One Hillie to rule them all
Stephen, thanks for the link to the Kaitum review. I'll give that a peek. Stuart, the Saitaris is very nice for headroom. But if someone were going for pure usable space, I think the Keron...

February 10, 6:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.