BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 881 - 890 of 3125 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ...313

Forum » Thread

Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
I asked for the gnar hoody and some gortex socks.

In GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
December 25, 12:18am

Re: Re: snakes
The venomous snakes around here, rattlesnakes, want nothing to do with humans and will avoid you. The question is, if a snake senses a heat source, will it know that it's a human in a sleeping...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Safety of sleeping on the ground with no critter protection
December 24, 2:01pm

Re: How can I show a video?
You can only post links to videos hosted on other sites.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » How can I show a video?
December 24, 11:56am

Re: Safety of sleeping on the ground with no critter protection
Rattlesnakes can crawl into sleeping bags when you aren't in them. This happened to my father, it was quite a surprise. So if you are in heavy critter country it's worth shaking out your ba...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Safety of sleeping on the ground with no critter protection
December 24, 11:55am

Re: Arrived.
Thanks for the info Delmar, I'm surprised to hear it's actually a windshirt. That's bad on Dick's part for mislabeling.

In Gear Deals » some Koppen things 1/2 price and free shipping at Dicks ($22 waterproof jacket)
December 24, 10:38am

Re: Two Days to hike in Big Sur 12/26, 12/27
Personally I would recommend parking at Botchers Gap, walking down the closed road past the picco blanco boy scout camp, and then exploring up the little sur river or hiking up to picco blanco moun...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Two Days to hike in Big Sur 12/26, 12/27
December 23, 11:43am

Re: Two Days to hike in Big Sur 12/26, 12/27
Whatever you do, keep in mind many of the trails are in horrid condition. I would strongly recommend at least packing pants and long sleeves. there is A LOT of poison oak.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Two Days to hike in Big Sur 12/26, 12/27
December 23, 11:41am

Re: Re: Neoprene socks
Thanks Andrew, that makes a lot of sense. When I was hiking through the snow it was around freezing and the snow was pretty fresh and not very wet, so I can see how I was conducting heat away into ...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
December 22, 7:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Neoprene
That is the most obvious issue, however my hydroskins are xl (the largest they had at REI). Shoes were plenty roomy as well. I wasn't wearing gaiters and had snow pouring into my shoes and I w...

December 22, 4:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Neoprene
I can handle cold feet as well, but when your feet start to turn red you have a problem. I went straight from walking in a stream to walking in snow. I had heard of neoprene socks working well i...

December 22, 4:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am