Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 881 - 890 of 3195 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ...320

Forum » Thread

Re: Tin Can BBQ
High Sierra fire bans rarely have anything to do with fire danger (these past couple of years have been an exception). They have to do with a lack of fuel and the ecological issue of fuel depletion...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tin Can BBQ
January 30, 3:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Updated SUL Clothing 40F
I've been there. Hypothermia can really sneak up on you. And I've found that when soaking wet it can be hard to tell how cold you really are. I now carry a powerful firestarter that I can ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Updated SUL Clothing 40F
January 30, 10:59am

Re: Re: Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
"Problem with a buff, is i can't have it over both my mouth/nose and on my head at the same time like a balaclava--in that sense i like the latter more." You can pull it up partway...

In GEAR » Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
January 29, 9:20pm

Re: Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
I use my buff as a balaclava, it's just really thin. Maybe you should consider the buff for hiking and a balaclava over the buff for extra cold or stationary... a 2 piece system... if it's ...

In GEAR » Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
January 29, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Updated SUL Clothing 40F
I don't understand the issue here. A poncho + windshirt + base layer sounds fine for hiking in the rain at temps around 40-50. I understand that extended rain with that set up would get cold an...

January 29, 5:49pm

Re: Updated SUL Clothing 40F
what kind of weather will you encounter during the day? will it be warm and sunny until its 40 degrees at night? If you will be encountering challenging weather during the day then maybe a very lig...

January 29, 11:10am

Re: Shipping Cost?
"How do you guys calculate this stuff so its a fair deal for everyone and which method is the best for shipping(USPS, UPS, FedEx)?" You just guess or average it out. Sometimes you pay ...

In Gear Swap » Shipping Cost?
January 28, 10:18am

Re: Re: Ear Plugs / Headphones
"Why would one want ear plugs in the wilderness?" Just about every other morning a bird decides to fly onto a tree above my campsite and chirp away. Also when camping with other peo...

In Multiple Use Gear » Ear Plugs / Headphones
January 27, 7:06pm

Re: The problem with bivys
My special use for a bivy would be laziness. Just crawl in and sleep.

In GEAR » Tarps vs tents vs bivys: What's your $0.02?
January 27, 6:47pm

Re: 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California

In Photo Gallery » 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 27, 11:46am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am