Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11592 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1160

Forum » Thread

Re: Hiking Partner - JMT South Lake to Whitney Portal
Hmmm. From South Lake, over Bishop Pass, and down to the JMT is about 10 miles. From there to the summit of Whitney is about 77 miles. From there down to Whitney Portal is 11. I think you might be ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hiking Partner - JMT South Lake to Whitney Portal
January 06, 9:09pm

Re: RE Dog
That dog almost looks like there is some silver phase fox blood in there. Cute. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My dog is almost full grown and she got a new pack
January 06, 12:04am

Re: re: waxless
"those super cold dry days" What is that? In California, we can only dream of super cold dry days. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Ski Advice
January 05, 11:44pm

Re: waxless?
"Do you guys think it's worth going waxless for the extra convenience and lower maintenance requirements if you're pretty recreational and don't mind plugging along at a bit of a s...

In GEAR » Ski Advice
January 05, 10:39pm

Re: why is this field not populated automatically?
"MAybe it's a case of they all work it just depends on what floats your boat." Long and wide gives you more floatation on snow, and that means it supports more weight. If you are o...

In Winter Hiking » BC touring ski setup for the Sierras...
January 05, 10:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Sierra BC skiing requirements
"Bob, I can tell by your comment that it may have been a few years since you have purchased skis." About 15 months. I am about 5'7", and I ski on 200cm. Previously, when I car...

January 05, 10:22pm

Re: Sierra BC skiing requirements
"4t> Skis for the Sierras need to be between 195 cm and 170 cm. andhave enough sidecut for good turning B/C the Sierras have more steeps and you need to tyrn better." That is an int...

January 05, 2:48pm

Re: asolo boots
Asolo makes some good boots. I used Asolo for cross country ski boots (Vibram sole and leather lining) for over 25 years. Of course, those were all Norwegian welt construction, so they tend to be a...

In GEAR » snow boots
January 05, 1:43pm

Re: WOW!
"I wouldn't know how to turn a sewing machine on" John, change the default position of the 1/0 switch. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » My first DIY Backpack
January 05, 11:54am

Re: BC touring ski setup for the Sierras...
I've skied in the California backcountry for over thirty years. Go with the 3-pin boots and bindings. If you were going to stay on groomed tracks, then maybe the NNN stuff. --B.G.--

January 04, 11:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.