BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 891 - 900 of 1102 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...111

Forum » Thread

Pillow with a NeoAir
Monty - Thanks for the advice, I'll have to give the BPL pillow a try. I don't have enough spare clothing to make a stuff sack pillow that is high enough for the NeoAir. Wasn't a p...

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
May 06, 1:42am

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad Review
Interesting review although a bit harsh in my opinion. I have always found that the sideways roll that you get from the air pads that have the tubes running lengthwise has made me shy away fro...

In Editor's Roundtable » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad Review
May 06, 1:13am

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
Your legs won't "fall off" the end of a 48" pad. The pad compresses nicely where your legs extent past the end of the pad and it makes a nice transition to the bum pad that I us...

May 03, 5:10pm

West Coast Trail Gear Questions
Make sure you add gators and trekking poles to your list. These should be considered mandatory regardless of your footwear choice. The gators are required for the mud and sand and the poles are r...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
May 01, 10:20am

Pack Suggestions
Buying your pack last is the most obvious bit of advice you will get here but if you are happy with the weight and volume of your gear then I would say the Vapor Trail is a good choice. That sai...

In GEAR » Pack Suggestions
April 30, 12:07pm

Granite Gear Hipbelt Pockets
Brad - The hipbelt pocket worked fine for my camera but I have a habit of swinging my pack off and dropping it upright on the ground (and rocks). I found my camera was taking a beating (I just...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Hipbelt Pockets
April 30, 1:39am

Granite Gear Hipbelt Pockets
I have Granite Gear's hip belt and shoulder strap pockets. I tried the hip belt pocket for my camera but didn't like it (prefer the camera in the pocket in my cargo pants). I occasion...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Hipbelt Pockets
April 29, 12:43am

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
Fog driven by gale force winds that rose up in the middle of the night gave me a good opportunity to test my NeoAir on the trail this past weekend. My Lunar Solo turned into a wind tunnel and I ha...

April 27, 1:04am

Montbell Vest Sizing
I have an XL Thermawrap jacket that fits me well and an XL down inner vest that is huge on me. I can wear the down vest over the Thermawrap and it's still not tight. I'm 6 ft. 195 lbs.

In GEAR » Montbell Vest Sizing
April 24, 1:52am

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
Ray, great idea. The picture comparison really helps. My NeoAir (short) arrived yesterday so I thought I'd keep your idea going and add a couple of different pads as well. I'm looking ...

April 23, 1:36am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm