Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 881 - 890 of 3536 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ...354

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Dear Vision
Yes, most on here use shoes that dry quickly. The problem with goretex shoes is they are a liability if they get wet - they never dry. You can totally plow through streams without taking your shoes...

In GEAR » Confused about hiking boot choices..
May 31, 1:02am

Re: Re: Dear Vision
I can tell you, with some certainty, that the footwear choice least likely to result in twisting an ankle are minimalist shoes or straight barefoot. Preconception is very undervalued. I suspect...

In GEAR » Confused about hiking boot choices..
May 31, 12:16am

Re: Plastic bottle
Micheal, I have not done it but I have seen the method used many times on youtube or survival shows. As long as it has water in it, it will not melt. The water bottle will stretch and lose it's...

In Multiple Use Gear » Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
May 30, 3:40pm

Re: Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
Yes, it works. I would not do it unless in an emergency when I needed to purify drinking water. Use the esbit to start a small campfire.

In Multiple Use Gear » Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
May 30, 11:50am

Re: Trash bag + windshirt = WPB jacket?
A good wpb jacket shouldn't wet out unless in extreme conditions. "Presumably, the DWR on a windshirt is (or could be, theoretically) no worse than the DWR on a hardshell or rain jacket...

In GEAR » Trash bag + windshirt = WPB jacket?
May 29, 11:47pm

Re: Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
My ohm has a drawstring but I just roll the excess material before sinching it down using the top strap. That seals off the top just fine.

In GEAR » Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
May 29, 11:37pm

Re: JMT Hike: Convertable Pants vs Shorts with built in liner
If you go with shorts, be very liberal about sunscreen application. You can prevent sunburn but can't really treat it out in the mountains. The sun up there is very intense and if you burn e...

In GEAR » JMT Hike: Convertable Pants vs Shorts with built in liner
May 29, 10:16pm

Re: Is a Garmin Foretrex going to do the job?
Do you have a smartphone? In my opinion, the gps device on my smartphone is better than the dedicated gps devices. And it's multi-use. You can get phone chargers that run off regular batteries ...

In GEAR » Is a Garmin Foretrex going to do the job?
May 28, 7:17pm

Re: Really?!
Alessandra, this is a free forum where people are voluntarily, without any benefit to themselves, sharing their wisdom. Yet when someone gives you information that does not exactly answer your ques...

In GEAR » Do I have any other option for a water purifier a part from the Steripen and Sawyer models?
May 28, 6:22pm

Re: Do I have any other option for a water purifier a part from the Steripen and Sawyer models?
Why do you not want chemicals? Yes, the sawyer is pretty much the standard filter now. Very light and effective. The steripen is good too, but it doesn't clean out gunk like a filter and has...

In GEAR » Do I have any other option for a water purifier a part from the Steripen and Sawyer models?
May 28, 4:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am