BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 891 - 900 of 1094 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...110

Forum » Thread

Montbell Vest Sizing
I have an XL Thermawrap jacket that fits me well and an XL down inner vest that is huge on me. I can wear the down vest over the Thermawrap and it's still not tight. I'm 6 ft. 195 lbs.

In GEAR » Montbell Vest Sizing
April 24, 1:52am

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
Ray, great idea. The picture comparison really helps. My NeoAir (short) arrived yesterday so I thought I'd keep your idea going and add a couple of different pads as well. I'm looking ...

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
April 23, 1:36am

Fording Footwear
Sprint Nylon Mesh Shoes are light and cheap. Mine way 1.8 oz for the pair (size Large).

In GEAR » Fording Footwear
April 22, 1:15am

Fuel Consumption Calc. Spreadsheet
Colin - You didn't mention the fuel/stove you will be using. Altitude, water temp and weather will be a factor. That said, I don't have a spreadsheet but for my canister stove I use t...

In GEAR » Fuel Consumption Calc. Spreadsheet
April 20, 11:49pm

eTrex H
I agree with Roger, the Etrex H would be the answer if you are looking for a non-mapping GPS. My Etrex Hcx works very well and it uses the same receiver as the Etrex H (but adds mapping and othe...

In GEAR » Newbie for GPS--maybe eTrex H?
April 20, 9:51pm

What do you use to start your fire/stove?
Built in Piezo igniter. I carry waterproof matches as a backup.

In GEAR » What do you use to start your fire/stove?
April 20, 9:23pm

rain pant suggestions
If you wanted to try something a little different you could try these . I've used these after being disappointed in the breathability of Gortex pants. These pants are vented at the top a...

In GEAR » rain pant suggestions
April 19, 2:00pm

AAA MP3 Player that isn't junk?
<< "Junk" is subjective...>> I should have explained my comment. I only use my MP3 player when I need to block out some of the annoying sounds that can be heard in the gre...

In GEAR » AAA MP3 Player that isn't junk?
April 19, 12:49am

AAA MP3 Player that isn't junk...
I have the Sansa e140 (1Gb) and M250 (2Gb). They both take a single AAA battery. "Junk" is subjective... Looks like you can still get the M250 from here

In GEAR » AAA MP3 Player that isn't junk?
April 18, 11:53pm

Seam sealing...
I had my Lunar Solo seam sealed by SMD and have no complaints. I bought it in winter and there was no way I could expect to get 24 hours without rain in my area so I was happy that SMD offered the...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs. Lunar Duo
April 13, 10:03am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm