BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 91 - 100 of 365 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: narrow sleeping area?
Nigel, Everything is a tradeoff and there's no such thing as a perfect shelter. Not to be rude but the Notch is what it is and it's probably not the right shelter for you. -H

In Gear Deals » Tarptent Notch
February 23, 7:05am

Re: Re: Tarptent Notch Solid Inner
> I assume the ordering online will be like for the Scarp you can buy mesh / solid / both inners? Yes. > what is happening at the ends obscured in the photo? Are the ends solid, mesh or...

February 22, 8:15pm

Re: Tarptent Notch Solid Inner
Yes, shipping by mid March. Actual weight difference is/will be just about 1 ounce/30g. This sample interior weight is skewed because we used standard 1-ounce mesh not the 0.7-mesh we will use fo...

February 22, 6:31pm

Re: Re: with you on large footprint
DK, For comparison sake, I did some quick model comparisons and the LH Duo, if you include the stake point distances from canopy edges, has exactly the same footprint as the SS2. I'll leave...

In GEAR » Turned off by large foot print of shelters
February 08, 12:53pm

Re: Why not use a PU coated floor?
>I don't own any shelters with a silnylon floor, but my understanding is that they aren't very waterproof, a groundsheet is usually required to protect against punctures, and they are sl...

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
January 11, 4:44pm

Re: Drawbacks
> 1) No inner pockets. Some people will miss these but it does save weight & cost. I'd prefer two. I was never entirely happy with pocket placement or function down low so I opted for...

January 10, 7:34pm

Re: solid inner?
Don't know yet, honestly. It's an easy thing to do but I'm trying to give my sewers some time to absorb all the new models before throwing even more stuff at them. Feel free to check...

January 10, 1:41pm

Re: Franco
Franco is still upside down and asleep so I'll answer for him. Those extra pullouts are intended for snow load and high winds. They are not needed just to keep the fly off the mesh. If you wa...

January 10, 12:11pm

Re: Tarptent Notch
Here's a mockup of what I'm thinking/planning for the Notch partially solid optional interior. . That would stop all wind/splash at sleeping level but still allow venting and views fo...

January 10, 10:13am

Re: good so its got the angles right
> The other issue, I think for all/most of the Tarptents is the insulation effect of mesh inner. My immediate need is to solve a "too warm" issue and condensation issue of a tent which...

January 09, 10:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm