BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 841 - 850 of 1098 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ...110

Forum » Thread

Aquamira Frontier Pro vs Frontier
I carry the Aquamira Frontier drinking straw as a backup system (with chemicals) to use in case my Steripen fails or the water is particulary murky. I consider the Frontier a disposable (single t...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro vs Frontier
August 11, 10:26pm

Durability and comfort of Neo Air vs. Big Agnes pads
Ken - Thanks, I did see that thread and am still trying to find the Large Neoair in Canada. I did find one online in the USA but it would have cost me over $200 USD to get it to Canada so I had...

In GEAR » Durability and comfort of Neo Air vs. Big Agnes pads
August 11, 12:28am

Seedhouse 1 vs Fly Creek - comparison
Since I've used a Seedhouse 1 since 2006, I've gotten used to the small vestibule. Besides, I don't really have any gear to put in the vestibule except for rain gear and sometimes my sh...

In GEAR » Seedhouse 1 vs Fly Creek - comparison
August 10, 7:42pm

I couldn't agree more. If BPL had done a detailed review when they first announced the Fly Creek (and maybe a comparison with the Seedhouse SL1) I would have bought one a while back. It wasn&...

August 10, 5:24pm

I’ve been a fan of the Big Agnes Seedhouse series, so when the Fly Creek came out I starting looking at it as a lighter alternative to my Seedhouse 1. From the specs listed on Big Agnes’s site...

August 10, 12:30pm

test
test

In User Test Forum » test
August 10, 12:23pm

Soliciting tent opinions...
Have you checked out the Big Agnes tents? I'm a fan of BA tents. Take a look at the Seedhouse SL2 or the Copper Spur UL2.

In GEAR » Soliciting tent opinions...
August 03, 6:59am

BA Copper Spur UL2 design flaws--am I wrong?
Zack - Don't get me wrong I really like this tent and agree that the extra tie-outs would be a blessing. I'm also amazed that it held up for you in 75 mph winds (especially head end int...

In GEAR » BA Copper Spur UL2 design flaws--am I wrong?
August 02, 1:56pm

BA Copper Spur UL2 design flaws--am I wrong?
I'm not sure why you would pick this light weight, 3 season dome for a trip that is known to have high winds? This is a dual vestibule dome tent, which by design will become a sail in even mod...

In GEAR » BA Copper Spur UL2 design flaws--am I wrong?
August 02, 11:56am

6-7 day hike in BC that allows dogs??
If you head to Banff or Jasper in late October, be prepared to freeze your butt off. Check out the table part way down the page for average temps but keep in mind that the weather in these areas...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 6-7 day hike in BC that allows dogs??
July 28, 12:49am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm