BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 891 - 900 of 909 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Forum » Thread

how 'bout a sarong
in indonesia i saw everyone rolling up their stuff in a sarong, then twisting it to enclose their stuff, then slinging around thier shoulder tied into a knot in front with the loose ends - a quick ...

In GEAR » Tiny day pack
February 07, 11:11pm

one thing right away
as long as it's getting worse, rest only, no stretching maybe a heel lift or shoes with more heel support look into a night splint - there is a soft splint that I found easier to sleep with -...

In GEAR » Help Plantar faciitis!!!
February 06, 7:58pm

have had it a lot
and it sucks what changed in your life over last 6 months? good website ref: http://heelspurs.com/index.html

In GEAR » Help Plantar faciitis!!!
February 06, 7:31pm

sun shade
I use a thin sun shade under my legs with a torso length gossamer gear pad if the ground is cold - really helps a lot. it weights 1.75 ounces on my digital.

In GEAR » Winter Ground Covering
January 14, 7:47pm

light crampons
i have a pair of the camp xcl 370 crampons - they are very nice for when you really need stability on ice and fit pretty much any kind of boot (easy on/off/adjust too) 370grams is not ultralight...

In GEAR » Non crampon ice traction (stabilicers, etc)
November 10, 2:51pm

i have used mountain laurel designs
I have one of their bivies, one of their bug bivies and one of their tarps. well-made, quick shipment, extra material for repairs thrown in, free stuffsack/tarp cord thrown in, etc. very ligh...

In GEAR » mountainlaureldesigns
May 03, 4:44pm

I went with aquastar instead
www.uvaquastar.com cheaper, lighter and easier to use (built in 1l bottle cap) 2 type 123 photo batteries supposed to be good for 70 liters (or 70 treatments - depending on water temp/quality...

In GEAR » steri pen by hydro-photon
April 29, 12:48am

Just got an aquastar
I'll be using it primarily for a while, so I'll try to post feedback. I was using chlorine tabs, but they either didn't work well recently, or the chlorine was still active and killed good bacte...

In GEAR » Best Potable Water
April 28, 4:35pm

I also like my #5 down hugger
And have found it to be surprisingly warm and comfortable for it's weight and lack of zippers. Not sure how they came up with those temp ranges either - for me it seems more like approximately 3...

In GEAR » Ultralight sleeping bag
April 22, 9:59am

love the bronner's
been in my pack for about 10 years now, and used it before that when I traveled/lived in Asia. I usually get the eucalyptus flavor (refreshing), but I also like the peppermint - will have to try t...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap
April 20, 10:59pm

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm