Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8791 - 8800 of 11761 | Page: 1 ...871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 ...1177

Forum » Thread

Re: chicken wire
I guess rabbits and marmots are about the same size. Marmots might be a little bigger. A big male marmot (is that a buck, or a bull?) gets pretty territorial. The big ones are the Hoary Marmot i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mineral King
February 03, 1:54pm

Re: Re: Canada Dry
"Alcohol may remove permanent marker ink, but I thought the alcohol and the marker ink were on different sides?" Normally, the alcohol is on the inside. Once in a while, a drop or two ...

In GEAR » containers for fuel alcohol
February 03, 1:50pm

Mineral King
Mineral King is a trailhead/campground in the southern part of Sequoia National Park. By tradition, backpackers leave a vehicle there for a few days, and when they return, the vehicle has been comp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mineral King
February 03, 1:01am

Re: Re: JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH
"Deadman summit on 395 is also good." I've slept for a few hours at the Crestview stopover for truckers. Another good one is the Hartley Springs Campground in the same area. --B...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH
February 02, 10:36pm

Re: Esbit Tabs
Eric, should should buy Esbit tabs at the standard price from Lawson or someplace out of state so that you don't have to pay local sales tax. Or, if you prefer, just send more money to Sacramen...

In GEAR » FireLite fuel tab source??
February 02, 5:10pm

Re: Sierra's Strait through or resupply?
This is a very naive question. The Sierra Nevada Range stretches out for several hundred miles, and I have serious doubts that you are going to hike anything _straight_ through without resupply....

In GEAR » Sierra's Strait through or resupply?
February 02, 4:11pm

Re: Natrapel Insect Repellent?
I don't think that it is nearly as strong as DEET, but it is better than nothing. Some people are really sensitive to certain chemicals, so they need to use mild stuff like this and let the ...

In GEAR » Natrapel Insect Repellent?
February 02, 2:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH"
You have to define what you mean by winter. This trip was around April 1, so complete snow cover is still there, but there is reduced chance of a long winter storm to foul up the trip. You can call...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH
February 02, 2:14pm

Re: Re: Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
Being a gear junkie, I was forced to purchase one. I started a sea level test with everything at a temperature of 60 F. One 16-ounce aluminum kettle with 16 ounces of water in it. I had a full r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
February 02, 2:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH"
"That must be a haul on skis Bob. Was that a one day ascent?" For the ski trip, we started late from South Lake, so the first camp was before Bishop Pass. Second camp was in LeConte Ca...

February 02, 1:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.