BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11438 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1144

Forum » Thread

Re: speed of a flash card
"or does it refer to a photo of a fast moving object transferred to the card?" If you are trying to photograph a fast moving object, the primary thing that allows that is the camera...

In Photography » speed of a flash card
December 15, 5:00pm

I don't have any information on Olympus cameras. A camera that shoots faster continuously is important to my photography, so I keep CF cards mostly at 233X to 300X. Few people with camera...

December 15, 4:36pm

Re: Andes vs Himalayas
Trekking in the Himalayas is best done in April-May (pre-monsoon) or else in September-October (post-monsoon). April-May is best for flowering plants and trees. You probably don't want to be th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Valley Hopping in the Cordillera Huayhuash
December 15, 1:22pm

As a general rule, the "speed" of a CF card is _mostly_ based on the speed that your camera can write to it. The speed that you can read back from it tends to be comparable, yet of differ...

December 14, 9:45pm

Re: Condor Trail
Ticks, rattlesnakes, and poison oak. What's not to love? --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New 400 mile Condor Trail to span Los Padres NF.
December 14, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dreams
I grew up near one of the first pumped storage energy projects. I think it was done almost 50 years ago. It uses 3 watts of energy to pump the water uphill, and then when it runs back down, 2 watts...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
December 14, 2:58pm

Re: Can your cat do this?
My black and white kitty can stand on its front paws. --B.G.--

In Chaff » Can Your Cat Do This?
December 14, 2:50pm

Re: Trekking Poles vs. Walking Staff
I've never felt the need for any trekking poles. One exception was for one summer season after I had a knee reconstruction. The other exception was a high expedition when I had an extra heavy l...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles vs. Walking Staff
December 13, 11:56pm

Re: WTB Bearikade Scout, Weekender, or BearVault 450
Brad, when you get to Yosemite, this is what you will have for a Welcome Wagon committee: They don't want to do you any harm, they just want the darned food! --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB Bearikade Scout, Weekender, or BearVault 450
December 13, 11:52pm

Re: Thanks
Brandt, I believe that you will find that few experienced backpackers carry the expensive and heavy commercial first aid kits. For one thing, many of them have heavy cases that you don't need. ...

In Gear Lists » Trying to go Ultralight
December 13, 8:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.