Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 891 - 900 of 912 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

Mid net
I could be getting two mids this year - a Duo for personal use and a larger one for family use. I would have preferred to see a smaller and lighter one person net for the Duo and a larger net for u...

In GEAR » MLD DuoMid / SuperMid Insert
May 28, 7:30pm

Debates
In an ideal world all those (on both sides of the "debate")who want to could just get down on all fours and type away on gun issues in the chaff section. Unfortunately based on my own exp...

In Chaff » Guns in parks?.... maybe soon!
May 22, 4:48pm

New Zealand conditions
"IMO Kiwis seem to talk up how crazy, unpredictable, deadly, whatever, their weather is, but it's really not _that_ different from anywhere else. If you've got a good head on your sold...

In Gear Lists » need New Zealand-specific sleeping bag advice
May 16, 5:05pm

Burning nore calories - recent research findings
"Using poles does help with uphill battles, but they also make you burn more energy over all." Interestingly recent research from both Oklahoma State University and University of Massa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do hiking poles build upper body muscle?
May 15, 6:09pm

NZ sleeping bags
http://cliflo.niwa.co.nz/ will give you some detailed temp data that you may help. My gut feel is that you will be absolutely fine temp wise. In terms of keeping your bags dry sea to summit mak...

In Gear Lists » need New Zealand-specific sleeping bag advice
May 15, 5:49pm

Nelson Lakes
Firstly, let me say that I am not experienced in snow/mountaineering. You should be able to find some good info here though. I also vaguely remember a book being written on light-weight alpinism. A...

In GEAR » Lightweight Gear for NZ conditions
May 05, 2:49am

NZ UL
Hi Adrian, I am sure that you can safely reduce pack weight. However, camping out right on the tops in the Tararua ranges in a tarp may be a bridge too far:) I am also Wellington based.

May 04, 7:36pm

NZ UL
Hi Adrian, You've got some great information here. In my limited UL experience I have found the core of the UL philosophy to be transferable to NZ, but you will have to make a few adjustment...

May 04, 3:48pm

aarn
The aarn packs look interesting. The only time, however, I have carried anything in a front pouch (camera) I found over- heating a huge problem.

In Philosophy & Technique » Discussion on Pack theory, poles, and shoes
April 21, 12:42am

breeks
Over a quarter of a century ago I had two superb breeks made by Rohan. One was made of a light poly cotton for summer use. It as the other, however, that really excelled. It was made from what woul...

In GEAR » pant to gaiter to shoe...
April 06, 1:09am

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am