Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 861 - 870 of 1368 | Page: 1 ...78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ...137

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fun arithmatix with EinsteinX
O.K., So, using Pi, 42,000 km gives the earth’s diameter 13,369 km. Since there are 360* in a circle, 10* is 1/36th of distance. So 1/36th of 42,000 divided by Pi of the 10* or 600nm or 1...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fun arithmatix with EinsteinX
July 21, 7:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Fun arithmatix with EinsteinX
And on top of that, the only way I can make sense of anything you can so easily make sense of is to use Nautical Miles for the distance. So in reality this is going to take me 3x longer to figure ...

July 21, 6:17pm

Re: Re: Fun arithmatix with EinsteinX
EinsteinX, You and your stupid Kilometers. Why? Now it's going to take me twice as long to figure this out. Thank's a lot for rubbing it in that us Americans have to multiply everything...

July 21, 6:12pm

Re: Lassen Fastpack August 23-24?
Deleted

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lassen Fastpack August 23-24?
July 13, 11:26pm

Re: Re: Fire in lieu of sleeping gear?
When you look at what early hikers did, going out with a wool blanket in freezing temps, there are options they also used to keep warm if got too cold. The fire is obvious as well as the heated ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Fire in lieu of sleeping gear?
July 03, 12:54pm

Re: Are you spreading the UL Gospel
I try spreading the SUL Gospel here and it doesn't work! I've talked to one person up in the high Sierra's with a 50 something pound pack on who wanted to lighten up because he had s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Are You Spreading the UL Gospel?
July 03, 12:35pm

Re: JMT Summer Record Attempts!!!
Hey Bill, Rules, what rules; Isn't it MOST SUPPORTED anyway? The chickens are already on the list! We will be pre-hiking the final day where everbody keeps getting lost for some reason an...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Things to come on the JMT this summer!!!
June 29, 10:16pm

Re: GoLite waterproof-breathable Jackets
The Phantom is made from Packlite. Good Stuff!!!

In GEAR » GoLite waterproof-breathable Jackets
June 28, 6:26pm

JMT Summer Record Attempts!!!
It's looking like the John Muir Trail will be heating up this summer. There will be at least 1 in both the Unsupported and the Supported attempts. The "who" are the surprises! ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Things to come on the JMT this summer!!!
June 28, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Packrafting is getting old
On another note, I've tried to get together a group a few times for backpacking in unique places and for people to meet other BPL'ers. The first was hours of work to get everything sche...

In Editor's Roundtable » An Ultralighter Paddles on the Dark Side: Packrafting a Remote Canyon "Heavy" Style
June 25, 2:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm