Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 861 - 870 of 1875 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ...188

Forum » Thread

stupid
The problem I see, is that doing this type of thing solo, is the plan if you become injured is usually for someone else to bail you out. What is your plan for a sprained ankle ? Are you carrying...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon -- Rim to River to Rim in August Is this Stupid
July 04, 1:51pm

wt
I know I can feel the change in balance when I put a 5 lb platy of water in the front pocket on my packs, about 10" away from my back. But even with 20% of the pack wt located that far from th...

In GEAR » Arc Blast vs. Blast
July 04, 11:03am

stakes
I like ti shepherd hood stakes, because they are light and cheap, and will go into any hard soil the easiest. If they wont work alone in soft soil or duff, there is usually rocks and sticks avai...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
July 03, 5:09pm

frequency
Just depends. Dont bother most of the time. Maybe a wet bandana wipe down once/week if really dirty and dusty like out west in dry conditions. Simply doesnt bother me At end of a long d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How often do you take showers (and deal with hygiene) while in the woods?
July 02, 5:09pm

suggestions
Ill echo what others said. Philmont is about 1) camaraderie 2) programs 3) tackling obstacles as a team. It is not about simply hiking, there is better hiking to be found elsewhere much chea...

In Philmont » WHAT ARE YOUR "BIG 5" SUGGESTIONS?
July 01, 2:40pm

sweat
Your back will get sweaty in hot weather with any pack where the fabric hugs your back. Some packs will end up totally soaked with sweat in hot weather, and leave white salt marks when dry out....

In GEAR » Packs & Back Sweat
June 14, 3:41pm

sunscreen
I take a 20ml dropper bottle , with the tip removed (~3/8" opening) out it weighs about 0.7 oz pretty full of sunscreen. Just enough for tips of nose, ears, neck kind of areas IF needed. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightest Sunblock container? SEEMS crazy, but it all adds up, right??
June 11, 7:19pm

heat
It was 115 a few days across central Kansas last summer, and all the residents of that state didnt drop like flies. Older people are VERY sensitive to heat stroke and heat related illnesses. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Temp of 115 kills hiker
June 10, 7:41pm

eat
Just eat it. Same calories, wet or dry.

In GEAR » No Pot, No Mug - Only Dehydrated Food. What to do??
June 09, 8:19pm

hole
how small is really small? Mine has a small hole from a flying campfire ember, about 1/16" diameter. I figured the best thing to do aesthetically was just to leave it alone.

In GEAR » Nano Puff: tips on patching a small hole
June 09, 6:23pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm