Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 8441 - 8450 of 11750 | Page: 1 ...836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ...1175

Forum » Thread

Re: re
"Is there anything you can do to restore loft after it dries out?" Experienced down sleeping bag users learn methods to avoid the sleeping bag getting wet in the first place. Then, in ...

In GEAR » Down Fill - 600 vs. 700 vs. 800
March 07, 1:40pm

Re: Re: Stove Question - Winter/Summer
"An utterly biased opinion: white gas stoves are fast becoming obsolete. Read some of our stove reviews at BPL to find out why." That shows why some of us quit reading the BPL stove re...

In GEAR » Stove Question - Winter/Summer
March 07, 1:32pm

Re: U shaped cutouts allow pot removal
"Surely the beer can shouldnt melt if contains water" Simply containing water may not be sufficient. It probably needs to be filled with water so that all aluminum has water behind it....

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Inverted beer can Chimney kettle idea
March 07, 1:21pm

Re: Osgood-Schlatter Disease - input
"Does anyone know of any exercises or methods of controlling this pain?" Your best bet is to get your orthopedic surgeon to refer you to a good physical therapy program. A really good ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Osgood-Schlatter Disease - input
March 06, 6:31pm

Re: Esbit Logic
Bob B., the original poster never said anything about a mid-day boil. Yes, the aluminum Caldera Cone can be stepped on and crumpled. The titanium version is a lot tougher. Plus, you can build a ...

In GEAR » Esbit Logic
March 06, 6:18pm

Re: Re: MSR Dragonfly stove - how much fuel do I need?
This will seem radical, but I used to plan fuel usage completely differently for group trips. I used to use MSR white gas stoves, and I used quart-size Sigg bottles. A lot of that is for economy. ...

In GEAR » Fuel Consumption Calc. Spreadsheet
March 05, 5:23pm

Re: MSR Dragonfly stove - how much fuel do I need?
According to your numbers, 60 pints of boiled water per day means that you have 24 people in the group. Perhaps you dropped some digits. Thirty quarts of water per day to be boiled on one stove is ...

In GEAR » Fuel Consumption Calc. Spreadsheet
March 05, 4:55pm

Re: Research Specimen
The darn UCSD scientists had gone up to the White Mountain summit lab by 4WD vehicle on the day before their big experiment with NO on human subjects. They had to get the lab ready, and then they d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » homeopathic "meds" for altitude
March 05, 1:03am

Re: Hello all.
I do not believe that there is a large crowd here from the European continent with the exception of the U.K. There are some hill-walkers from the north country. --B.G.--

In Philosophy & Technique » Hello all.
March 04, 10:40pm

Re: homeopathic "meds" for altitude
This NO2 stuff might be useful for an old fart (self included), but I don't know how well it works. 2 NO2 -> 2 NO + O2 I have no idea how quickly it acts, but if Nitric Oxide and Oxyge...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » homeopathic "meds" for altitude
March 04, 10:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.