Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 861 - 870 of 1807 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ...181

Forum » Thread

frameless
Sometimes saving that last 1lb possible, is not smart. Does a 7 lb baseweight really have much advantage over a 8 lb? Not if its less comfortable overall, and doesnt carry heavy food loads well.

In GEAR » Frameless Packs: Avoiding the tube with straps?
May 17, 9:50pm

solo
Sleep with ear plugs. Listen to small radio before go to sleep

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me go Solo!
May 17, 8:36pm

No way
There are times when its cool enough you have to cover up. I have a summer quilt, because a 30F one is too hot @55-60F. When you cover you sweat, when you uncover you are cold.

In GEAR » 10F EE RevX Quilt too warm in summer?
May 17, 7:06pm

sitpad
1. Use a CCF pad and keep it rolled up on top of your pack. It will also be your sit pad. Cheapest and lightest option. 2. Use a short inflateable, and use a GG nightlight for your lower legs....

In GEAR » Sit Pad options?
May 16, 4:52pm

wt
Frameless UL packs are most comfortable when packed loosely so that they conform to your back. If you cant do that, you are in the realm of trading comfort for lighter pack weight. Be sure its ...

In GEAR » Frameless Packs: Avoiding the tube with straps?
May 15, 9:13pm

imogene 3
interested. PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Imogene UL3 tent
May 15, 3:30pm

Montrail
In my experience, Nike runs the smallest of all shoes Ive had. Montrail seems about normal

In GEAR » How are Montrails sized?
May 15, 3:22pm

shoe
what is GNP? Glacier National Park? But im still pretty sure you dont need boots to hike it.

In GEAR » Another shoe recommendation thread
May 15, 3:18pm

proto
Looks great. "My loads are just too small and lightweight to justify using such a large and heavy pack.(7-8 pound base weight with a 2.5 pound pack? " Its not the base weight that m...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Backpack Prototype
May 14, 7:23pm

water
I recalls the guide showing water there, but I didnt see it or what form it was in. It wasnt in the restrooms, they were pit toilets. I remember having about 1L getting there, and drinking most o...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Springer Mountain to Woody Gap (GA Section of AT) - Where is the water???
May 14, 7:15pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm