BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 91 - 100 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: EXCLUSIVE! Race Report: 2009 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
Nice report! Looks like fun. Well, not entirely fun, but maybe partly fun. The shot of Chris' tendonitis afflicted ankle looks a lot like the beginning stages of trench foot to me.

In Editor's Roundtable » EXCLUSIVE! Race Report: 2009 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
August 12, 9:00am

Rae Lakes Loop in a Day / GG Lightrek Poles / Nathan Packs
This thread is a few months old, but I figured I'd revive it as I just finished the Rae Lakes Loop in a day this last Saturday. 16 hours 21 minutes starting and ending at Roads End. Not super...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rae Lakes Loop in a day.
August 04, 5:33pm

Re: Rae Lakes Loop solo in Sept.
Yeah, I agree with Sid. Every time I've done this route, the weather has been fantastic. In fact, if I were to guess, I would say there is a better than 50% chance you could do the whole trip...

In GEAR » Rae Lakes Loop solo in Sept.
July 22, 12:35pm

Re: Running packs
As far as I know, the Nathan packs are the closest thing out there to a "secure vest". The broad shoulder straps (which are sort of vest-like) include small storage pockets in the front,...

In GEAR » Running Pack?!?
July 21, 6:55pm

Running Packs
Check out Nathan brand packs. I've got both a Golite Rush and a Nathan HPL #020 race vest (which holds a couple liters of water), and the Nathan is MUCH better for running. Nathan also makes ...

In GEAR » Running Pack?!?
July 21, 11:59am

GG Lightrek 4 w/ straps -- and great customer service
I just received my Lightrek 4's with straps yesterday. In addition to the amazing light weight, I was surprised at how refined they feel and look. Sort of like a Ferrari vs. a Ford. I was in...

In GEAR » GG Lightrek 4 with straps!
July 16, 3:28pm

Trail Runners Fit -- Brooks
I've got the same model Brooks Cascadia 4 that you've pictured above. It's a great shoe. Reasonably light and very responsive. It also breathes really well. The only downside is tha...

In GEAR » Trail Runners for Backpacking - Fit (New Balance MT700)
July 16, 12:16pm

Trench Foot
I got trench foot while hiking along the PCT in Washington about 10 years back. I can't remember if I started the day with totally dry shoes and socks, but my feet had at least dried out the n...

In GEAR » Managing wet feet
July 02, 10:41am

Re: Lighttrek 4's vs Ti Goat adjustables
I spoke with Grant from GG at the PCT Kick-Off a couple months ago and he told me that the new straps they are planning to offer as an option with the Lightrek 4's are going to attach with an e...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lighttrek 4's vs Ti Goat adjustables
June 04, 9:38am

Re: Re: Mesh Pocket Elastic
"pleating the mesh isn't necesary if you use a stretch lycra mesh right? the stuff I just got in the mail . . . " Not to get too off topic, but where did you get the stretch mesh, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Size of Backpack Mesh Pocket
June 04, 9:18am

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am