BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 11454 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1146

Forum » Thread

Re: pot size
Maybe somebody with the LiteMax can comment about flame size. I have a couple of MSR Pocket Rockets, and I felt that they were fine. Then somebody commented about how it puts a narrow flame onto...

In GEAR » Canister Stoves.
February 08, 7:05pm

Re: Canister Stoves.
Charles, any idea about the cost at MTR or VVR? I went to purchase a small canister at a hard-to-get-to place last summer, and they charged the same price for a small one as what the big ones co...

February 08, 6:35pm

Re: Canister Stoves.
First of all, make sure that the width of the burner flame makes sense for the diameter of your cook pot. A wider cook pot means that it can absorb more heat from the flame. A taller cook pot means...

February 08, 6:18pm

Re: competition vs test
Mike, I have serious doubt that BPL would send Roger up from Australia to supervise the thing. But, that is an idea. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Woodburning stove "Burn-Off"
February 08, 6:07pm

Re: Fanny Packs?
I have two backpacks that each weigh less than half of my favorite lumbar pack, meaning that it is more substantial and not lightweight. So far I have not found any lightweight lumbar pack that is ...

In GEAR » Fanny Packs?
February 08, 5:11pm

Re: Re: Woodburning stove "Burn-Off"
"I have some wood for the competition drying right now." I suspect that the competition has been cancelled, since no rules were finalized. --B.G.--

February 08, 2:40pm

Re: pellets
"if pellets don't work due to their size/shape, something else "standard"- maybe chopsticks? :)" Pine dowel rods, 1/4" diameter, chopped up into 2" lengths. ...

February 08, 12:49pm

Re: lighting methods
To start, you want yellow pine from Georgia in sticks about the diameter of a pencil. If you top-load those, they form a loose pile that ventilates OK. Then, some oak from California burns well. ...

February 08, 9:42am

Re: Confusing
TSA: "One book of safety (non-strike anywhere) matches are permitted as carry-on items, but all matches are prohibited in checked baggage." There should be no confusion with the TSA wo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Matches and the TSA
February 07, 7:58pm

Re: Re: possible rain ??
The purest rainwater mixes well with ethyl alcohol. --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 07, 7:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.