Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 11981 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1199

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Any shelter design suggestions?
"Are you considering pyramids or half-mids?" Frankly, no. To me, a pyramid is an effective design for a rather large tent. I have no experience with a half-mid, but they seem to be ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Any shelter design suggestions?
March 28, 7:22pm

Re: Video of my cook kit
You may have chosen 1.5 cups of water to boil since that is what you do in the field. I think most stove comparisons are standardized for 2 cups of water. You might get completely different resu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Video of my cook kit
March 28, 7:18pm

Re: fake down booties?
I did a Polarguard bootie kit once many years ago. The inner sole was closed cell foam covered by nylon. The outer sole was a tough Cordura nylon with some texture. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » fake down booties?
March 28, 7:16pm

Re: Re: Any shelter design suggestions?
I think that there is a growing number of manufacturers that would have us believe that. Personally, I see the usefulness of cuben fiber, but it seems terribly overpriced. I have an allergy to t...

March 28, 6:31pm

Re: Who's got a titanium pot they want to sell??
Today I saw one of the small Imusa pots for $3.99. I was almost tempted to buy it for the principle of the matter. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » Who's got a titanium pot they want to sell??
March 28, 6:24pm

Re: Tax Cheats: Young, Single and Male
There was a similar study done some years ago about what people would do in the event of a huge catastrophe (such as a major earthquake that devastates a wide area). Young, single males are much...

In Chaff » Tax Cheats: Young, Single and Male
March 28, 6:19pm

Re: Anyone use tent poles in place of trekking poles for their tarp or tarp-tent?
I don't use trekking poles, either. My early shelter pole systems used fiberglas tent poles (from a replacement kit). Of course, those are a bit heavy. I went to Fibraplex carbon fiber poles...

In GEAR » Anyone use tent poles in place of trekking poles for their tarp or tarp-tent?
March 28, 4:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Cascade Designs
"Where does one go to buy things like a refurbished 5 megapixel camera on the cheap, if that's all one needs?" I don't know of any dependable place. The problem scenario goe...

In GEAR » Cascade Designs
March 28, 4:14pm

Any shelter design suggestions?
I own shelters that weigh less than one pound, and for summertime weather in the Sierra Nevada, I generally don't need to plan for weeks of continuous rain. A brief rain shower is common, so I ...

March 28, 4:00pm

Re: Re: Sunscreen Container
Go to a drug store where they have Trial Size samples of different products, like sunscreen. Get a 1-ounce bottle. That much sunscreen ought to hold you for a good trip. Then, at home, you can refi...

In GEAR » Sunscreen Container
March 28, 12:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.