Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 841 - 850 of 975 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ...98

Forum » Thread

Sounds like a defective set
I agree that it sounds defective. I've bought a few of the khaki ones and had no problem.

In GEAR » New Dri-Ducks: Delamination Problems
February 28, 6:54pm

First Trip
I agree with Roger, do a short trip first. I agree with Mark -- carry most of the weight yourself (unless she is a body builder or really wants to carry more weight -- in that case, she can hike...

In GEAR » First trip with new wife- what sleep system? also gear list for 6 days in Glacier
February 26, 6:57pm

Not East Coast/West Coast -- It is Yosemite
I don't think it is an East Coast/West Coast thing, I think it is a Yosemite thing. In Yellowstone, they suggest keeping your food in your car. In Yosemite, the black bears will rip the top off...

In GEAR » Black bears, east & west
February 21, 3:35pm

Mononcular
I have a Zeiss monocular. I like it a lot but it is expensive. If you have a chance, try to find a store (camera store maybe) where you can try out the various choices. One thing you might consider...

In GEAR » Binoculars
February 13, 5:11pm

Kinda Heavy
Those are quite pretty but rather heavy at 7.5 ounces. I have shoes like this: http://www.sprintaquatics.com/prodinfo.asp?number=901 that I think weigh about an ounce a piece (I would have to chec...

In GEAR » Pocket Slipper Camp Shoes
February 12, 3:34pm

Inline Filter
I use an inline filter (I believe it is Seychelle, but I'm not certain). The sawyer inline filter is also pretty good. There is a thread about it here: http://tinyurl.com/2mz4ys. I use the &quo...

In GEAR » Water Filtration Methods
February 07, 6:47pm

Propore
I second the recommendation for Frog Toggs, DriDucks, etc. (propore) jackets. I consider them an ultralight staple. There is a cost, though, in terms of durability. Be very careful with them (it is...

In GEAR » ?Jacket = Breathability, Waterproof, durable, lightweight, inexpensive
February 01, 7:45pm

Big, Light, Puffy Mitts
I wear liner gloves, big wool mitts (Army/Navy) and a GoreTex shell when I play in the snow. I would really like a pair of puffy, lightweight mitts to replace the wool mitts. However, almost every ...

In GEAR » Request for Ron Bell...
January 29, 3:34pm

Ideas
Second the request for XP booties. Especially if they are covered in very lightweight nylon (I've seen too many pairs made of durable stuff based on the assumption that you will walk in them). ...

In GEAR » Request for Ron Bell...
January 28, 6:14pm

More Clothes Maybe
You might try to use the existing sleeping bag (if it fits well) and just get more clothes. If you were starting from scratch then this wouldn't be such a great idea, since it is much more effi...

In GEAR » Kids Sleeping Bags... do I really need to buy one?
January 25, 4:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm