BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 11085 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1109

Forum » Thread

Re: speed of a flash card
As a general rule, the "speed" of a CF card is _mostly_ based on the speed that your camera can write to it. The speed that you can read back from it tends to be comparable, yet of differ...

In Photography » speed of a flash card
December 14, 9:45pm

Re: Condor Trail
Ticks, rattlesnakes, and poison oak. What's not to love? --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New 400 mile Condor Trail to span Los Padres NF.
December 14, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dreams
I grew up near one of the first pumped storage energy projects. I think it was done almost 50 years ago. It uses 3 watts of energy to pump the water uphill, and then when it runs back down, 2 watts...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
December 14, 2:58pm

Re: Can your cat do this?
My black and white kitty can stand on its front paws. --B.G.--

In Chaff » Can Your Cat Do This?
December 14, 2:50pm

Re: Trekking Poles vs. Walking Staff
I've never felt the need for any trekking poles. One exception was for one summer season after I had a knee reconstruction. The other exception was a high expedition when I had an extra heavy l...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles vs. Walking Staff
December 13, 11:56pm

Re: WTB Bearikade Scout, Weekender, or BearVault 450
Brad, when you get to Yosemite, this is what you will have for a Welcome Wagon committee: They don't want to do you any harm, they just want the darned food! --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB Bearikade Scout, Weekender, or BearVault 450
December 13, 11:52pm

Re: Thanks
Brandt, I believe that you will find that few experienced backpackers carry the expensive and heavy commercial first aid kits. For one thing, many of them have heavy cases that you don't need. ...

In Gear Lists » Trying to go Ultralight
December 13, 8:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best backpacking in your area
At the last time that I was up that direction, it was east toward Kalispell MT, but it was early November. The good news is that the furbearing animals have their winter coats by then, so they tend...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best backpacking in your area
December 13, 8:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Skill
If you are trying to compete for fire skills, that is one kind of human contest. A completely different contest would compare one stove against a rival stove, but then also you would need to have a...

In GEAR » Woodburning stove "Burn-Off"
December 13, 6:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best backpacking in your area
Griz? Now we're talking. Unfortunately, that would require me to carry my bear spray along with the camera gear. Griz and mountain lions could get a little dangerous. However, martens, fishe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best backpacking in your area
December 13, 5:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.