BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 841 - 850 of 941 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

Forum » Thread

Great Comments
Ron, Nice comments. I agree with you. Much of what makes a tent roomy or not depends on the design. The tent is plenty long enough, but a bit narrow. This goes well with the overall design of the ...

In GEAR » New Six Moon Designs "Refuge"
November 09, 10:42am

Re: "Two man shelter"??
Bob: That is why I call it a 1.5 man tent. Ron is not alone in making a small two man tent though. There are a number of tent makers who make similarly tight tents. I used to have a Eureka Zeus2, t...

November 08, 6:50pm

Link
It is hard to spot the link, as it is one word (hover over the word "this").

November 07, 10:16pm

Miracle Fabric
I have no idea what fabric you are talking about. If there was something that was lighter than epic but just as breathable and waterproof, I would expect it to show up in jackets first. Feathered F...

In GEAR » Condensation fix for single wall tents ?
November 07, 5:56pm

Excellent
Ron's been talking about this tent for a while (although not very loudly): http://tinyurl.com/ywj9m6. The Cuben version is sure tempting. I have only a couple concerns. One, the size seems to b...

November 07, 12:36pm

TarpTents
The standard line on tarp tents is that they are a bit colder but a lot lighter than double walled tents. To make up the difference, you have to add insulation (to your pad and/or your sleeping bag...

In GEAR » TT Rainshadow2: Did I pitch it right?
November 05, 6:32pm

Linking Problems -- Big Url Related?
I just tried to add a link to a message and couldn't get it to work. It kept erasing the href value, leaving me with an empty link (e.g. Empty Link). After much frustration, I made the url smal...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Testing embedded links
November 01, 6:21pm

Another Alternative
Another alternative is to use a thin closed cell pad (like a GG thin light). I then put the open cell pad on top and it doesn't slip much. This adds a bit of warmth and cushioning as well.

In GEAR » Pad Slip On Sil-Nylon Tent Floors
November 01, 5:32pm

Re: EOS tactical - perhaps PT makes a diffuser in place of the colored lens
So far as I know, no one makes a headlamp using one of the new Cree LED bulbs. I think it will happen soon though. Luxeon has a new bulb, called the Rebel, which is in the same league as the Cree. ...

In GEAR » Princeton Tec EOS or Petzl TacTikka - for 3 season AND some winter use
October 31, 10:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Flashlight/Headlamp Suggestions
Thanks Dan, I haven't looked at that. I'll take a look at the Arc.

In GEAR » Flashlight/Headlamp Suggestions
October 26, 1:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm