Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 841 - 850 of 1127 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ...113

Forum » Thread

West Coast Trail Gear Questions
Dan - When you end your JDF trail hike at Botanical Beach there is a short walk to the parking lot (less than a mile). This would be the best place to try to scrounge a ride. The problem i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
October 08, 10:56pm

Ride back...
Dan - Mystic is a good option, I like that little beach and have used it to test/experiment with new gear (easy bailout but still nice). Any day hikers will be gone by around 4:00 p.m. and you&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
October 08, 4:18pm

How tough do you think your pack is?
I showed that video to my kids and they have big satisfied (told you so) smiles on their faces right now. They are both starving students (university) and when I tried to steer them towards so...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your pack is?
October 07, 9:34pm

Infections...
A few years back I was on a 3 day trip and was bitten on my shin at the top of my hiking boot (assumed mosquito). My boot top rubbed the bite and it became infected in a single day. By the time I...

In GEAR » Purell instead of Triple Antibiotic Ointment?
October 06, 1:22am

Posting a Long Gear List
Since this acts like a printer you have complete control on defining the page output size. You can pick from all of the standard page sizes or define a custom page size. For example, you can set ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Posting a Long Gear List
October 02, 10:24am

Juan De Fuca Gear List
Dan - I'd also recommend adding a foam seat pad (closed cell foam). It will only add 2 oz. and if it been raining you'll be glad to have it. Sitting in cold wet sand or on wet logs is ...

In Gear Lists » Juan De Fuca Gear List
October 02, 12:33am

Juan De Fuca Gear List
>>The tarp on my wife's gearlist is so that we can have a spot to hang out if it's pouring rain all evening. If the forecast is looking good then we'll leave it behind.<< ...

In Gear Lists » Juan De Fuca Gear List
October 02, 12:19am

Posting a Long Gear List
I use a free tool called CutePDF Writer for PDF conversion from any program. It installs as if it's a printer but outputs a PDF. Great tool!

In Philosophy & Technique » Posting a Long Gear List
October 01, 9:43pm

2010 Big Agnes 3 Wire Bivy
Good point, I forgot about mountaineering. Wouldn't Event allow a lot of heat to escape as well as water vapor?

In GEAR » 2010 Big Agnes 3 Wire Bivy
October 01, 1:45pm

2010 Big Agnes 3 Wire Bivy
The first time I slid into my new Big Agnes Fly Creek I couldn't help thinking it felt like a bivy. Now I look at the specs of the 3 Wire and I'm scratching my head. Why would I buy the T...

In GEAR » 2010 Big Agnes 3 Wire Bivy
October 01, 12:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm