Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 881 - 890 of 916 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: SUL Tent
Wow it is nothing special, only light. well I have been happy with my tarp/bivi combo. Ill just work to minimize that weight. cant wait for the nano poncho and bivi

In GEAR » SUL tent
October 20, 4:59pm

Re: SUL Tent
yeah I thought it might not be very durable I will check out the reveiw

In GEAR » SUL tent
October 20, 4:55pm

SUL tent
http://www.mandatorygear.com/tent2.htm I dont Know if I will buy this tent but want to know how well it works. Just in case. looks like the lightest free standing, four season, multiple person, d...

In GEAR » SUL tent
October 20, 4:45pm

Re: Ryan/Winter Gladiator Kit/ take 57
**A waterproof shelter? I mean, shouldn't it be cold enough that dry snow just sort of falls off it** In Virginia the snow is always wet so I guess You may not need the extra few ounces on the mon...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
October 20, 4:21pm

Gossamer Gear sun glasses
check thease out for ultralight sun glasses http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/Sport_Eyz.html

October 20, 4:13pm

Re: Ryan/Winter Gladiator Kit
I recomend bringing a G5 instead of a G6, using a arc alpinist instead of an arc X, bringing Coccon pants, mitts, and jacket, cooking over fires to save weight and to provide extra warmth wile arou...

October 20, 4:03pm

Re: Re: Design a "BMW Summit Pack"
I like the idea of multiple versions made from different fabrics. an idea I would like to see is to have a semi custom pack where you start with a simple pack and have the options to add extra poc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Design a "BMW Summit Pack"
October 19, 1:23pm

Re: my thoughts?
I have never used a needle but have hiked with people that used the bora. if the needle is made similarly You are getting a super durable pack My recomondations for bush wacking is to use any pac...

In GEAR » Arcteryx
October 17, 2:57pm

Re: Thermawrap or Micropuff
I too am looking for a synthetic insulator. what I have narrowed it down to is the BMW cocoon and mont bell thermawrap. I want to Know wich one will provide more warmth because all other feature...

In GEAR » Thermawrap or Micropuff
October 16, 12:28pm

Re: Bivy for Active Sleepers
Mont bell makes a waterproof/breathable bivy made from a stretch material that might work for you I have also used thier non stretch as well an equinox and they have both worked well in cool r...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bivys for Active Sleepers
October 16, 11:39am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm