BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 841 - 850 of 948 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

Forum » Thread

Cotton
On a hot day in the desert, cotton is very good. In the desert, a sweaty shirt will help keep you cool. In a lot of mountainous areas, a hot day can quickly turn to a very cold, windy day. At that ...

In GEAR » Moisture absorption in textiles
January 08, 3:32pm

Site Comments
Like a lot of forum threads, this one has a lot of different ideas. I want to comment on a bunch of these: 1) I think the features are still really good. The recent pole comparison was very help...

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 07, 4:42pm

Yupi
Another option (I have no idea if these are any good but I've been tempted to give them a try): http://www.yupiskishoes.com/index.html

In GEAR » Snow travel options
January 04, 6:59pm

Lightweight Shell
I have a full zip pair of fleece pants I use in the winter. I too would like some sort of lightweight shell. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find really lightweight full-zip wind pants (o...

In GEAR » Pants layering options
December 18, 7:06pm

Make it Yourself?
Yeah, you may have to make it yourself or do some significant modification on a couple of quilts. I like Allison's idea of sealing the edges of a quilt. That is the main reason I didn't go ...

In GEAR » 2-Person Sleep Systems: Pads, Quilts, etc.
December 07, 4:53pm

2 Person Bags or Quilts
There are a couple threads which talk about such things: http://tinyurl.com/2yu2sr http://tinyurl.com/2sjez4 My wife and I decided on the Feathered Friends Penguin (http://tinyurl.com/yokt65) a...

In GEAR » 2-Person Sleep Systems: Pads, Quilts, etc.
December 06, 3:50pm

Re: Help me shed some weight!
I would definitely get new rain gear. Personally, I would recommend a propore jacket (O2, Drop Stoppers, etc.). They are fragile, but cheap. You will probably need to replace it after a while, but ...

In GEAR » Help me shed some weight!
November 09, 11:03am

Great Comments
Ron, Nice comments. I agree with you. Much of what makes a tent roomy or not depends on the design. The tent is plenty long enough, but a bit narrow. This goes well with the overall design of the ...

In GEAR » New Six Moon Designs "Refuge"
November 09, 10:42am

Re: "Two man shelter"??
Bob: That is why I call it a 1.5 man tent. Ron is not alone in making a small two man tent though. There are a number of tent makers who make similarly tight tents. I used to have a Eureka Zeus2, t...

November 08, 6:50pm

Link
It is hard to spot the link, as it is one word (hover over the word "this").

November 07, 10:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm