Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 12560 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1256

Forum » Thread

Sarah's recipe for Cranberry Macadamia Cereal Bars
I tried her recipe some months ago, and it turned out good. Today I tried it again, and I made some changes to suit my own palate. Walnuts instead of macadamias. For the vanilla, I used half vanill...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sarah's recipe for Cranberry Macadamia Cereal Bars
April 09, 9:50pm

Re: Re: this Bear Cannister thing
All I want to know is this: Why is it that the food item that I need is at the very bottom of my bear canister, regardless of the order in which I packed everything? --B.G.--

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 09, 9:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: brown bears are ok
Greg, can you conclude what was the cause of the failure? In the photo, it is difficult to tell of the screws are countersunk. Or rather, where the screws used to be. Aluminum? That seems to...

In Editor's Roundtable » 7 Myths about the Continental Divide Trail
April 09, 8:55pm

Re: Bear Vault
Either Brian is a good food packer, or else he lost some weight. I can barely squeeze 5.5 days worth into the small Bear Vault (250 or 450). I got 8.5 days worth into a Garcia one time, but that...

April 09, 7:37pm

Re: Re: Re: brown bears are ok
Greg, you might explain what is in the photo. I think I see carbon fiber shreds and some metal. --B.G.--

In Editor's Roundtable » 7 Myths about the Continental Divide Trail
April 09, 7:33pm

Re: :)
Steven, the photos don't help. Put all of your stuff into a big cardboard box that fits it, then measure the box. 1000 cubic inches is about 16.4 liters. 3000 cubic inches is almost 50 li...

In GEAR » Trying to figure out a backpack?
April 09, 7:30pm

Punctuation
You know, an investment in good punctuation will always pay off. You just want to avoid the gratuitous apostrophe whenever possible. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Carbon fiber lids!
April 09, 7:23pm

Re: this Bear Cannister thing..
Cola, let me try to respond to the only legitimate question I see. Personally, I would take a bear canister. Of all of the times that I've been through SEKI in summer, I think I have always had...

April 09, 6:13pm

Re: COE
"Trying to get down to Ventana to go to Syke hot springs but can't find away past the washout on HWY 1 without a huge addition of driving time." You can drive in on the Tassajara R...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » COE
April 09, 2:07pm

Re: "this Bear Cannister thing..."
"how ineffective hanging you food in the Sierras can be!" Actually, hanging food properly can be extremely effective. The problem is that most people don't know how to do it proper...

April 09, 2:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.