BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 861 - 870 of 1668 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ...167

Forum » Thread

rubber bands
While I dont share the unhealthy pre-occupation with rubber bands that apparently some others do, I use them a lot too. Each weighs 0.04 oz, and get included in my spreadsheet. They take the place ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rubber band.....rubber band man.
February 23, 5:35pm

smokies
That portion of the BMT along the lake is not real exciting. Sounds like you are trying to make a loop for convenience. Lots of folks around there will shuttle you, a loop is not necessary. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help with Smokies Trip
February 23, 3:55pm

wt
The scnozzle pumpbag is also a pack liner save 2.3 oz or use nylofume and save 1.2 oz ditch the pillow save 2.6 lighter spoon, save 0.2 ditch pot grabber, use bandana or such - 0.4 neckwarm...

In Gear Lists » First <15 lb. Base Weight
February 22, 8:16pm

quilt
Get an EE 40F quilt revelation. Have Tim do lighter straps,like used to. the ones he is using now are too heavy IMO, a step in wrong direction. You should be able to get it about 15 oz Wear...

In GEAR » 2013 lightest 30-40F sleep options
February 21, 7:36pm

coffee
styrofoam coffee cup, store it in your little pot.

In GEAR » Coffee - carry a mug?
February 21, 5:22pm

I wouldnt plan on using a 20F comfortably above about ~55F, even as a quilt, but a lot depends on humidity. 60 degree summer nights in the appalachians are the reason I bought a 40F quilt. I wa...

In GEAR » Summer bag + quilt = max versatility?
February 20, 8:09pm

mesh
Dust isnt that big a deal. It comes thru the mesh, thru your sock, and builds up over a couple days. Your feet do get to be filthy. Wiping them off at night is all I find I need to do. And changi...

In GEAR » Running gear for backpacking
February 19, 8:35pm

melanzana
Try a melanzana microgrid hoody If your stuck on a technical fleece look that makes you look like you are from the future, you wont like it. If you want a great piece of comfortable gear you will...

In GEAR » Can't find a good fleece!
February 18, 5:18pm

versatility
Summerlite is a 35F bag, not a 25-30F bag. I would say the opposite. Get a WM ultralite for 17-40F conditions. Get a synthetic quilt for 40-70F conditions, and combine the two with synthetic ...

In GEAR » Summer bag + quilt = max versatility?
February 18, 5:09pm

WTB pyramid inner for 3-4 person
If youve got a pyramid inner net /bathtub floor for 3-4 persons you arent using, I need one.

In Gear Swap » WTB pyramid inner for 3-4 person
February 18, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm