BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 891 - 900 of 1327 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Golite Ultra Ultra 20
Just in case anybody wondering what happened with this thread, I just finished making Huzefa his quilt. 2.5 oz Climashield with Momentium with a fit just for him. I cut everything I could out...

In GEAR » anything more compressible then WM summerlite?
January 28, 9:21pm

Re: Young and Reckless
I accidentally started a fire to a 50 acre field of Wheat. I used my entire body to try to put the fire out and still don't know how I very luckily put it out. It burned about 10' x 2...

In Chaff » What's the penalty for the worst thing you've ever done but were not caught?
January 28, 7:05pm

Re: Snowshoe Trip
Hey Michael. I think just meeting in the Lodge and getting together and having a gear ditching, (I now don't need this or that) party before we head off will work. Well you guys wanted a wi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winter trip suggestions around within 4 hrs of bay area
January 28, 6:54pm

Re: Lightest Fishing Kit
I would say Noodleing would be the lightest.

In Fishing » Lightest Fishing Kit
January 26, 9:11pm

Re: Re: Ti/Carbon Ice Axe - Revision 3
Steven, Aluminum??? Why? I love Titanium. If you make/buy something you aren't happy with you'll just end up making/buying what you wanted in the 1st place later. 3.3 ounces sounds...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Walking Axe
January 24, 10:56pm

Re: Back to the Future-oops-Super Ultra Light
Hey Jeremy, I did this for the JMT and it worked, 212 miles. Although if you have to stop at night it gets mighty cold...

In Multiple Use Gear » Back to the Future-oops-Super Ultra Light
January 24, 10:28pm

Re: Why Are We Even Still Here?
Oh Bill, I have been whining and crying about this for years now and emailed and vented through Ryan sooooooo many times to have a SUL and Lighter page here. There is no way I can be on Ryan&...

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 24, 4:47pm

Re: Snowshoe Trip
Hey Alan, Changing things now wouldn't really work since everything is trying to be set in stone for as long as possible so there are no new loops thrown in. You should maybe get a trip coo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winter trip suggestions around within 4 hrs of bay area
January 24, 3:48pm

Re: Why Are We Even Still Here?
Bill, You are correct. It Eecks me too. I have pretty much looked at every single forum coversation for the past 4 years. There are a few clasics out there that I have no idea where they...

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 24, 3:18pm

Re: Ti/Carbon Ice Axe - Revision 3
Hey Steven, I hate to say this, but. I would rather have the 3 oz version. The current strength, or least changing it to the ferrule Paul described is good enough for me. Adding 50% of th...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Walking Axe
January 24, 3:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm