Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 12723 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1273

Forum » Thread

Re: A little ski tour
Excellent trip report. --B.G.--

In Winter Hiking » A little ski tour
June 04, 3:51pm

Re: Estimating fuel needed??
My estimate would be for about 25% more fuel than what it takes in your own backyard at home. Without knowing your wind shielding, initial water temperature, air temperature, and a few other fac...

In GEAR » Estimating fuel needed??
June 04, 2:10pm

Re: the UL camera
I wonder if there is a readable menu on that thing. --B.G.--

In GEAR » ul camera
June 04, 11:56am

Re: cameras
"D30" Do you mean D30, or 30D? A D30 is extremely old (more than ten years). A 30D is about half of that. By low focal ratio, I assume that you mean a low f-number. We call that ...

In Photography » Can anyone help me troubleshoot?
June 04, 11:53am

Re: Re: Re: empty bear cannister?
Another alternative to Lamarck Col is Echo Col. It intersects the JMT a couple of miles south of Muir Pass. I think it is Class 3. --B.G.--

In Post-Trip Reports » Lamarck Col to Mt Whitney
June 04, 12:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I upgrade?
There are many different sizes of plastic clamp. You know what plants you are going after, and you know the size of the stem or stalk, so you know what size of plastic clamp you can use. Nearly all...

In Photography » Should I upgrade?
June 04, 12:05am

Re: Fuel
Will, you decide. You might also try out some of the other types of denatured alcohol, just to see if it makes much difference. The only thing I like about Heet is the empty bottle. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Zelph Venom works best with proper windscreen.
June 03, 11:34pm

Re: Re: Should I upgrade?
That's why they invented plant clamps. It is a plastic clamp with a wire or cord attached to it. You can clamp this very loosely around the stem or stalk without hurting the plant. Then you can...

In Photography » Should I upgrade?
June 03, 11:30pm

Re: Fuel
A bit over 1 oz of Heet is a lot. Many people try to get a smaller and more efficient stove that will boil it on 1/2 ounce, but theirs will be slower. That extra 1/2 ounce that you use is gettin...

June 03, 10:53pm

Re: Zelph Venom works best with proper windscreen.
That sounds decent. How much denatured alcohol fuel does it require to boil that much cold water? Some people want boil speed. Some want fuel efficiency. Some want the absolute lowest weight....

June 03, 10:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.