Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 891 - 900 of 1440 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...144

Forum » Thread

Re: Most efficient stove/pot combo that doesn't explode
MSR Reactor baby!!! Oh, oh, wait... that's a bit over 7 ounces... ok, my bad... lolol

In GEAR » Most efficient stove/pot combo that doesn't explode
February 25, 1:36am

Re: Jetboil hellfire
hey hamster, let me just throw this out to you... I have had three of these darn things (sol ti) so far and this single one is the only one that has ever given me any problems. My first one got ...

In GEAR » Orange thingy on JB sol ti
February 25, 1:08am

Re: Re: Re: "Orange thingy on JB sol ti"
lolol. just watched your video... I am laughing with pain in my side from laughing so hard because I have done that myself Nigel. Man did I learn quickly to never do that again. lolol (plus, tec...

February 25, 12:22am

Re: "Orange thingy on JB sol ti"
We are getting waaay off-topic from the "orange thingy" but what the heck, this is BPL after all lol. @Chad, Yeah the vast majority of the pots I have seen that are Ti pots end up...

February 24, 11:16pm

Re: Re: Re: "Orange thingy on JB sol ti"
Hey Chris/Phillip, Sigh, that is one of those questions that scares me. Honestly, I mean that. The words "sigh" and "scare" are one and the same on this question, because I h...

February 24, 7:03pm

Re: Re: "Orange thingy on JB sol ti"
Thanks guys! @Chris, It is possible to get it right at the 6.9 - 7.4 ounce mark depending on how aggressive you get with whacking stuff off. Probably safe to round it off at 7 ounces. Comp...

February 24, 3:39pm

Re: I take it the starter doesn't work anymore
Totally and completely still usable. You just pull the wire pin, and the stove part itself has two pieces that pull apart and the stupid heavy orange thing comes right off (you have to slightly ...

February 23, 11:52pm

Re: Orange thingy on JB sol ti
I did.

February 23, 11:29pm

Re: hexamid pitched to the ground?
Hey Emily, Expect to get some serious condensation inside if you pitch it all the way to the ground - just as you would any other shelter when done so. I have only suffered major condensation in...

In GEAR » hexamid pitched to the ground?
February 23, 6:30pm

Re: Re: Inov-8 Bare-Grip 200
Zero-drop non mid sole... not for me. I will stick with the Inov-8 X-Talon 212. Nearly a 1000 miles of use with them so far - and I will blow past the 1000 mile mark in March of this year. I switch...

In GEAR » Inov-8 Bare-Grip 200
February 23, 2:47am

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Klymit Static V Luxe
Review of the Klymit Static V Luxe inflatable sleeping pad. My overall rating is a four (4) out of five (5). The one star reduction ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 03, 6:44am

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm