Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 891 - 900 of 1418 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: Inov-8 Shoe Choices and Favorites?
The Inov-8 X-Talon 212 are my all time favorite trail shoe. Well over 750 miles with them in 2011. Not recommended for your first trail shoe though. I went from boot to Brooks Cascadia 5 to the Ino...

In GEAR » Inov-8 Shoe Choices and Favorites?
February 17, 7:01pm

Re: Re: Abela-Mini test results
Okie, I was totally and completely unable to get a full size Zelph Ridgeline Pot to come to a boil - I could not even get shrimp eyes. This was on a single cube with a Suluk46 Ti Windscreen. ...

In Gear Swap » Zia titanium pot supports for sale
February 16, 8:13pm

Re: Abela-Mini test results
Yeah, got really close though!! 4.16 grams *is* something to write home about after all!! I think if I were to not use ebsit and instead to a candle stove I could probably cut off just enough o...

February 16, 7:16pm

Re: Zia pot support--Mini version
Hey Gary, The Abela-Mini arrived today. I calibrated my gram scale and put your stove on my scale: Using the metal connectors it comes out to 4.16 grams Three Ti rod pieces: 3.76 grams...

February 16, 3:54pm

Re: What headphones do you use?
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone

In GEAR » What headphones do you use?
February 16, 12:43pm

Re: Silnylon Hadron
I've also been saving up for a BRG vest You and me both!!

In GEAR » Black Rock Gear "HadronS" - a new waterproof version of their Hadron!!
February 16, 10:50am

Black Rock Gear "HadronS" - a new waterproof version of their Hadron!!
Hey All, Black Rock Gear just released a brand new version of their hat called the "HadronS" over at TiGoat. http://www.titaniumgoat.com/HadronS.html It appears to be using some ...

In GEAR » Black Rock Gear "HadronS" - a new waterproof version of their Hadron!!
February 15, 6:55pm

Re: Retraction: Second NeoAir XLite holds air!
I just used my new XLite last night for the first time and it held air for two hours at a time - max. I inflated it and let it sit in my shelter for about an hour, when I got in to go to bed I h...

In GEAR » Retraction: Second NeoAir XLite holds air!
February 15, 6:12pm

Re: _
@James: What are good online sources for Inov-8 shoes in the US? Nobody near me carries them. I got my first pair of Inov-8 X-Talon 212 from RunningWarehouse.Com and my second pair from Amazon.C...

In GEAR » Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
February 13, 10:21am

Re: FS: Bearikade Expedition Bear Canister
Hey Andrew, Guessing you used this on the PCT (??) If so how did you find it worked out in regards to holding enough food for you? Was it just you that you were packing for or were you car...

In Gear Swap » FS: Bearikade Expedition Bear Canister
February 11, 5:25pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Klymit Static V Luxe
Review of the Klymit Static V Luxe inflatable sleeping pad. My overall rating is a four (4) out of five (5). The one star reduction ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 03, 6:44am

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm