BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11206 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1121

Forum » Thread

You know that you've gone too far when...
You go to Starbucks for coffee, and you hand them your titanium mug to be filled. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » How is UL backpacking creeping into your daily life?
November 12, 1:20pm

Re: Dream of Next season--Already!
Jay, where did you shoot that one? I'm guessing near Cloud's Rest. --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » Dreams of Next season
November 11, 12:44pm

Re: help me pick out a new ski setup for my wife
In many cold parts of the country, snow falls and stays fairly consistent in its texture for a long time. For example, the high/cold parts of the Rocky Mountains. In that environment, if you know h...

In Winter Hiking » help me pick out a new ski setup for my wife
November 11, 12:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
"Someone needs to manufacturer a runner type sled out of titanium to real see some weight savings... For some reason, I was thinking Steve Evans at Suluk46.com was working on something, but I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
November 11, 11:52am

Re: Re: Dreams of Next season
It will be interesting to see what Ryan reports. I will guess that it was shot in Denali National Park, about 40 miles west of the park entrance. --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » Dreams of Next season
November 11, 11:35am

Re: twain
"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated
November 11, 10:49am

Re: Re: Re: Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
Many such sleds are sold without any connections to the sled puller. When I had to use mine, I simply tied rope from the front sides of the sled to my backpack waist belt. This will work if you are...

November 11, 10:40am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Poison oak
"Is it really that bad?" There were bad trail places all over prior to the big fires, but afterward, some of the trail areas were maintained a bit, so the poison oak situation changed....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison oak
November 10, 10:45pm

Re: Re: Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
Good Grief! I just discovered that orange thing hanging up in my garage for the last 25 years is a Paris Expedition Sled. --B.G.--

November 10, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Re: poison oak
I did an East Bay hike one time, and poison oak was all around me, but I was wearing at least two layers of clothing. I got home about two hours after the hike, and I was going to shower when I not...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison oak
November 10, 12:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.