BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 861 - 870 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ...111

Forum » Thread

Lightweight Camp / Water crossing Sandles
I have these and they weigh 1.8 oz. for a pair of size large. They are not extremely durable (or comfortable) but economical and very light.

In GEAR » Lightweight Camp / Water crossing Sandles
July 06, 7:57am

test

In User Test Forum » test
July 03, 8:25pm

Lightest water treatment/filtration
If I was looking for the lightest weight system that covered almost all of the bases, I'd use chlorine dioxide in combination with a drinking straw like This one . I actually do carry this ...

In GEAR » Lightest water treatment/filtration
July 03, 8:20pm

batteries...
I used the ones that came with the solar charger and they worked fine in my tests at home. On my first trip out it was quite cold and the rechargeables were dead the first time I tried to use the S...

In GEAR » container for Steripen Adventurer
June 28, 11:39pm

Container for Steripen Adventurer
Sheila - I think it's important to remember that you will probably be taking water from sources that are considered pretty safe. We are not dealing with toxic waste; we are just trying to r...

June 28, 9:53am

Container for Steripen Adventurer
I use pretty much the same set up as Charles however, instead of a pop bottle, I cut 2 liter Platy in half and marked it with .5 and 1 liter marks. The Platy collapses so storage is not an issue.

June 27, 6:43pm

new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
I have an electronic compass in my Garmin GPS and in my watch and I don't use either of them. You have to calibrate them constantly and as mentioned above, they are error prone. Magellan made...

In GEAR » new garmins foretrex 301 and 401
June 27, 12:59am

Adventures in sleeping
My problem with my arms dropping off the edge of the 20 inch NeoAir is that it's cold unless you put something under your arms to keep them up off the ground. I use most of my extra clothing t...

In GEAR » Adventures in sleeping
June 24, 8:09pm

Adventures in sleeping
Ken - Thanks for posting a great series of photos. These types of comparisons really help. The large NeoAir looks like a real winner to me and when I see you on the 25 inch wide NeoAir compared...

In GEAR » Adventures in sleeping
June 23, 12:22am

Durability and comfort of Neo Air vs. Big Agnes pads
Ken - Post pictures of the Large (with a sleeping bag or person on it). I have the old BA insulated air core and a NeoAir. As long as I deflate the NeoAir a bit it works very well for me. I op...

In GEAR » Durability and comfort of Neo Air vs. Big Agnes pads
June 20, 8:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm