BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 881 - 890 of 1169 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: 0.55oz (15.6g) screw canister stove
O.K. The stove is awesome, but why go through all that work for the weight savings and then throw a Jetboil on top of it? Kind of contradicts its self from the savings.

In Make Your Own Gear » 0.55oz (15.6g) screw canister stove
July 05, 1:37pm

Re: Andrew
Andrew getting skinny!

In Editor's Roundtable » The Great Western Loop
July 03, 10:49pm

Re: Re: R values, loft, AYCE
I'm pretty sure those clo/oz are per ounce/yard. .89 X 2.8 = 2.5

In GEAR » R values everywhere!
July 03, 9:10pm

Re: Survival gear; it's in my home
Here's a question, How much of this do or have you actually HAD to use? The only time I care to have more than something to treat my wounds and my water. If I'm out in the middle of no...

In Gear Lists » Survival gear list
July 02, 1:24am

Re: Price
A lot of the competitors that have similar tarps out have a cantanary cut in them. I'm not sure who you're aiming for to buy the tarp, but it would have to be a price low enough to lure aw...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6oz spinnaker tarp
July 01, 12:32pm

Re: Re: Insulation debate
Yeah, Bill keeps pulling Pertex Quantum out of his a** like it's no big deal. The rest of what Bill is discussing has been sold before so he spends a years saving on them on a whim that they ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kinsman pullover w/mod
June 30, 12:09am

Re: Re: SUL and UL: Seeking Converts
Sean, You're hitting the nail on the head. Going SUL is like buying a 15 lb bike or even worse trying to get your 30 lb bike down to 15. You also will not be able to ride that bike on every ...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL and UL: Seeking Converts
June 29, 4:51pm

Re: SUL an UL: Seeking Converts
Hey Kevin, A lot of other backpacking forum websites do view us as being in a SUL cult. I still believe that most people that post at this sight are more dedicated towards L/W than being truly ...

June 29, 1:04pm

Re: Re: Seeking converts....Create the rituals first :-P
Yes, But this doesn't really hit the masses. I'll second the scotch though.

June 28, 6:56pm

Re: SUL and UL: Seeking Converts
I know you're looking for solutions but the problems that exist to create a solution are not what the general crowd needs. I've discussed with someone who wasn't happy with his hiking ...

June 28, 5:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm