BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 891 - 900 of 1297 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...130

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Solo Tent Feedback Request
@Nick: if a zpacks hexamid plus inner is considered a tent, what other system would be lighter AND offer equal or more bug and rain protection? I am a huge fan of the ZPacks hexamid Solo setup (...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 21, 3:00am

Re: FS: WM Apache 15 degree 6' Left Zip NEW
why oh why are you posting this so close to christmas when I do not have any money - lol

In Gear Swap » FS: WM Apache 15 degree 6' Left Zip NEW
December 20, 9:31pm

Re: Re: Feel
@Clint: 1.4lbs per day is a little light when considering consecutive days a thru-hiker puts in. The appetite increase dramatically, 2 to 2.5 lbs of food a day could be consumed and certain individ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and thru-hikes
December 20, 8:54pm

Re: Custom Zpacks Zero - Finally Got the Perfect SUL Pack
Just thought I would jump in on this thread. For the better part of the 2011 hiking season I have been using a ZPacks Zero. My configuration is Cuben Fiber (1.26 sqyd) X-Small, Sternum Strap,...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Custom Zpacks Zero - Finally Got the Perfect SUL Pack
December 20, 8:38pm

Re: Bivvy bag VS waterproof sleeping bag
Like so many others have asked in times past... why would you consider a bivy? What exactly do you believe a bivy was originally designed for? Why do you believe that bivys should be used by ground...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Bivvy bag VS waterproof sleeping bag
December 20, 8:17pm

Re: Re: Solo Tent Feedback Request
Hello, I believe that many hikers just feel that a tent is the way it is suppose to be. Especially those who have not yet found the light that is lightweight backpacking. For many people who are...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 20, 8:04pm

Re: Re: Only 5 More Days ;-)
For me it is a pair of Feathered Friends Down Booties.

In GEAR » Murmur Christmas Present (Damm it
December 20, 3:28pm

Re: Zpacks 20 degree bag and Katabatic Alsek quilt (owners please)
The ZPacks bags/quilts have not been around very long (as in, just a few months) so you are not going to find a lot of information on them. Just the way that works. The ZPacks sleeping bags are ...

In GEAR » Zpacks 20 degree bag and Katabatic Alsek quilt (owners please)
December 17, 10:34pm

PCT: Tent or Tarp
Hello, First I would like to recommend to you that you consider joining the pct-l mailing list. It is *the* place (online place) to be apart of for the PCT. Truly amazing group of people there t...

In GEAR » PCT: Tent or Tarp
December 16, 6:39pm

Re: Bump
The R1 and Nano puff seem to be very well reviewed by ULers--are the prices unreasonable? Yeah that price on that R1 is rocking sweet. It just happens to be that anybody looking to get one ri...

In Gear Swap » FS: New (with tags) Patagonia Nano Puff and R1 pullovers!
December 13, 11:25pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm