Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 851 - 860 of 912 | Page: 1 ...73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Forum » Thread

chest packs
My camera chest pack sat in between the shoulder straps and was close to the chest - hence the problems I found. The Aarn system seems to get round these problems well. As Aarn packs are made right...

In GEAR » The use of chest packs to distribute weight?
September 08, 8:16pm

chest packs
I have used a camera chest pack, but found that in warm too hot weather I got very over heated and sweaty and gave up on the idea. However, it seems to work well for many people and in cool/cold we...

In GEAR » The use of chest packs to distribute weight?
September 08, 5:52pm

Shock and awe
I think nutfancy is taking the shock and awe approach to backpacking. I also like the way he refers to himself in the third person, like a boxer. However, each to his own I say, as long as you get ...

In GEAR » SUH Backpacking...
September 07, 5:19pm

Entrance to bug bivy
I have been thinking of getting one of these in combo with a Duomid, but the zip being on the top looks a bit awkward to me in terms of getting in and out. Apart from that it looks like a good way ...

In GEAR » MLD Bug Bivy Modification
September 05, 4:16pm

Question
+1 to the question above (except I live in New Zealand). The Duomid will be perfect for my use I think.

In GEAR » MLD DuoMid / SuperMid Insert
September 04, 9:25pm

mid-layer
If you only occasionally need the fleece for cold rain I would consider getting the jacket and then also carrying the fleece for those few times when you think extended cold rain is possible. The f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » mid-layer struggles
September 01, 1:23pm

UL shop and stock levels of cottage players
I would take a look at http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/. They keep everything in stock, which is a huge plus when ordering online. I ordered a Shangri-la 6 from them and it arrived here in N...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best place to open an UL backpacking store.
August 31, 8:02pm

Sleeves
lots here

In GEAR » Cycling arm warmers
August 28, 7:36pm

Magic Quilts
Me pee lot too. Also must sleep on side - back bad. Also can do giant turtle impression when wearing no-sniveler. Also think Lynn have point - quilts not magic - no matter how many dollars you ...

In GEAR » Quilts, quilts, quilts
August 13, 6:44pm

Books
Which LP book are you referring to? Tramping In New Zealand. It has small maps and lots of useful information on the logistics of doing the tramps. Personally I wouldn't recommend the Pickering...

In Gear Lists » Gear/Trip Advice for New Zealand and Antarctica
August 12, 4:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am