BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 10384 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1039

Forum » Thread

Re: MSR Windpro
The Ti-Tri system is fine... assuming that you have a relatively easy source of nice dry twigs to load in there. Collecting twigs might take only a few minutes. If it has been raining or if the twi...

In GEAR » 2 Person Kitchen
June 22, 1:05pm

Re: Re: Objective standards for shelters
I remember watching some tent testing that was done a few years ago. The testers mounted a large flat wooden platform on the back of a pickup truck. Then they fastened different test tents onto the...

In GEAR » Objective standards for shelters
June 22, 12:34am

Re: Re: Re: Identify packs that require sleeping pads as frames
Many UL packs are that way with two pieces of fabric holding a sleeping pad externally to the pack and against the wearer's back. Some don't have that, and you simply roll the sleeping pad ...

In GEAR » Identify packs that require sleeping pads as frames
June 21, 11:15pm

Re: Re: July start date and repackaging.
I've never seen freeze-dried food packages that have desiccant packets in them. Most that I've seen have oxygen absorber packets instead. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 10 days on the CT, no resupply.
June 21, 10:14pm

Re: July start date and repackaging.
Freeze dried food keeps for about twenty years when sealed in a steel #10 can. It keeps for a couple of years when sealed in a foil and plastic pouch. Once you open the pouch to transfer it to a zi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 10 days on the CT, no resupply.
June 21, 9:17pm

Re: JMT North-South Records
Jorge, from the way you wrote it, I had assumed that you meant Mirror Lake on the Whitney Trail. But, you meant Lone Pine Lake. That's only a few miles. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT North - South Records
June 21, 9:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Phantom vs Montbell vs Western Mountaineering vs Feathered Friends. Call me crazy but....
I still don't believe that a Feathered Friends Merlin is as light as that. 1.9 ounces? Really? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 Down Sleeping Bag--How Many Seasons?
June 21, 8:56pm

Re: Phantom vs Montbell vs Western Mountaineering vs Feathered Friends. Call me crazy but....
I doubt very seriously that the Feathered Friends Merlin is as light as that. 1.9 oz? Also, my Phantom 32 weighs 1.44 lb. --B.G.--

June 21, 8:51pm

Re: Phantom
I have a two-year-old Phantom 32. As long as it is stored properly, it is about a 32-degree F bag. I had to pay $125 for it at an REI sale back then. --B.G.--

June 21, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Yosemite?
It looks like the old snow line is between 8000 and 9000 feet, depending on whether it is in the woods or in the open. I think I better pack some thin plastic bags to go between the inner socks ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite?
June 21, 6:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.