Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 12443 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1245

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: snow
"trails opening up four to six weeks later than usual." That is a lot more pessimistic than what I was hoping to hear. I don't have any problem hiking over hard snow, if it were...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California - Sierra Nevada conditions
May 02, 11:28am

Re: snow
Those plots of the water content in the snow are important to the water resources people. However, they don't really say how deep the snow is or predict how fast it is melting off. Yes, we can ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California - Sierra Nevada conditions
May 02, 11:04am

Re: % to body weight
Once almost thirty years ago, I led an introductory ultralightweight group backpack trip. After the ground school, I told them to get packed up, and that their total pack weight should be no more t...

In GEAR » Fastpacking Gear
May 02, 10:48am

Re: Re: pot recommendations
"Find something that holds the amount of water that you want and is light. There isnt much to review from one titanium pot to another." Lots of people will differ on that. Some stov...

In GEAR » pot recommendations
May 02, 10:38am

Re: Winning
It appeared to be as unbearably slow as what I remembered from 1975. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Does this work for camping.
May 02, 12:33am

Re: Re: Does this work for camping.
I have some of the standard Sterno aluminum cans that are net weight 7 ounces. Obviously that is not a gallon. Probably closer to one cup. They are good for heating a small pot, but they are not mu...

May 01, 8:57pm

Re: Re: California - Sierra Nevada conditions
I understand what you are saying, Tom, but I have several different trips and events for the summer, and I have to fit them together into a 2-month or 3-month schedule. I understand about most o...

May 01, 8:51pm

California - Sierra Nevada conditions
This is May 1, and lots of PCT backpackers are heading out. Probably more are starting from the south to head north. Pretty soon they will hit the Sierra Nevada snow, and since it was such a big sn...

May 01, 7:44pm

Re: Does this work for camping.
I'm a little suspicious about the price. --B.G.--

May 01, 7:35pm

Re: Yosemite Permitting System
"I would think that Yosemite would look to it's neighbor, ( Inyo Nat'l Forest )" Inyo might be its neighbor, but it is not its brother. The national parks are part of the De...

In Chaff » Yosemite Permitting System
May 01, 6:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.