BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.hikelighter.com
About Me I live in the Redwoods of Northern California. It rains here, a lot, often going 30+ days without it stopping. I love it!

I have migrated from a 35 pound BPW setup to a winter time setup of under 7 pounds, a shoulder season setup of under 5 pounds and a summer time setup of under two pounds. Check out my website http://www.hikelighter.com/ for my gear list and reading my articles, and my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HikeLighter for videos on SUL and XUL gear and whatnot.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikelighter.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 891 - 900 of 1183 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: FS: Custom Neoair. Large trimmed to 38"
Hey, So what did you think of that 48" neoair? You were/are right that the 38 inch is just way to short. A person would need to be right at 5 foot tall to make this work - or awesome for...

In Gear Swap » FS: Custom Neoair. Large trimmed to 38"
September 26, 3:20pm

Re: Re: FS: Nunatak Torre Parka
Winter is coming.... this is still for sale!!

In Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Torre Parka
September 26, 3:15pm

Re: FS: Montbell Dynamo Wind Shirt
Sold

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Dynamo Wind Shirt
September 26, 3:13pm

Re: FS: Warbonnet Tarp, Insultex Insulation, Warbonnet winter underquilt etc
By any chance is the Big Mamba in SpinnUL?? If so... VERY interested!!

In Gear Swap » FS: Warbonnet Tarp, Insultex Insulation, Warbonnet winter underquilt etc
September 23, 11:02am

Re: Re: Re: LW Rain Jacket
@Samuel, John, I have also been looking at Zpacks cuben fiber rain jacket. Why did you opt for the full rain jacket with sleeves? Would love to hear your initial thoughts on the jacket/review as...

In GEAR » LW Rain Jacket
September 21, 6:22pm

Re: LW Rain Jacket
Until I bought my ZPacks Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket (full arm length) I used the Helium. It very much rocks. The only negative about it is the lack of pit-zips. If the Helium had pit-zips I would prob...

In GEAR » LW Rain Jacket
September 21, 2:09pm

Re: Seeking advice on shelters made with metalized, reflective cuben fiber material
I have sent at least four message to Lawson Kline trying to find out information about this stuff and have never received a single reply from him - and he is the only person out there who seems to ...

In GEAR » Seeking advice on shelters made with metalized, reflective cuben fiber material
September 21, 11:23am

Re: Re: XUL Tarp Cord
@Bryce, Looks like the cord at ULD would be the identical weight per foot (0.0118) as the cord I am using now. And very much agree that the cord that Joe sells is amazing at not getting all k...

In GEAR » XUL Tarp Cord
September 21, 11:14am

Re: Re: Re: Re: XUL Tarp Cord
@Troy/Ultra, I clearly specified this as a XUL post... so if we could please keep the semantics of hair and toe nails and body fat out of this post that would be helpful both to myself and other...

In GEAR » XUL Tarp Cord
September 21, 10:03am

Re: Re: XUL Tarp Cord
Hey John, Thanks for the heads-up on that stuff. The cord I am using now seems to be .011 ounces per foot. The Oware website indicates the 1mm is .0089 ounces per foot. So at 21 feet (7...

In GEAR » XUL Tarp Cord
September 21, 9:44am

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm