BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 11214 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1122

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Bob G. & Solar Panels??
OK, let me try again. Let's say that you have one flashlight that you want to recharge along the trail, and it has an ordinary home-style charger that you use when you have AC power. Let's ...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 01, 11:16pm

Re: VBL allow you to lower bag rating so to speak
Mark, if it is a winter camping class in snow country, then I assume that there will be plenty of snow. If so, then dig yourself a snow cave. A proper snow cave with one or two warm bodies in it wi...

In Winter Hiking » VBL allow you to lower bag rating so to speak
January 01, 9:58pm

Re: JMT
It seems like each time that I walk by the Kearsarge Junction, there is somebody with a big bag of food waiting for friends in the shade of a nearby tree. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2011 JMT Hike
January 01, 9:22pm

Re: Solar Panels??
"Wouldn't that also depend on how long you have it hanging from your pack? 8 to 10 hours of hiking for instance?" Wouldn't what depend on how long? The number of watt-hours ...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 01, 9:18pm

Re: JMT
Exactly. MTR is closer to the middle of the trip, but they may not be so friendly. MTR and VVR are in it as a business venture, that's for sure. Sometimes you can arrange for a spot-drop of ...

January 01, 8:59pm

You can get up to 50% more output from a solar panel if you have it aimed directly at the bright sun. Exactly how the aiming helps depends on the latitude where you are operating. They will cont...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 01, 8:52pm

Re: 2011 JMT Hike
Are you planning on any resupply points? --B.G.--

January 01, 8:17pm

Re: Re: Solar Panels??
I agree with Ben. You can use a small solar charger hung off the back of your backpack if you are headed north. However, few have much power output, so you might have to "solar charge" fo...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 01, 8:07pm

Re: Re: Solar Panels??
You will need to know how much power you need for an iPhone or iPod. That means volts and amperage, and for how much time per day. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 01, 8:02pm

I have experience with big ones, but I suspect that you are looking for something small. Some of the small ones are OK, but their output wattage is so low that you have to spend a lot of sun time t...

In GEAR » Solar Panels??
January 01, 7:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.