BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11057 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1106

Forum » Thread

Re: Titanium
Are we talking about lids for "herbs"? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Inspire; Titanium
October 22, 4:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lumens vs throw
One more measurement unit that is unclear is Watts. That is a power measurement unit, but it can refer to the battery power that is going into the LED, not the amount of light that is coming out th...

In GEAR » Zebralight SC50+
October 22, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eric
A summer tent stake is typically of a small size, either a rod (like a shepherd's hook) or "angle" with a V-shaped or Y-shaped or T-shaped cross section of maybe 1/4". A snow ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Inspire; Titanium
October 22, 3:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: lumens vs throw
Travis, rather than thinking about increase in intensity, it works better to think about the intensity. But then, like I said, "laser intensity" is not practical for a backpacker, so you ...

October 22, 3:36pm

Re: How do you load your pack?
Instinctively, I start to load a pack with the heaviest items toward the bottom and closest to my back. But then, that doesn't work, so I load it with the items at the bottom that are unlikely ...

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 22, 3:32pm

Re: Re: lumens vs throw
I'm not sure that the lumen is the right unit of measurement to be using, since the size of the target is undefined. For example, you could have a laser beam with very high intensity, but its b...

October 22, 3:22pm

Re: lumens vs throw
"For instance: your H31w puts out 32 lumens on medium and 161 on high. Thats about a 500% increase in output. I somehow doubt that the throw on high will be 500% more than medium." You...

October 22, 2:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Gravity, or not
"Seems like I'm totally missing something here." Do you understand the difference between charcoal and activated charcoal? --B.G.--

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 21, 4:46pm

Re: Condensation
"Same reason why we dont see many gore tex bags ... Moisture" Strange. My Feathered Friends Swallow Goretex shell sleeping bag (c. 1982) has never had such a problem. I think there ...

In GEAR » Feathered Friends Ice Fall Parka
October 20, 10:17pm

Re: Snow around Rae Lakes?
I don't know anything specifically about that part of Kings Canyon. However, the event that I planned on doing closer to Mammoth Lakes seems to be cancelled due to snow down to 8500 feet elevat...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Snow around Rae Lakes?
October 20, 10:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.