BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 881 - 890 of 1023 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: Ultralight shelter for two adults and two kids
Go for the Tarptent Rainshadow 2 (typo correction--I originally had nbr 3 erroneously) -- we used it for 3 full size adults with their packs for 9 days and it works fine -- in the middle, is room f...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for two adults and two kids
February 11, 9:27pm

Re: SMD Refuge - Also anyone have Gossamear Squall Classic?
The Gossamear Squall Classic is about the same weight but looks like it might be more comfortable for two people (at least entrance into the tent is better-as one does not have to climb over the ot...

In GEAR » SMD Refuge - Anyone?
February 08, 12:29pm

Re: ULA Amigo Pro Gravity Filter
I bought one but have not had a chance to use it. How long does it take to filter a quart of water? Thanks!

In GEAR » Water Filtration Methods
February 07, 8:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Dear,Dale
My own two cents. I have seen items for sale here that make the seller a tiny profit but is still less than what I could get the same item for via ebay and I knew it ahead of time. Should not tha...

In Gear Swap » Eagle Creek Matrix Krypton Messenger Bag
January 29, 6:58pm

Re: WARNING on SPOT Sattelite
How long is the "long" waiting period (in the totally open space)?

In GEAR » WARNING on SPOT Sattelite
January 28, 10:29am

Re: Re: Battery life of steripen adventurer
I did a 15 day hike and made about 2 gallons of water a day with the Steripen Adventurer and at the resupply point, I just changed batteries and went the last 8 days just fine.

In GEAR » Steripen and Narrow Mouth 1L Platy
January 26, 4:15pm

Re: Sierra Folks- Bear Canisters
I remember reading a government web page that said the maximum fine was a 4 digit figure (either $3000 or $5000, can't remember which of the two figures it was), but I have only heard of a maxi...

In GEAR » Sierra Folks - What's your bear cannister of choice?
January 22, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Cuben Fiber 4 dual use footprint/poncho
The dual-use footprint is to serve two purposes: (1) lie beneath the tent floor in case there is rain and it is very muddy and the footprint will be used to keep the tent from being very muddy (the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber 4 dual use footprint/poncho
January 22, 8:45pm

Re: Re: Cuben Fiber 4 dual use footprint/poncho
Doug, thanks. I'll look into the weight of Spinnaker but I still need a decent pattern -- any patterns exist?

January 22, 8:52am

Cuben Fiber 4 dual use footprint/poncho
I'm thinking of buying some Cuben Fiber to make an ultralight tent footprint (I'm figuring the whole thing will weigh less than 2 ounces) that might also serve as a large poncho that could ...

January 21, 9:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm