Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: +1 On Fraying
I had purchased a cheap daypack years ago, and its fabric was fraying very early. I simply ran a line of seam sealer over each exposed seam, and that fixed it. Joann ripstop nylon is somewhere b...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1st ever MYOG: 2 oz day pack
June 30, 5:44pm

Re: Cooking in the rain
For sleeping purposes, I pitch a tarp so that the high point is about 40 inches off the ground. If it is a wind and rain storm, sometimes I pitch it slightly lower. For cooking purposes, I pitch a ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cooking in the rain
June 30, 4:49pm

Re: Help picking footwear for August JMT?
There won't be much snow left by August. Heavy leather waterproof boots would be about my last choice. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Help picking footwear for August JMT?
June 30, 1:36pm

Re: Anodizing Aluminum
We have identified several commercial food or beverage containers that are made from aluminum, and they are candidates for this treatment. This includes aluminum beer bottles, plus maybe soft drink...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anodizing Aluminum
June 29, 2:10am

Re: Re: Bear canister on SHR
When I first started using bear canisters over ten years ago, I didn't know what I was doing. My food for each day was taking up more than 200 cubic inches of volume. That doesn't work. I h...

In GEAR » Bear canister on SHR - two questions
June 29, 2:05am

Re: Scotch brite
It seems to me that any inside lining out to bake out with excess heat. Then there is the problem of optional color dyes. There are acid dyes and vegetable dyes for fabric. Apparently those can ...

June 29, 1:59am

Re: Miller Lite Bottle Pot and Cap Burner
If your burns are extra sooty, that suggests one of the following: 1. Insufficient air to the flame 2. Wrong flame gap to the pot, or pot is too cold 3. Low grade fuel --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Miller Lite Bottle Pot and Cap Burner
June 28, 9:56pm

Re: Re: Re: re: removing paint
Well, no, I don't have a glass bead blaster. Nor do I have a sand blaster. So far, methylene chloride paint stripper is having little effect. The only two things that are working are sandpap...

June 28, 5:31pm

Re: garlic for athlete's foot
That is a multi-use item. The garlic keeps away vampires. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Heavy Duty Summer Socks
June 28, 5:03pm

Re: Cooking pots ?? Coated or uncoated ??
The uncoated ones are slightly lighter. The coating can be handy if you do lots of complex cooking or with sauces that you don't want to burn. However, for just boiling water, you don't nee...

In GEAR » Cooking pots ?? Coated or uncoated ??
June 28, 5:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.