BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 11443 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: Gardiner Basin - a beautiful area
Bryan, I liked your trip report. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Cross Country Questions
February 06, 8:22pm

Re: Sixty Lakes And Gardiner Basin
There is a certain rascally herd of bighorn sheep rams that can be found around the trail to Sixty Lakes. They probably come over Baxter Pass, which is where the female herd probably is. --B.G.--

February 06, 3:40pm

Re: Peninsula Carpool from Palo Alto
What you guys might want to do is to organize a carpool point at the bottom of the road to Henry Coe (East Dunne at 101). That would be the McDonalds parking lot. The Henry Coe park staff will b...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 05, 9:11pm

Re: Sixty Lakes Basin To JMT Questions
"Can you go cross-country heading North/Northwest out of Sixty Lakes basin and into the Baxter Creek or Dollar Lake area?" Yes, I think so. There was some discussion here a year or so ...

February 05, 8:57pm

Re: Cell phone camera with optical zoom
First of all, let me go on record as being a normal photographer with normal DSLR cameras. I do own a cell phone that I seldom use. It will shoot the simplest of photos, and I do not claim to be a ...

In GEAR » Cell phone camera with optical zoom
February 05, 8:48pm

Re: Caldera Cone Case Ideas?
I fully understand that the screw threads of the caddy are intended to lock the two pieces together. However, if you use one piece as a soup bowl, you end up with food debris in the threads. I keep...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Case Ideas?
February 05, 5:06pm

Re: Another round of hats, bigger and ..more manly??
I'll bet the alpaca and merino wools are pretty soft. Whatever you do, don't knit with yak wool. I have a yak wool cap that is the scratchiest darn thing. It is so coarse and tough that ...

In Gear Deals » Another round of hats, bigger and ..more manly??
February 05, 5:03pm

Re: Caldera Cone Case Ideas?
The Caldera Cone caddy is supposed to be the solution. However, it is a bit heavy. Something like a cut-off Gatorade bottle is lighter. I have the Ti-Tri Caldera with a 900ml pot, so the metal i...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Case Ideas?
February 05, 4:56pm

Re: newbie snow shoe advice
The first thing that I had to learn on snowshoes was to not try to follow the cross country skiers. The skiers will contour around, back and forth, or zigzag their way up a slope and across it. Tha...

In Winter Hiking » newbie snow shoe advice
February 05, 4:25pm

Re: Re: Shelters for Alaska
"Keeping the weight down is an issue, I think it is around 220 lbs per person." I flew on a Cessna 206 one time out of Homer. They warned us in advance that each passenger was allowed ...

In GEAR » Shelters for Alaska
February 05, 3:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.