Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 891 - 900 of 916 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

fly fishing rod
I am looking to buy a fly fishing rod for the first time. I am looking at the cabelas stowaway and the flylite mini fishing rod Any suggestions for other gear and rods I am just starting out ...

In GEAR » fly fishing rod
October 13, 5:33pm

Re: Re: Re: With all due respect
sorry for the miscommunication. I would never cover up a wound with duct tape I would make thin wound clousure strips. and have never use aqua mira to treat a wound I have only heard It could be ...

In Gear Lists » SUL gearlist
October 09, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Wash the stink out
I havent done this but my father did it every day on the philmont trail First you bring with you a 2gallon ziplock bag 1. you fill the bag up a quarter of the way with water and squirt in a...

In Chaff » Wash the stink out
October 09, 7:27am

Re: With all due respect
First of all I have other things I would use first and save duct tape for a desperate situation, andmostly just use it as a replacement for moleskin. and second you trust aquamira to be not poisonu...

October 09, 7:16am

Re: What I see missing
all the things you mentioned were things I now remember I forgot to write, I use a cheap pair of fleece glove liners from old navy(.9oz)Bozeman mountain works hi-vis tent stakes(1.5oz) I dont need ...

In Gear Lists » my SuperUltralight gearlist
October 09, 7:10am

my SuperUltralight gearlist
My thread I posted a few days ago turned into a firstaid forum so I wanted to post it again and ask for improvement suggestions Tis is what I take on a three season backpacking for up to 4 day...

In Gear Lists » my SuperUltralight gearlist
October 08, 4:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best bag for the weight
The sleeplight looks like a nice bag but costs a fortune. If I was going to buy a top bag like this I would look into the Rab quantum top bag. You would probably sleep better at night using a down ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag of Choice
October 08, 8:57am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my first aid gear list
wow alot of valuble info, this convinced me to put a tube of superglue into my first aid kit

October 07, 2:58pm

Re: Re: ultralight cook kit
what I did to keep the pot from getting crushed was load up small items like a fleece hat and gloves and after some practice found a way to put my stove lighter fuel bottle and windscreen into the...

In GEAR » ultralight cook kit
October 07, 12:55pm

Re: Outdoor Career
Environmental law is a good idea. law has always interested me, I had never thought of that, and it may be something for me to look into thanks Rich

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carrers in the outdoors
October 06, 8:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm