BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 861 - 870 of 1652 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ...166

Forum » Thread

distance
Yep, Kleenstrip green leaves NASTY sticky varnish on pot. Everclear will leave some light soot, more if burning with restricted air (rich). SLX burns cleanest. I actually often spike SLX (5...

In GEAR » Stove to Pot distance for alcohol?
February 13, 10:56am

39dollarglasses
I have had nothing but great service and experience with 39dollarglasses.com. One pair I had developed cracks around edge of a lense 5 mos later, sent it in and they remade the lenses no problem...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Source for UL Precription Sunglasses or Lenses
February 12, 5:53pm

golite
golite just plain sucks. their stuff is mostly heavy. when they do make something good, by pure accident i imagine, they immediately change it or discontinue it. their stuff is never in st...

In GEAR » New 2013 Golite Gear
February 08, 2:46pm

belts
Not an uncommon issue.

In GEAR » Frames and hipbelt connections, generally,  and Osprey Hornet
February 08, 12:33pm

yeah
looks like them. they have a light sage green, a darker olive like the scouts, and khaki. Just not all of them, all the time. Its seasonal or something. I think my small weighs about 12.6oz if ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » UL pants close to official BSA color?
February 07, 4:26pm

pants
I wear $20 ones from Academy sports that match. If you cant find any, there is always RIT dye too. But honestly, so you need to worry about it. Any shade of olive,khaki works generally. We ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » UL pants close to official BSA color?
February 07, 2:41pm

pay
If you have a problem with it, by all means pay the fees yourself, just see that the seller gets the intended amt. pretty darn simple. I dont think theres a lot of scammers on BPL.

In Gear Swap » Ethics/Morality... Or Pay Pal Gift???
February 07, 2:38pm

bush
"Bushcraft" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about their destructive camping practices. Building permanent shelters, even of natural materials, on public lands...

In GEAR » Bushcrafting Gear!!!
February 03, 12:06pm

foster
love my flat bottom foster pot. But I have rust appearing in the bottom seam in spots where the coating on the steel bottom has failed. Not a big issue mind you. Just points to room for improve...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
February 02, 11:43pm

floor
if you can get the 1.1 tyvek lawson was selling a while back, thats lighter than the cuben. make a bathtub floor and tie in just like the zpacks floor. the mesh provides a lot of protection for...

In GEAR » Floor for a cuben tent
February 02, 8:33pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm