BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 891 - 900 of 1110 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...111

Forum » Thread

Free standing tent for the Tall?
I've been seriously looking at the Big Agnes Copper Spur and since the length is the same as my BA Seedhouse, I expect it to have a fair bit of usable length. I'm able to store small items...

In GEAR » Free standing tent for the Tall?
May 16, 1:13am

GTX Paclite w/ pit zips
I picked up a Montbell Peak Shell recently (from Montbell) and they did say they are no longer making it. I asked them what would be a comparable replacement and they told me they didn't have ...

In GEAR » GTX Paclite w/ pit zips
May 16, 12:58am

West Coast Trail Gear Questions
The Juan de Fuca Marine Trail is also open all year, unlike the WCT which closes down for half the year (unless you want to swim instead of taking a ferry). No ladders or cable cars on the JDF, ho...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
May 10, 9:09pm

water filter....
Jim - The drink safe systems eliminator sounds like a good system. I see you can back flush it from a tap but can you clean it in the field? The sediment filter is removable but I'm wonde...

In GEAR » Water filtration/hydration system??
May 10, 8:43pm

Bears: What to do with the clothes you cook in
I don't really have extra clothes with me to change into (that pesky obsession with carrying extra weight) so it just becomes a case of mitigating risk. I think the most important thing to do ...

In GEAR » Bears: What to do with the clothes you cook in
May 09, 9:31pm

How do vests fit into your 3 season layering system
I carry a MB UL Down Vest (5.8 oz for an XL) and generally wear it over my Thermowrap. I previously carried a fleece sweater that weighed 11 oz but replaced it with the down vest and a windshirt (...

In GEAR » How do vests fit into your 3 season layering system
May 07, 7:27pm

Sleeping Pad Recommendations
Aaron - If you don't mind carrying up to a pound you might want to try the Thermarest Prolite Plus Short. I have the older version of this pad (the Prolite 4) and I think it's a great pa...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Recommendations
May 07, 12:46am

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad Review
You got me curious so I had to blow them up... The NeoAir and the BA Insulated Air Core measured the same at 19.25" wide (I didn't include the flat seams of either mat). My Prolite 4 m...

In Editor's Roundtable » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad Review
May 06, 7:43pm

Pillow with a NeoAir
Monty - Thanks for the advice, I'll have to give the BPL pillow a try. I don't have enough spare clothing to make a stuff sack pillow that is high enough for the NeoAir. Wasn't a p...

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
May 06, 1:42am

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad Review
Interesting review although a bit harsh in my opinion. I have always found that the sideways roll that you get from the air pads that have the tubes running lengthwise has made me shy away fro...

In Editor's Roundtable » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad Review
May 06, 1:13am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm