BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 841 - 850 of 907 | Page: 1 ...72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Forum » Thread

MID in rain
It seems to me a Duomid (used for one person) would perform well in vertical rain when used as described by Thom. Probably not much different from other shelter types where the porch area gets wet ...

In GEAR » 'mids in the rain
September 18, 5:17pm

Mid in rain
I am not talking from actual experience here, but i have been thinking a lot about MIDs recently :). One option could be to get a MID that is one size up from the inner you are going to be using ef...

In GEAR » 'mids in the rain
September 18, 4:44pm

Amazing
A really incredible achievement. The interview at http://www.thecleanestline.com was very interesting.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We broke David's PCT record by "Scott Williamson"
September 16, 3:49am

JRB
+1 to the comments above. Also you can do an unbeatable giant turtle impression. I would say that they could be a bit wider at the top for side sleepers. Also I have added a couple of Arc type stra...

In GEAR » Jacks R Better No Sniveller Quilt
September 10, 3:03am

Icebreaker
Hi Franco, I am wearing Icebreaker as I type and wear it almost every day - so I am doing my bit for buy NZ :).

In GEAR » The use of chest packs to distribute weight?
September 08, 8:47pm

chest packs
My camera chest pack sat in between the shoulder straps and was close to the chest - hence the problems I found. The Aarn system seems to get round these problems well. As Aarn packs are made right...

September 08, 8:16pm

chest packs
I have used a camera chest pack, but found that in warm too hot weather I got very over heated and sweaty and gave up on the idea. However, it seems to work well for many people and in cool/cold we...

September 08, 5:52pm

Shock and awe
I think nutfancy is taking the shock and awe approach to backpacking. I also like the way he refers to himself in the third person, like a boxer. However, each to his own I say, as long as you get ...

In GEAR » SUH Backpacking...
September 07, 5:19pm

Entrance to bug bivy
I have been thinking of getting one of these in combo with a Duomid, but the zip being on the top looks a bit awkward to me in terms of getting in and out. Apart from that it looks like a good way ...

In GEAR » MLD Bug Bivy Modification
September 05, 4:16pm

Question
+1 to the question above (except I live in New Zealand). The Duomid will be perfect for my use I think.

In GEAR » MLD DuoMid / SuperMid Insert
September 04, 9:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am