BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 841 - 850 of 956 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

Forum » Thread

Improving BPL Wiki
I know it is confusing, but the wiki at http://improvingbpl.wetpaint.com/ is not designed as a substitute or addition to this site. It is designed so that we can organize ideas on how to improve th...

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 12, 11:02am

Any Update?
I think this tent looks really cool and was hoping to see a finished version sometime. Did you build a top for it? Thanks, Ross

In Make Your Own Gear » Update on Cuben Double wall tent
January 11, 6:29pm

Site Comments
Thanks Roger, I think I speak for a bunch of us in saying that we really like the site but want to see it get better. I know, personally, that if there was a lifetime membership, I would buy it to...

January 10, 6:53pm

Franco Nailed It
I agree Franco, well said.

In GEAR » Moisture absorption in textiles
January 10, 5:08pm

Cotton vs. Synthetic
You are right, if you carry an extra (non-cotton) shirt, then it isn't dangerous at all. By the same reasoning, taking it off completely solves the problem as well. Either way, though, you woul...

January 10, 4:53pm

Re: Wall condensation
That is a very good question. I've thought about that myself. One of the few drawbacks to tarp tents is that the wind is often blowing on you. However, the way most of them are designed, I thin...

In GEAR » Wall condensation
January 09, 7:31pm

Re: Wikipedia
I think Wikipedia is a great place to put a lot of ultralight information. For example, we could list out all the tarp tents or all the alcohol stoves. Many of the articles written by the BPL folks...

January 09, 6:05pm

New Forum Software
I just want to back up what David said. I think the forum software should be replaced. I also think it makes sense to use an open source package. However, as any developer who uses open source soft...

January 08, 3:49pm

Cotton
On a hot day in the desert, cotton is very good. In the desert, a sweaty shirt will help keep you cool. In a lot of mountainous areas, a hot day can quickly turn to a very cold, windy day. At that ...

January 08, 3:32pm

Site Comments
Like a lot of forum threads, this one has a lot of different ideas. I want to comment on a bunch of these: 1) I think the features are still really good. The recent pole comparison was very help...

January 07, 4:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm