Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Daniel Goldenberg (dag4643) - BPL Guest

My Locale Pacific Northwet
About Me Daniel Goldenberg has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 871 - 880 of 889 | Page: 1 ...70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

Forum » Thread

Re: Any Tricks for Working with Down?
Maybe you could pin down the areas before cutting them. Additionally, if you are just making the bag narrower, and if the baffles are continuous, you might be able to shift down out of the areas...

In Make Your Own Gear » Any Tricks for Working with Down?
July 28, 10:16pm

Re: PossumDown Glove Shell
Ourdoor Research has some rain mitts that work well. They are made of Goretex or something similar and are very light, about 1 oz. Dan

In GEAR » PossumDown Glove Shell
July 26, 1:00pm

Re: cutting the bottom out of a top bag
looking at the SD wicked light, size long, the widths are 64" at shoulder, 61" at waist, and 43" at the foot. arc alpinist has "usable width" of 55", 45", and 38"; the ghost is smaller. Nathan,...

In GEAR » Ultralight sleeping bag
July 25, 7:48am

Kilts for hiking
I would recommend a mesh insert when in mosquito country :)

In GEAR » skirt vs. pants
July 20, 8:58am

Re: cycling cape
Cycling capes are really fun when you get hit by a strong gust of wind from the side, especially when you are riding in traffic.

In GEAR » Poncho v. Rain Suit
July 08, 5:38pm

Cut down pads
I had a ridge rest but just couldn't get comfortable on it (or foam pads in general). I just recently purchased the torsolite pad and have used it a couple of times. I also have a prolite 3 Sh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jay Ham's Cut Down Thermarest
June 28, 1:18pm

Jay Ham's Cut Down Thermarest
The recent canyon trip photo report mentions that Jay had a sub 10 oz cut down thermarest pad. I'm wondering if Jay or anybody who has tried this could elaborate on the technique for doing the mod...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jay Ham's Cut Down Thermarest
June 28, 12:22pm

Re: UL Bike Touring
One interesting piece of equipment several guys are using is an auto windshield sun screen as a ground pad. These are the ones that are made of like 1/8 foam with a mylar layer.

In Other Activities » BICYCLE TOURING
June 21, 9:18am

Torso length pads
Is anyone that is a stomach sleeper using a torso length pad? I've been experimenting by triming a closed cell foam pad. When on your back not much of your legs make contact with the ground but on ...

In GEAR » Torso length pads
June 16, 4:46pm

Snow Peak Titanium Bowl
Wondering if anybody has tried using the Snowpeak Titanium bowl for an extremely light kitchen setup. The bowl is 1.6 oz and has a 20 oz capacity. A foil lid would add about .1oz or so for a 1.7 oz...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Titanium Bowl
June 14, 11:29am

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ultralight Outdoor Gear (UK) Various
In Great Britain. Excellent selection of goods. This review is written from the perspective of somebody living in the USA. While a majority of the products will be available in the USA, there are many...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 26, 7:17pm

Six Moon Designs Serenity NetTent
This is an initial review based on setting up the shelter in my backyard. The Serenity NetTent is a fully enclosed bug shelter with integrated floor designed for use with the gatewood cape, or as a st...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
March 14, 9:29am

Backcountry.com
I've ordered many times from backcountry.com, and a few times from their outlet (steepandcheap.com) and had great service. The shipping is super fast. On a Wednesday night I placed an order, Thurs...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 18, 8:11am

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
This is a real nice shirt for hot weather. I also own the eco mesh shirt and I like this one better since you can roll up the sleeves better. There are a few things I don't like however: 1. ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 09, 11:17am

Zeiss Mini Quick
A 5x10 monocular. 0.7 oz. The size of a large pen. Clips to your shirt pocket. A pair of binoculars would be nice to have but the lightest pairs are about 1/2 lb, so a bit of a luxury for the ultralig...

In Miscellaneous Products
November 04, 9:35pm

Java Juice Coffee Extract
This stuff is really great! I'm primarily an espresso drinker and don't like most drip coffee. This stuff to me tastes better than drip coffee, even that made from good fresh beans. Up till now I've b...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 22, 6:55pm

GU Energy Gel
This stuff actually works great. Unlike energy bars, these are easily and quickly digested and give you a pretty quick energy boost. They are just the thing to get you going when the energy is getting...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
August 09, 9:10pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
This latest version is just awsome, it puts out a lot of light for it's size. The light currently seems to be packaged with the optional clip (a $4.95 value). The clip really is a de-rigour item. ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 09, 8:58pm

Smartwool Microweight Fitted T
I've long been a fan of wool for cooler weather but this is the first wool garment I've been able to wear in really hot weather. Well made with a good fit. breathes well. I honestly can't think of ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
August 09, 9:20am

Granite Gear Airspace Stuffsacks
These are silnylon stuffsacks but rectangular shaped and with a zipper down the middle. They are like a men's toiletry bag but made with ultralight materials. The nylon is kind of a translucent white ...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 04, 9:03am