Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 871 - 880 of 916 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Comments
I like aqua mira alot because it purifys fast. but it looks like you dont need the water for cooking dinner so I recomend You use the katadyn micropur tablets instead of aqua mira. one tablet puri...

In Gear Lists » my SuperUltralight gearlist
October 22, 9:24pm

Re: Re: Comments
I dont know if you already do this but you can use your hat, gloves, and socks as shoulder strap padding

October 22, 9:11pm

Re: Comments
since my first aid kit is so small I often keep it, my duct tape, and compass in my cargo pockets so they are accessible so I guess I could count this as carried weight as well I keep my first a...

October 22, 9:07pm

Re: my gearlist
I am looking forward to the NANO gear to shave a few ounces off this list

October 22, 8:13pm

NANO gear
anyone know when the NANO poncho tarps and bivys will show up in the gear store. anyone know of the weights or prices of the gear I am looking forward to weight savings

In GEAR » NANO gear
October 22, 8:11pm

light trek or stix PRO
I am looking into getting some carbon fiber trekking poles. the two I have found are the gossamer gear and BMW poles. Right now I am thinking the lightrk PLUS because of the $$$, but if the BMW are...

In GEAR » light trek or stix PRO
October 22, 8:05pm

my gearlist
THe LED I have is no longer sold at target but I got it down to 1.5oz by cuting the buckle off the elasic headband and resewing it to fit my head. Jordan, you have a great gearlist. It is light...

October 22, 7:37pm

Re: Re: That Cook Pot
earliar in this forum people were talking about using beer cans as cook pots Jordan Calicott said: "If I'am not able to attain a beer can, as I'am underage to drink alcohol, can I just use a coke...

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
October 21, 4:17pm

Re: Ryan/Winter Gladiator Kit/ take 58
Kevin may be right about tarps mabey a cuben tarp will do the trick

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
October 20, 5:18pm

Re: UL Tent
Thats what I think too. Even in the winter I have used tarps. What was I thinking, a tent, thats not super ultra light. drop the S off "sul tent"

In GEAR » SUL tent
October 20, 5:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm