Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 12265 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1227

Forum » Thread

Re: So, you gonna detail that TP-less technique?!
If I run out of TP, I can always rip pages out of a small backpacker book. --B.G.--

In Editor's Roundtable » Interview with Mike Clelland!
April 16, 12:18am

Re: Rae Lakes Loop August 5-8
Frank, are you going clockwise or counterclockwise around the loop? Oh, well, I guess it doesn't matter too much. The bears will find you wherever you are. --B.G.--

In Gear Lists » Rae Lakes Loop August 5-8
April 15, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Central Missouri hikes
Yes, the KATY Trail is more of a one-way thru-hike. As a kid growing up in Missouri, I had to be content learning the outdoors right there. Indiana was someplace far out-east. In Missouri, and o...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Central Missouri?
April 15, 10:29pm

Re: Backpacking and Caving
Yes, Missouri is quite popular for its caves. I was a caver there in the 1960's and 1970's, including the Columbia area. I agree, those areas of southern Missouri are the best, but the c...

April 15, 10:03pm

Re: bakers cyst
Baker's Cyst is kind of a strange item. I had never heard of it until I got it one time. Typically, it starts from an injury or maybe from knee surgery. As a result, a little void forms next to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Soft tissue inflammation
April 15, 9:39pm

Re: Cental Missouri hikes
There's also the KATY Trail near Mokane. I always thought of Missouri as better caving country than backpacking country. --B.G.--

April 15, 9:29pm

Re: Re: Re: framed vs frameless
"I can "save" four ounces by just taking my camera out of my pack and slipping it into my pack. " Please explain how that works. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Re-thinking the Big 3....
April 15, 5:56pm

Re: Cookpot & Mugs for a couple
Maybe you prefer a cook mug like that. Alternatively, there are small 16-oz capacity teakettles that weigh less than 3 oz, so about the same as a Snowpeak 600. Then, with a couple of half-ounce pla...

In GEAR » Cookpot & Mugs for a couple
April 15, 3:49pm

Re: Re: FS: M50, Liberty Ridge black m90 kit, 30d heatseal, 5oz Climashield Apex
That's very interesting. I had just purchased the kit three weeks ago, and the pattern sheets that I received are clearly single size. Oh, well. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » FS: M50, Liberty Ridge black m90 kit, 30d heatseal, 5oz Climashield Apex
April 15, 2:47pm

Re: "Arcteryx leaf line is made in Canada but U.S. military considers them USA made" i don't think that's true.
Canada is American, but not U.S.A. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Creating an ALL USA MADE UL Gear List
April 14, 5:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.