Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 891 - 900 of 1313 | Page: 1 ...81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ...132

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: SUL/XUL Enclosed Shelter Comparisons
@Todd: Nice piece John! I enjoyed and appreciate the article a ton!! Excellent write-up and comparison. Thank you Todd! @jshann: The article is probably best left to SUL comparisons since i...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL/XUL Enclosed Shelter Comparisons
December 31, 7:00am

Re: We need more of this!
@Todd: Excellent article. Your work will be time (and $ saver) for me. May I suggest you "keep up the good work" and update your findings as you see fit? Thanks! Thanks Todd! Just...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL/XUL Enclosed Shelter Comparisons
December 30, 5:36pm

Re: MLD Solo InnerNet Still Available
Silnylon or Cuben Fiber floor?

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Solo InnerNet
December 30, 4:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Great article
Are actually going to be reviewing these shelters in the field or is this more a cost/ benefit comparison? Hey David, I have already written reviews on a few of the setups, some of them are p...

December 30, 12:42pm

Re: Great article
@Andy: Would using a medium GG polycryo ground cloth save just over 1/2 oz? I realize it was probably necessary to include the stuff sacks for comparison, but after the 5th night on a long thr...

December 30, 12:29pm

Re: 0.74
Photo of my 0.74oz stuff sack bottom after 2 years of use. Duct tape is covering the largest hole wow dan! I have a 0.74 stuff sack that has 1000+ miles on it from over three years and not a ...

December 29, 10:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice
I'll be sure and buy one of those shelters if I just want to have it and not sleep in it. You do that BG, excellent idea.

December 29, 10:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Nice
For how many of those 31 days was there somebody sleeping in there, and rolling around pounding the floor into the dirt, gravel, and sticks underneath? As has been well documented it would not m...

December 29, 10:08pm

Re: Nice
@Dan: Nice Job. I really like the Skyscape X. If I didn't already have a great shelter I'd be drooling over that, although the 0.74oz cuben floor (CT2K.08) might be a deal killer for me. Th...

December 29, 9:50pm

Re: Re: SUL/XUL Enclosed Shelter Comparisons
I believe the correct number of stakes is 8 for the Hexamid Solo w/o beak, and 9 stakes for the Hexamid Solo with beak. Sweet thanks for catching that! Last Joe emailed me on this matter the ...

December 29, 9:43pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm