BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11296 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1130

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Weigh your buckles!
Some of us are cross country skiers. For balance purposes with a backpack, it is necessary to have a decent hip belt and also a decent sternum strap. I just make a point of purchasing a pack that h...

In Gear Lists » First time I ever weighed my gear!
November 23, 7:39pm

Re: Weigh your buckles!
"Weighing a buckle on a backpack is NOT a bit extreme!" You misquoted me, Mike. The correct quote: "Weighing the buckle on a backpack and substituting another lighter one.....

November 23, 6:09pm

Re: Layers
"But then again... a bunch of people sitting around and weighing the contents of their backpacks... kinda nerdy, no?" Weighing the contents of a backpack isn't nerdy. That is conve...

November 23, 3:41pm

Re: Again...
You can pretty much forget about HACE in Yosemite. HACE tends to be a very high altitude problem, like at 18,000 feet and above. Although it is possible to have HAPE at lower elevations, it is m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weather in the Sierras
November 23, 3:22pm

Re: Need more ideas
I've been snow camping in the Sierras for over 30 years, and I can tell you that one of the biggest problems is to find a safe place to park your car. In a few areas, there are Sno-Park lots. T...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Snow Camping in the Sierra
November 23, 12:56pm

Re: Half Dome
"Look out for these guys" That's just the campground host. --B.G.--

In GEAR » First Half dome trip
November 23, 12:08am

Re: "Making a Pulk and need to find right sled"
The quick and dirty way to pull the pulk is to simply fix ropes to the front corners and tie the ropes near your waist. However, if you get on uneven terrain, contours, and a generally bumpy route,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
November 22, 4:33pm

Re: Re: bear canister not needed
If you do camp in Little Yosemite, and if you do not have a bear canister, then you will need to look for the bear boxes supplied by NPS: 37.7324200,-119.5152000 (NAD83) --B.G.--

In GEAR » First Half dome trip
November 21, 10:50pm

Re: suggestions?
Inside Yosemite, perhaps? Glacier Point Road, Badger Pass to Westfall Meadow. Or, Badger Pass to Dewey Point. Or, Badger Pass to Bridalveil Campground. Note that the road to Badger gets an R3 ch...

November 21, 9:27pm

Re: Snow camping in the Sierras
Isn't the Kaiser Pass Road awfully difficult or closed in the winter? It's no fun, even in the middle of the summer. --B.G.--

November 21, 9:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.