BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 841 - 850 of 1104 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ...111

Forum » Thread

Does bear spray work with black bears and what brand?
Russell – The problem is that your “field experience” and mine are very different and you should be willing to learn from people like Kutenay who have spent a lifetime working around these...

In GEAR » Does bear spray work with black bears and what brand?
September 12, 7:39pm

Non-Stick
I had some burning issues with my uncoated Ti pot (Snow Peak Mini Solo) whenever I simmered pasta (Side Kicks) even though my Primus stove turns down very low. I resolved it by putting the Ti ...

In GEAR » Non-Stick Ti Pots - Worth the weight?
September 08, 1:11am

Thinking About Bears and Cougars
Miguel - Too bad I didn't know you were in my area, I could have arranged a trail meeting. As for the bears and cougars, we do have a very healthy population of bears and cougars in this ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thinking About Bears and Cougars
September 05, 1:40am

You Tell Me...What is the Best Gear Ever???
- Low top hiking shoes These are number one on my list (Merrell Ventilaters do it for me). After years of pre-taping my feet to prevent blisters (unsuccessfully) and suffering with bruising on...

In GEAR » You Tell Me...What is the Best Gear Ever???
August 27, 11:05am

West Coast Trail Gear Questions
I wouldn't recommend doing the Mary Poppins thing, leave the umbrella at home and take a good rain jacket. As FamilyGuy said regarding poles, you will need both hands on your poles unless you ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
August 14, 12:43am

JDF in the fall
People hike the Juan de Fuca trail all year round so October isn't a problem. It will obviously be colder but temps will be above 0C (32 F) and could be well above this if you hit it right. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
August 13, 11:24am

Aquamira Frontier Pro vs Frontier
I carry the Aquamira Frontier drinking straw as a backup system (with chemicals) to use in case my Steripen fails or the water is particulary murky. I consider the Frontier a disposable (single t...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro vs Frontier
August 11, 10:26pm

Durability and comfort of Neo Air vs. Big Agnes pads
Ken - Thanks, I did see that thread and am still trying to find the Large Neoair in Canada. I did find one online in the USA but it would have cost me over $200 USD to get it to Canada so I had...

In GEAR » Durability and comfort of Neo Air vs. Big Agnes pads
August 11, 12:28am

Seedhouse 1 vs Fly Creek - comparison
Since I've used a Seedhouse 1 since 2006, I've gotten used to the small vestibule. Besides, I don't really have any gear to put in the vestibule except for rain gear and sometimes my sh...

In GEAR » Seedhouse 1 vs Fly Creek - comparison
August 10, 7:42pm

Seedhouse 1 vs Fly Creek - comparison
I couldn't agree more. If BPL had done a detailed review when they first announced the Fly Creek (and maybe a comparison with the Seedhouse SL1) I would have bought one a while back. It wasn&...

In GEAR » Seedhouse 1 vs Fly Creek - comparison
August 10, 5:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm