BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 881 - 890 of 1991 | Page: 1 ...80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ...200

Forum » Thread

Hunting for small game
I don't think hunting is legal in Denali but it could be done in other areas of Alaska. I think combining hunting/fishing with backpacking could be a very interesting trip but it would be diff...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » hunting to lighten pack load by eating meat?
August 28, 2:24pm

Re I'm interested
Awesome, any strong preferences on when and where? For me "when" determines "where" to some extent. Some places are better when its cooler (Lone Star Trail for example).

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
August 28, 1:46pm

Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
Anyone want to get together in the Texas, Oklahoma, or Arkansas area? I'll be in Dallas for the foreseeable future substitute teaching so I could probably arrange a long weekend pretty much an...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
August 28, 9:42am

Two factores to consider
I'll agree that shelter Ryan showed might not be the best example, it definitely could have been reinforced more. Also we don't know the weight of the cuban fiber being tested. I wonder i...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber failure? Any updates since 2008?
August 27, 6:27pm

Check this out
If you look at Ryan Jordan's article "Storm Reistance of Ultralight Shelters Part 1" he has some info. For example there is a picture of a a cuban tarp that has seams begining to r...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber failure? Any updates since 2008?
August 27, 5:16pm

I'd say it depends
I don't "need" my poles but I still like them for a couple reason. 1. Body type - I have a long torso for my height and my downward pueripherial vision isn't the greatest in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have any of you ditched trekking poles as you've lightened your weight?
August 27, 2:22pm

Re Jamie
Jamie that is a nice trip report. We did basically the same loop that you did but we started from the Grindstone campground and did the hike in the opposite direction. The full report is here...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Iron Mtn. & AT Loop Anybody Done this?
August 26, 10:58pm

Re Review
We did the northern loop so I can't say much about the southern loop. I liked the northern loop a lot because Whitetop Mtn. and the Grayson Highlands were both very scenic. The southern end m...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Iron Mtn. & AT Loop Anybody Done this?
August 26, 3:22pm

Maybe
Sounds like fun, I MIGHT be interested. I'm working as a substitute this fall so it will be a week or two before I really know how much work I will be getting and whether or not I could afford...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bob Marshall about 9/22/2012, Any Interest?
August 25, 10:49pm

Re Re Gear Question
Thanks for the detailed response Ryan, I always like getting your opinion. I've been basically using the same system of down for shorter and/or drier trips and sythetic (BPL 240) for longer an...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lamar
August 25, 9:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.