November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 871 - 880 of 976 | Page: 1 ...79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98

Forum » Thread

Another option (I have no idea if these are any good but I've been tempted to give them a try):

In GEAR » Snow travel options
January 04, 6:59pm

Lightweight Shell
I have a full zip pair of fleece pants I use in the winter. I too would like some sort of lightweight shell. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find really lightweight full-zip wind pants (o...

In GEAR » Pants layering options
December 18, 7:06pm

Make it Yourself?
Yeah, you may have to make it yourself or do some significant modification on a couple of quilts. I like Allison's idea of sealing the edges of a quilt. That is the main reason I didn't go ...

In GEAR » 2-Person Sleep Systems: Pads, Quilts, etc.
December 07, 4:53pm

2 Person Bags or Quilts
There are a couple threads which talk about such things: My wife and I decided on the Feathered Friends Penguin ( a...

In GEAR » 2-Person Sleep Systems: Pads, Quilts, etc.
December 06, 3:50pm

Re: Help me shed some weight!
I would definitely get new rain gear. Personally, I would recommend a propore jacket (O2, Drop Stoppers, etc.). They are fragile, but cheap. You will probably need to replace it after a while, but ...

In GEAR » Help me shed some weight!
November 09, 11:03am

Great Comments
Ron, Nice comments. I agree with you. Much of what makes a tent roomy or not depends on the design. The tent is plenty long enough, but a bit narrow. This goes well with the overall design of the ...

In GEAR » New Six Moon Designs "Refuge"
November 09, 10:42am

Re: "Two man shelter"??
Bob: That is why I call it a 1.5 man tent. Ron is not alone in making a small two man tent though. There are a number of tent makers who make similarly tight tents. I used to have a Eureka Zeus2, t...

November 08, 6:50pm

It is hard to spot the link, as it is one word (hover over the word "this").

November 07, 10:16pm

Miracle Fabric
I have no idea what fabric you are talking about. If there was something that was lighter than epic but just as breathable and waterproof, I would expect it to show up in jackets first. Feathered F...

In GEAR » Condensation fix for single wall tents ?
November 07, 5:56pm

Ron's been talking about this tent for a while (although not very loudly): The Cuben version is sure tempting. I have only a couple concerns. One, the size seems to b...

November 07, 12:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm