BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 881 - 890 of 3059 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ...306

Forum » Thread

Leather
Leather gloves are awesome, but they kinda suck when wet and take forever to dry. Maybe not such a good choice for the pnw? In winter I always have at least one leather glove for messing around wit...

In GEAR » Best DURABLE glove?
December 12, 7:31pm

Re: Hares
Be careful with those jackrabbits, I've heard about diseases and parasites and such with them, especially in dry desert areas (not sure why). You know if you carry a whistle with you, when you...

In Other Activities » Any bowhunters here?
December 12, 7:22pm

Cookie dough
Anyone ever try sicking a ball of cookie dough on a stick and roasting over a campfire? I like doing a baked potato cooked in tin foil over coals. At butter, salt, and bacon bits. Sausages ov...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter Comfort Food
December 12, 11:49am

Re: Best DURABLE glove?
I've been using the same pair of fox river rag wool fingerless gloves for a couple years now. I've scrambled over rocks, pushed through brush, carried big pieces of firewood, and they have ...

In GEAR » Best DURABLE glove?
December 12, 10:32am

Re: Re: full tang
I think moras are fine for batoning as long as you resharpen it and give it a slight microbevel or convexity. Those super flat scandi grinds like to fold and chip on you easily.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
December 11, 8:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Borah Gear "Borahgami"
Yeah

In GEAR » New tent decision
December 11, 8:11pm

Re: Borah Gear "Borahgami"
So did Dale win the contest?

In GEAR » New tent decision
December 11, 7:55pm

Re: Sierra High Route/JMT Hybrid - August 2013 - A Backcountry Adventure
I'm really surprised to see some snow and ice in your pictures. I did part of the SHR from the south starting august 10th and we didn't see a lick of snow anywhere, not even near the highes...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route/JMT Hybrid - August 2013 - A Backcountry Adventure
December 11, 4:02pm

Re: Cause of Holes in Merino?
If you wanted to post a picture of the holes, we may be able to get a better idea of what caused them.

In GEAR » Cause of Holes in Merino?
December 11, 3:37pm

Re: they arent
Eric, I don't think tennis shoes or flat sneakers are comparable to minimalist shoes like vivobarefoot, merrel trail glove, soft star, ect. Flat sneakers are relatively minimal, but nowhere nea...

In GEAR » Casual, leather barefoot shoes besides the Soft Star Rogue?
December 11, 3:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am