Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 891 - 900 of 1357 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...136

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Waterproof/Breathable Sleeping Bags
Got the Marmot Helium MemBrain (the updated EQ version) Also have the WM Gore Windstopper Series Added the Exped Waterbloc series

In GEAR » Waterproof/Breathable Sleeping Bags
January 12, 9:43am

Re: Re: TrailLite Designs "CloudVest"
How is the development progress of this going?

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs "CloudVest"
January 12, 8:45am

Re: Re: Suluk46
Just a quick note, Steve (owner of Suluk46) emailed me early this morning. He is still down in SA and expects to be back home (Canada) by next week, late. +1 on the 1/8 x 50 pads tearing easy. I...

In GEAR » Suluk46
January 11, 9:49pm

Re: Not another shelter thread.
Jumping in a little late on this thread but I just wanted to say I tend to concur with most everybody that has posted so far. I also wanted to share an article I wrote recently called SUL/XUL Solo ...

In GEAR » Not another shelter thread.
January 11, 9:08pm

Re: Waterproof/Breathable Sleeping Bags
Hello All, I am not preparing or trying to setup anything at all. Just doing research for a future article and looking to make sure I get a good list of the WP/B sleeping bags that are on the...

January 11, 7:21pm

Waterproof/Breathable Sleeping Bags
Hello All, I am looking to compile a list of Waterproof/Breathable Sleeping Bags. I only know of three or four but it seems like there would be more of them out there than that. If you kno...

January 11, 5:28pm

Re: JetBoil Sol in Winter?
Hello, I did not get a chance to use it in really cold weather. Back in December a guy on youtube froze two canisters two days than put them onto a jetboil sol and a msr reactor. He did tw...

In GEAR » Optimal setting for JB Sol Ti
January 11, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Optimal setting for JB Sol Ti
IIRC what I did was quarter turn, light it, than full turn. Or, maybe it was quarter turn, light it, half turn. One of those two. But somewhere in that 70-75 range. (should be easy enough ...

January 11, 1:25pm

Re: Kilt Material
ok, thanks. I'll pass on it. One of you other zpacks fans should buy this!!

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning - JRB, Z-Packs, Western Mountaineering, Thermarest, Hennessy and more
January 11, 12:49pm

Re: Optimal setting for JB Sol Ti
Hello, When I was doing my testing I went through about 8 stoves of fuel to test different settings and such. What I found was that 3/4 on provided the quickest boil times with the most efficien...

January 11, 12:35pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm