BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 851 - 860 of 902 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Forum » Thread

NZ
here and here should be useful. The Lp book is quite good. I would also check out Classic Tramping in New Zealand Shaun Barnett and Rob Brown for inspiration and Bird's Eye Guide: Tramping i...

In Gear Lists » Gear/Trip Advice for New Zealand and Antarctica
August 12, 4:06pm

Quilts
I'm not hating on Tim (Tim looks plenty capable of sticking up for himself as well:). I just felt that the use of the word crap/crappy twice and stating that there is no point in anyone ever bu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ray-Way quilts: DWR and insulation
August 10, 7:23pm

Ray-Way quilts: DWR and insulation
+ 1 to Jim's comments from me. Also it seems to me that Ray has done more than most to encourage MYOG.

In Make Your Own Gear » Ray-Way quilts: DWR and insulation
August 10, 3:52pm

Quilts
If you click on the links I gave you will see how a quilt works (they are similar to the blanket you linked to originally). More info in this BPL article here. As has been said most people use down...

In GEAR » Think it would be warm for 30-40F tempatures?
August 08, 4:23am

Quilts
Have look here for good value and here for make your own and if you have the $s here. BPL also sell synthetic quilts. No way I can see the Thermarest one getting you anywhere near 30F unless you ar...

In GEAR » Think it would be warm for 30-40F tempatures?
August 08, 1:13am

Montbell gaiters
Montbell do these ones in softshell fabric.

In GEAR » Gaiter recommendation?
July 31, 3:55pm

Polar mids
potential of mids not exactly light weight though :)

In GEAR » Highest Winds Experienced in Pyramids / Mids / Hex / Tipi etc. ? (+ Intro)
July 29, 6:42pm

Wind and mids
Hi Chris, Nice to see another freelance nature photographer and naturescapes.net devotee over here. Whenever someone asked a backpacking question on naturescapes.net I always sent them here.:) A...

In GEAR » Highest Winds Experienced in Pyramids / Mids / Hex / Tipi etc. ? (+ Intro)
July 29, 4:15pm

Kgear
http://kgear.com/h/ would also be worth a look

In Photography » Fastening a DSLR to pack straps
July 27, 12:05am

Recent thread
There is a recent thread that went into this in "great" detail. Mike, however, has pretty much sumarized it for you. For most people in most of the conditions we are likely to encounter a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stream crossings with one pair of shoes?
July 25, 1:03am

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am