Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 861 - 870 of 1781 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ...179

Forum » Thread

sounds good
Pretty much sounds like my philosophy ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 08, 7:12pm

in your head
Its all in your head. Cold food is fine, you are just not conditioned to eating some kinds of things cold.

In GEAR » Cold Freeze Dried???
May 08, 5:18pm

cold
I have heard of people doing that, leaving it in the sun on top of pack, etc to warm up a bit. Never have done it myself.

In GEAR » Cold Freeze Dried???
May 07, 7:17pm

protection
Its been a few years since I read about it, but I recall that sunscreen data does not support that sunscreen reduces skin cancer. In fact, it may even cause it, either directly by decomposition of...

In GEAR » Understanding UV protection
May 06, 8:19pm

vultures
After falling 980 feet, if she wasnt dead she was probably beyond caring. Dont know what kind of vultures they have over there, but ones where I am will get on an animal that is dying. Ive shot ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vultures eat hiker
May 06, 6:03pm

water
His latest post indicates they know who did it: A group of 5 hiker that left Silver City the same day as they did.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 05, 5:40pm

filter
sounds like a normal filter to me. replace the element and it will improve, for a very short period of time. Not being sarcastic, just blunt. You are citing the exact reason why so many av...

In GEAR » MSR Miniworks filters very slow
May 05, 3:39pm

not like
Well, I did wake up one night recently and felt like I had a flashlight shining in my face. It was a full moon. The inside of my tent was almost like daylight. Aside from that, the no-stretch i...

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber - what's not to like?
May 04, 3:35pm

hex
I would do without the netting under me, before I would do without the netting around me. I agree it reduces ventillation a bit. But the point is, you have it and do not pitch it tight to groun...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid questions
May 04, 3:31pm

fbc
Freezer bag weights DO add up. A dedicated lightwt plastic dish and cozy is weight-competitive with it. But you still have to wash it So FBC wins. Some people will take a mountainhouse meal, ...

In GEAR » Freezer bag cooking vs. pot cooking - weight of boil-in-bag bags?
May 04, 3:24pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm