BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11448 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Comments and questions on my recent winter trip (Uintahs)
OK. In the words of John Wilkes Booth, "Let me take a shot at that." First of all, try to decide whether it is a fuel flow problem or a pressure problem. If it is a fuel flow proble...

In GEAR » Comments and questions on my recent winter trip (Uintahs)
December 17, 10:17pm

Re: Comments and questions on my recent winter trip (Uintahs)
"I also used my MSR XGK which worked great for melting snow but seemed to use a lot of fuel. How much fuel does it usually take to melt (and boil) snow equal to a gallon of water? I went throu...

In GEAR » Comments and questions on my recent winter trip (Uintahs)
December 17, 9:23pm

Re: JMT Permit Question.
I've never heard of any restriction about age for a JMT permit. The person who issues the permit would probably ask you a few extra questions, just to make sure that you seem responsible. In...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT with my 13 year old
December 17, 7:51pm

Re: Glow in dark guy-line
"How many times have you packed up camp in the dark and wondered if you left something behind?" When packing up camp, somebody needs to be on the campsite beautification committee. As ...

In GEAR » protecting/not losing tiny gadgets
December 17, 5:37pm

Re: Re: protecting/not losing tiny gadgets
I agree with Benjamin. A GPS receiver is something that either you use continuously or else at least you use it a few times per day. Having it buried deep within the backpack would waste time. A...

December 17, 2:37pm

Re: Looking for bomb proof fabric...
I don't know, but I know what I would try. Try to find some material like a synthetic leather. I have some ski boots made out of this stuff. It looks and flexes like leather, but it is plastic ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for bomb proof fabric...
December 17, 2:29pm

Re: protecting/not losing tiny gadgets
You might try a padded eyeglass case. I have one that is made out of a thin foam fabric, so it allows the GPS signal go get through to the antenna. Mine has a clip on it for attachment to a back...

December 17, 1:54pm

Re: Mike C's 1.5 hour quinzie?
I don't try quinzies, but here in California we build snow caves. The detail there is that you need a good snow slope with deep snow. If the slope is very steep, like 25 degrees or more, you wi...

In GEAR » winter sleep system
December 17, 1:20pm

Thermos
I have a Thermos brand plastic insulated bottle. I'm looking for my digital scale, but it appears to weigh about 4 ounces, including the main part, the internal cap, and the external cap that d...

In GEAR » light thurmas
December 16, 4:30pm

Re: Neverclear
" -snakebite prevention" If memory serves me right, a high percentage of snakebite victims are young males with high blood alcohol. --B.G.--

In Multiple Use Gear » Everclear Uses
December 15, 11:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.