BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 871 - 880 of 939 | Page: 1 ...75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Montane Featherlite H2O - Propore Hybrid
I was thinking that might work, especially when there is a small chance of rain. If the key parts of rain protection are your head and shoulders, then using a wind shirt in that manner might work w...

In GEAR » Montane Featherlite H2O - Propore Hybrid
July 11, 9:28pm

Re: Re: Bug netting in my Gatewood Cape
Very nice. I think this qualifies as a very light double walled tent. It looks like it is centered around your midsection. I think I might like it more if it was a bit more slanted towards the head...

In GEAR » Bug netting in my Gatewood Cape
July 11, 5:40pm

Montane Featherlite H2O - Propore Hybrid
Based on the positive review of the Montane Featherlite H2O (http://tinyurl.com/2co9ud) I thought it might be interesting to make a hybrid garment. I was thinking of taking the top of a Propore (R...

In GEAR » Montane Featherlite H2O - Propore Hybrid
July 10, 6:50pm

Re: Whither the 8x8 spinnaker/cuben 'mid?
I think Gossamer Gear has talked about producing a similar product (fully enclosed cuben tarp tent) as well. They are all a bunch of teasers :)

In GEAR » Whither the 8x8 spinnaker/cuben 'mid?
July 10, 5:08pm

Re: Re: Cocoon Pants - To buy or not to buy
I had the same sort of hesitation towards the Cocoon pants as Pam. If I use the pants only to keep warm inside the sleeping bag, might it make more sense to upgrade the sleeping bag instead of buyi...

In GEAR » Cocoon Pants - To buy or not to buy
July 10, 4:57pm

Re: Cuben Fiber Question
As far as materials go, Ron Bell goes with an even heavier weight, 0.6 (http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/fabric.php). He is a very nice guy, so you might email him and ask how he got the stuff....

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber Question
June 28, 4:44pm

Cold Feet
OK, so I got my really nice Cocoon hoody and pants. As I tried them on, I thought "This is so great. I can get by with a lighter sleeping bag. I'm covered from the top of my head to um, my...

In GEAR » Cold Feet
June 28, 4:22pm

Re: Re: Re: My idea regarding the new Cocoon line
Oh, I wouldn't take the cocoon apart. I was just hoping someone at BMW will see this thread and come out with another line of clothing. Seems like they could do so without spending a huge amoun...

In GEAR » My idea regarding the new Cocoon line
June 28, 4:03pm

Re: My idea regarding the new Cocoon line
Sounds like a great idea. If they come out with this, I would be very interested. My wife is in the market for a windshirt and only wants it to keep off mosquitoes. She wants the most breathable th...

In GEAR » My idea regarding the new Cocoon line
June 27, 7:33pm

Re: Komperdell Slippage
The key to fixing the Komperdell twist lock problem is to clean the inside of the outer pole (and the outside of the inner one). The problem is that dust (or other debris) gets stuck inside the pol...

In GEAR » Trekking pole newbie questions what makes 1 better than another, solid/adjustable,why? Recommendations
June 27, 7:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm