BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 861 - 870 of 1519 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ...152

Forum » Thread

shock cord.
Also consider tie-ing the front shock cord on that holds the beak down. It has 2 little mitten hooks, one for each end. Joe sent me another one because mine was lost, fell of while packing tent u...

In GEAR » Hexamid Twin size
October 13, 10:14am

WS
I agree, its generally a pretty bad thing to do to construct the shelters. There is nothing LNT about it. Do it on a well used scout reservation where it doesnt matter. Pretty much a joke to...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Wilderness Survival MB- Low Impact Shelters
October 13, 10:05am

twin
Plan to put seam sealer on the sewing at the corners where the loops are that the shock cord attaches to inside, keep water from running down the shock cord to your groundsheet. Any extra water ins...

October 13, 9:55am

obsessive
I dont think so. It can be part of the evolution though. What I mean is, we start out as conventional heavy hikers, and find out how to lighten up. Then once the big items are lighter, a l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is every ultralighter obsessive?
October 13, 9:35am

daypack
I use a sea to summit ultrasil daypack. 2.4 oz for a daypack. I have a robust lumbar pack I bought years ago for skiing. Not that useful really, too small. A backpack is easier to manage on/o...

In GEAR » Do you use a fanny or lumbar pack?
October 13, 6:58am

facts
I would like to see real data on infection with giardia, i.e. controlled studies. There is controlled infectious study data on Cryptosporidium. Possibly because it has infected municipal water ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Just the facts m'am
October 13, 6:30am

styrofoam all the way.
get a styrofoam cup, keep it in your cookpot to keep it from crushing. 0.1 oz. It doesnt get any lighter, cheaper, easier.

In GEAR » Lightweight Coffee Cup Recommendations Please
October 12, 4:31pm

sad
sad, they made decent lightwt stuff for the price.

In GEAR » Stoic brand being discontinued?
October 11, 10:47pm

foster pot
Stick 2 titanium tent stakes thru a small tight fitting windscreen, and you wont need a pot support. An alcohol stove depends more on the windscreen, than the stove. They all do about the same ...

In GEAR » Fosters Pot Stove??
October 11, 5:05pm

groundsheet
"Re: "If your groundsheet touches this, the water flows right onto it. You could wake up to a gallon of water on your floor in no time." He makes a bathtub ground sheet in the Twin /...

October 11, 4:39pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm