Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: Rocks ever hit anyone?
I never personally saw anybody get hit with a rock of any dangerous size. I never wore a helmet. I saw lots of rocks flying down the hill, but they were much smaller than a golf ball. Most of th...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lighten up a Shasta Load
May 06, 9:26pm

Have any photographers out there used a photo book printing service called Blurb? If so, how were the results? --B.G.--

In Photography » Blurb
May 06, 9:15pm

Re: Glissade shorts?
Yes, we went through that whole discussion many years ago. It is nice to be able to do a sitting glissade down Avalanche Gulch, going at warp speed. On some years, the snow is soft enough that you ...

May 06, 7:35pm

Re: thanks!
Will, I think I was up there in May for 26 years, of which I managed to summit 22 times. The weather was very bad on the other four years. One year, we had the other extreme, and we were walking ar...

May 06, 5:45pm

Re: Carrying Water
You might want to describe where you intend to go. There is the high desert, the low desert, the summer, and the winter. Note that some desert streams dry up during the summer season. I've d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carrying Water
May 06, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Lighten up a Shasta Load
In twenty-five years on Shasta during May, the coldest that I ever saw at Helen Lake was +8 F with a 40 mph wind. When you get up around 13,000-14,000 feet, the windspeed can be much higher. Howeve...

May 06, 4:03pm

Re: Lighten up a Shasta Load
Yes, it is best to plan it as a two-night trip. Most of the time, you will be able to finish it before the second night. You might be a little too thin on the insulated jacket. What you have now...

May 06, 3:38pm

Re: 5mm habotai?
White 5mm silk was what I used for a sleeping bag liner. It is OK, as long as you keep your toenails trimmed. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » why is synthetic fill so popular for DIY warm weather quilts?
May 06, 2:19pm

Re: Scared for bears
If you seek a small bear can, look at the Bear Boxer. There is a medium size one and also a small one, and I think the small one weighs 1.6 pounds. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Fort Collins, Colorado
May 05, 9:38pm

Re: Exodus carrying a bear can.
Turn the can 90 degrees so that the flat top is against your back. --B.G.--

In GEAR » How well does the MLD Exodus carry a bear canister?
May 05, 7:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.