Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 891 - 900 of 1392 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...140

Forum » Thread

Re: ***FS MONT-BELL UL DOWN PANTS - TWO PAIR ***
Ken, If these are the 2010 versions than I am guessing they are using 15 denier as they just went back to the 20-d for 2012, which is rather disappointing. Can you confirm this on your end?

In Gear Swap » ***FS MONT-BELL UL DOWN PANTS - TWO PAIR ***
January 26, 10:50am

Re: Pants
Hello, The pants fit just a bit baggy, like they should, being a hard shell layer. I am not really sure if they would fit you at 6'3 though. At 6 feet they feet me just about perfect in l...

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot PreCip Full-Zip Pants
January 24, 8:55am

ZPacks Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket / Vapor Barrier Jacket
Sill for sale. See this product Very likely the lightest rain jacket that is out there!!

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket / Vapor Barrier Jacket
January 24, 6:07am

Re: Re: Re: Re: FS HMG Porter Pack Size Small
ah, that was nice of you!! I was mostly trying to have some fun as every time I go hiking with _P she spends about 15 minutes trying to decide which backpack she should use LOL. But still, very nic...

In Gear Swap » FS HMG Porter Pack Size Small
January 24, 6:05am

FS: Marmot PreCip Full-Zip Pants
Pants are still for sale :)

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot PreCip Full-Zip Pants
January 24, 6:04am

Re: Hammock Setup
I haven't seen any mention of a hammock setup. Nor will you within my article or spreadsheet. Back in late 2010 I put together this which is pretty much the only production hammock system...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL/XUL Enclosed Shelter Comparisons
January 21, 11:44am

Re: Re: FS HMG Porter Pack Size Small
+1 on being all over this if it was not a small. Stephan, you should send this out to Kat P to try out. It would likely fit her really well and she is always having problems deciding what backpa...

In Gear Swap » FS HMG Porter Pack Size Small
January 20, 4:19am

Re: CF TrailStar
Hey Doug, What did the weight on yours end up being?? I would love to see some day-light photos of you laying down underneath it so we can get an idea of the room/protection that it provides!...

In Chaff » Mike Reid - nyah nyah nyah....
January 20, 12:18am

ouch
So realistically the average hiker (excluding the long distance hiker who happens to be using a canister system, which is getting rare these days) could likely go a season or two and never even beg...

In GEAR » Refilling Gas Canisters
January 20, 12:07am

Re: Re: url
Thanks!! btw, I posted on your blog a quick thought. hit me after I posted... what about being able to transfer from one of those big 500g canisters down into one of the smaller 100g canisters. T...

In GEAR » Refilling Gas Canisters
January 19, 11:57pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm