Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 871 - 880 of 963 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97

Forum » Thread

Re: EOS tactical - perhaps PT makes a diffuser in place of the colored lens
So far as I know, no one makes a headlamp using one of the new Cree LED bulbs. I think it will happen soon though. Luxeon has a new bulb, called the Rebel, which is in the same league as the Cree. ...

In GEAR » Princeton Tec EOS or Petzl TacTikka - for 3 season AND some winter use
October 31, 10:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Flashlight/Headlamp Suggestions
Thanks Dan, I haven't looked at that. I'll take a look at the Arc.

In GEAR » Flashlight/Headlamp Suggestions
October 26, 1:19pm

Re: Re: Flashlight/Headlamp Suggestions
Thanks for the link Rod, but I've already read that :) That is one of the reasons I am very much interested in that flashlight. I may have found out about that site via one of your other posts ...

October 26, 1:07pm

Flashlight/Headlamp Suggestions
My Princeton Tec Aurora headlamp died recently, so I'm in the market for a new headlamp or flashlight. I was considering using a Photon, but I would like something with a bit more light. I main...

October 25, 5:37pm

Re: Re: Sub-2lbs double wall tent
Add my name to the folks who would love to be able to buy one of these (MYOG double-walled cuben tent). Then again, maybe I would prefer a nice Cuben tarp-tent (with full bug protection) like this:...

In GEAR » If Only Someone Made A.....
October 22, 8:04pm

TarpTent Advantages
I think there are trade-offs with just about any system you use. For absolute lightest weight, a tarp and bivy is probably the lightest system available (especially if your tarp is also your poncho...

In GEAR » Tent Users vs. Tarp Users...
October 22, 7:47pm

If it fits, wear it
You bought very high quality gear that will last you a long time. Outdoor gear will provide you with a huge amount of joy and peace of mind compared to just about anything else you could buy (OK, s...

In GEAR » Buyer's Remorse?
October 21, 8:00pm

Re: Cuben products
I think it is interesting that there are so many packs made of Cuben (even if most of them are do it yourself jobs). I would think that a tent (or tarp) makes a lot more sense. If your main concern...

In GEAR » New Bozeman Mountain Works Oware Cuben Alphamini shelter!
October 19, 6:00pm

Socks and Pads
I too have a problem with cold feet. They are usually the first part of me that gets cold. I bought some fleece socks at REI (fairly cheap) in a larger size and use those over my regular socks. Mak...

In GEAR » Help! My wife still too cold.
October 18, 2:20pm

Advantage of Synthetics in Thin Clothing
I don't know much about making clothes, but it was my understanding that synthetic gear could be made without a "shim", thus making the construction (not counting the fill) lighter. I...

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 20, 10:46am

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm