BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11203 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1121

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
"Someone needs to manufacturer a runner type sled out of titanium to real see some weight savings... For some reason, I was thinking Steve Evans at Suluk46.com was working on something, but I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
November 11, 11:52am

Re: Re: Dreams of Next season
It will be interesting to see what Ryan reports. I will guess that it was shot in Denali National Park, about 40 miles west of the park entrance. --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » Dreams of Next season
November 11, 11:35am

Re: twain
"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated
November 11, 10:49am

Re: Re: Re: Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
Many such sleds are sold without any connections to the sled puller. When I had to use mine, I simply tied rope from the front sides of the sled to my backpack waist belt. This will work if you are...

November 11, 10:40am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Poison oak
"Is it really that bad?" There were bad trail places all over prior to the big fires, but afterward, some of the trail areas were maintained a bit, so the poison oak situation changed....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison oak
November 10, 10:45pm

Re: Re: Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
Good Grief! I just discovered that orange thing hanging up in my garage for the last 25 years is a Paris Expedition Sled. --B.G.--

November 10, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Re: poison oak
I did an East Bay hike one time, and poison oak was all around me, but I was wearing at least two layers of clothing. I got home about two hours after the hike, and I was going to shower when I not...

November 10, 12:46pm

Re: poison oak
What I am about to state only applies to California's poison oak. Other plants may be different. Tecnu or something like that can go on your skin. Long clothing covers the skin as well. If y...

November 10, 12:19pm

Re: Re: Re: On the Post Office
"I'm not sure that the average postman/woman deals with something specialized like a gas canister." The average postman/woman is not the same as the post office. If you go to th...

In GEAR » Shipping Gas Canisters ?
November 10, 12:09pm

Re: Poison oak
There are two separate types of medicine. First, you want to use a preventative. Long clothes. Next, if you have much exposed skin, you want to use a poison oak blocker, typically an ointment that ...

November 10, 12:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.