BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 11288 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1129

Forum » Thread

Re: Pelton Wheel
Dan, the two parts are the water wheel and the generator. You would have to build those into a submersible housing and then fasten it by a wire to hold it in the water current. I think that diam...

In GEAR » another non-battery powered light source?
January 14, 3:17pm

Re: No bear canisters in Spain
"In Spain we don’t have/need bear canisters, so that’s why I didn’t know a key was needed to open them. I get the idea. Thanks." Henk, we could arrange to have some Yosemite blac...

In Make Your Own Gear » input on myog knife/tool
January 14, 2:58pm

Re: Re: Re: wet
"bring a some small candles" Does the size of the candle matter? --B.G.--

In Post-Trip Reports » Any backpacking area that is not wet/snowed out in the winter around Northern CA?
January 14, 2:54pm

Re: knife
"It seems like a lot of people on this site carry a necklace with a Photon Micro light, fire striker, whistle, and knife. What if it was all one thing!" As a general rule, a fire strik...

January 13, 11:36pm

Re: Re: Re: JMT Lite
Greg's suggestion about Evolution Valley is good. The only trick is in trying to hit the season just right for wildflowers. Since this year is beginning to shape up like a good snow year, I'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Sierra Hike in 7 days.
January 13, 6:45pm

Yosemite in Winter
Here is one good reason to go to Yosemite in winter, for snowshoeing or cross country skiing. This is Taft Point, looking across at El Capitan, and looking down into Yosemite Valley. --B.G.--

In Winter Hiking » Yosemite in Winter
January 13, 5:43pm

Re: Three parts wouldn't be enough
"Apologize for being so ignorant but, what’s a bear canister key?" There are several models of bear canisters, and they are all supposed to be almost impossible for a bear to open. F...

January 13, 4:34pm

Re: JMT Lite
"One option may be to start at Lake Sabrina and head over Piute Pass and pick up the JMT at Piute Canyon (near MTR)" A similar alternative is to start near Lake Sabrina at South Lake, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Sierra Hike in 7 days.
January 13, 12:44pm

Re: Why is my alcohol stove creating soot?
What is the distance from the top of the alcohol burner to the bottom of the cook pot? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Why is my alcohol stove creating soot?
January 12, 10:38pm

Re: "Snow Camping in the Southern Sierra (or anywhere for that matter)."
For a first trip, you might want to keep to an unplowed jeep road. That makes navigation easy, and also it has room for cross country skiers to be on one half and snowshoers to be on the other half...

In Winter Hiking » Snow Camping in the Southern Sierra (or anywhere for that matter).
January 12, 9:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.