BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 881 - 890 of 1227 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ...123

Forum » Thread

Re: Joshua Tree recommendations, please
Re. climbing in Joshua Tree first off have you ever climbed outside, or are you just a gym climber ? second, will you try and lead climb or just toprope at J-Tree ? if you have only done lea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Joshua Tree recommendations, please
October 12, 11:44am

Re: Carrying water/food while running
I just read your initial post more closely. Why would you only want to carry 4-6oz water ? that's about one mouthful. may as well carry nothing. you must be talking about short sub 2 hour ru...

In Other Activities » Carrying water/food while running
October 10, 1:11pm

Re: Carrying water/food while running
several ways to approach this. some like the junk on their waste ... some don't. some prefer handheld water bottles, some prefer bladders. I prefer nothing at my waste, don't like the bo...

In Other Activities » Carrying water/food while running
October 10, 9:30am

Love the term "Gatewood Cape"
I'm sorry for the intrusion ... but whenever I hear the term "Gatewood Cape" I can't help but chuckle, and think about grown men running around in the wilderness playing Superher...

In Gear Swap » FS: Gatewood Cape and Serenity NetTent
September 29, 10:18am

Re: Need help - Mamoth lakes
if you are using a tent rather than a tarp, the tent will get you 10*. if you bring extra clothes to sleep in, the 30* bag would probably be minimally adequate for 2 nights. just make sure you br...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need help - Mamoth lakes
September 28, 12:17pm

Re: The Pros and Cons of Backpacking Umbrellas
this is BPL, right ? given that, its either rain gear and a sunhat ... or an umbrella. I'll take the rain gear and sunhat. all the arguments "pro" aside, it just seems like a s...

In GEAR » The Pros and Cons of Backpacking Umbrellas
September 27, 12:22pm

Re: Thank you!
you should plan on low temperatures below the 36* you mentioned. that may be the low temp for the town of Mammoth. if you hike into the Sierra, plan on low temps down to 26* or even 20* and you w...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need help - Mamoth lakes
September 27, 10:46am

Re: Removing Labels
I always remove my labels, both to save weight (3 grams does matter, 3g x 10 items = a whole ounce). and for Michael's reason of not wanting to be a billboard. Removing from Nano is no pro...

In GEAR » Removing Labels
September 25, 10:35am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
Craig Re crash and burn ... basically my back went out on me, couldn't stand up any more.

In Philosophy & Technique » Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
September 21, 1:07pm

Re: Re: Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
Hi James I'm as guilty as anyone on this site about not meeting the criteria I established in my initial post. Maybe I started this post because I feel guilty about that. My current excuse i...

In Philosophy & Technique » Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
September 21, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.