BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 10329 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1033

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpacking Transformatin
Amen, Brother. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Did backpacking transform you?
June 16, 7:51pm

Re: Bob?
I can't make any comparison, because I have not seen the Samsung unit at all. I was backpacking a few weeks ago, and I was carrying a heavy rig. My buddy was carrying a brand new Canon SX210IS....

In Photography » DPR supergigantic "travel zoom" conparison test
June 16, 7:50pm

Re: DPR supergigantic "travel zoom" comparison test
I'm not sure why they called this "supergigantic." They are compact travel cameras with good zoom. If you want to talk about "supergigantic," I have a 13-pound lens that ...

In Photography » DPR supergigantic "travel zoom" conparison test
June 16, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dry Salami and bears
"Bob, I am the anti bear. My hiking partners laugh that every trip we take, we don't see any bears. I have camped in some high bear traffic areas over the years and it has just worked out ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » salami
June 16, 6:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Spinnshelter vs. Other Tarps
"I wonder how much lighter it is than using a separate bugnet bivy or net tent." I measured it, and the added mosquito net was 3 oz. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 16, 2:40pm

Re: Yosemite
" I was just surprised no one mentioned Yosemite. " Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded. --Yogi Berra--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » where in the US should I go backpacking?
June 16, 2:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dry Salami and bears
"2 bears in 15 years" You have to get into the backcountry more. My rate is to see 1-3 black bears per year in Yosemite. Last weekend, a birdwatcher in Sequoia-Kings counted eleven dif...

June 16, 10:38am

Re: Re: Re: Spinnshelter vs. Other Tarps
I've used a SpinnShelter for a couple of years now, and it suits my purposes for summer. I sewed some mosquito netting into it, and that includes a 5" skirt plus a couple of panels near th...

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 16, 10:34am

Re: salami
Don't worry about taking some salami or summer sausage into bear country. The bears will be happy to help you take care of it. The problem will be after you eat some of it, and you will have sa...

June 15, 8:21pm

Re: salami
Summer sausage will keep a lot longer without refrigeration. --B.G.--

June 15, 6:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.