BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11085 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1109

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB Trashed Sleeping Bag
If you search, you might find a very short bag called an Elephant Foot Bag. They used to be more common with climbers who already had a down parka. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB Trashed Sleeping Bag
October 29, 3:56pm

Re: Annapurna Circuit
"the kanchenjunga circuit" The last time that I checked, that was not in Nepal. For years, the two major trekking routes were 1.Mt Everest Base Camp, and 2.the Annapurna Circuit. So...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where would you go this winter (anywhere in the world)?
October 29, 3:51pm

Re: white gas
"Re the last item: the MSR instructions for the XGK stove explicitly state that priming the stove requires a 'fireball'." That's partially true. On a high expedition, three...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Effect of Cold on Gas Canisters
October 29, 3:43pm

Re: Good stuff
Folks, I have carried several different DSLR cameras in the backcountry in summer and winter with a variety of lenses. I've shot scenics a little, but I tend to go after wildlife. I think yo...

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
October 29, 1:19am

Re: Old school finds
In my garage, I found a Whillans Sit Harness from about 1975. Prior to that, I had to use a Swiss Seat. I found a 150-foot 3/4" Goldline rope that has never been uncoiled (maybe 1971). Of c...

In GEAR » Old school finds
October 26, 12:14am

Re: need stove advice
You will get varied opinions on this. Some of it depends on how "fancy" you want to cook. If you are really a minimalist, then a lightweight titanium cone may work well for you. I'm g...

In GEAR » need stove advice
October 25, 7:48pm

Re: Glacier goats
"I suppose that we'll never know." The deceased goat isn't talking. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goat Kills Hiker?!??!!??
October 25, 5:39pm

Re: Heineken/fosters pot guestion
If your friend goes to New York to buy beer, how is he going to get them to Finland? He can't take them on the airliner. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken/fosters pot guestion
October 25, 12:02pm

Re: Napali Coast (Hawaii) in mid-December
Some friends of mine backpacked in there, and then it rained cats and dogs for a few days, wiping out the trail for return. A boat was due to meet them in the surf for food resupply, but instead th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Napali Coast (Hawaii) in mid-December
October 24, 10:51pm

Re: Follow-up
"Bob: I see the smaller Bear Boxer would save me about a pound over the Garcia. Anyone here tried both? What is the real difference in capacity/# of days of food? And how about quality?" ...

In Gear Lists » My turn to submit a gear list!
October 24, 10:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.