BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Earth (mostly)
About Me Semi-retired from a govt type job working on the side. Goal here is more MPD in a UL, yet comfy style to experience scenic hikes without sweating buckets, but also crank out miles if needed for whatever. Mix hikes with travel too. Not into snowy sagas or recreating a French Foreign Legion forced desert march .. but never say never.

Gear list was for 3 days but made it almost as a "24-hour" adventure (like 25 hours) using the Z-pack
Statethe West is the Best
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 841 - 850 of 977 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ...98

Forum » Thread

Stuff, stuff, stuff
Gear: Sell some online, keep some decent stuff as loaner gear, and donate the heavy items to youth or wilderness firefighters (Durango CO had gear collection points during the huge fires 2001 or2)....

In Philosophy & Technique » Stuff stuff stuff
June 20, 8:23am

Tonto Creek: Bear Flats to Hell's Gate
Always bypassed Hell's Gate for the drier Superstitions or the Matzatzal. Nice pics. Did you use the same footwear in the water and on the desert trails?

In Post-Trip Reports » Tonto Creek: Bear Flats to Hell's Gate
June 16, 9:44pm

Favorite Camping Music?
If solo or relatively quiet campmates, nothing but Natures own sounds like the above. When faced snorers or crowded camp, out comes the iPod (mostly from the 90's reliving the 20-30's ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Favorite Camping Music?
June 16, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Re: IPCC advocates 80% renewable energy by 2050
Here in the US, everything is subsidized (oil, alternatives, movies, businesses, ...) when you scratch the surface with the exception of alcohol, strip clubs, and that type of entertainment in ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 16, 6:41pm

A Thirty Hour Pass: Bison Peak Backpack, Lost Creek Wilderness"
Nice area but surprised there wasn't much in the way of snow.

In Post-Trip Reports » A Thirty Hour Pass: Bison Peak Backpack, Lost Creek Wilderness
June 15, 11:28pm

Re: 2 cents
Answer: Big organizations going green to save money - Walmart converting stores to solar http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-walmart-green-20110604,0,5889008.story?track=rss ...or the U...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 15, 11:12pm

Poles
Missed them on my May backpack and will probably go back to them to relieve knee discomfort.

In Philosophy & Technique » Poles are a burden?
June 15, 7:19pm

Chewing coffee and coffee diffusion theory
In regards to chewing coffee grounds, why not try chocolate covered espresso beans? Either way, wonder what the caffeine kick would be? Brewing would likely release more caffeine than grinding ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
June 15, 10:54am

Cold coffee ... an acquired taste
Cold coffee can be pretty rough. Instant can be good cold depending on the brand. I remember mixing instant Tasters Choice with instant creamer and sweetener for a coffee paste used on breakfast ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
June 15, 7:40am

Camelbak Elixir
Eugene, Camelbak Elixir was what I was looking for. Sugar-free, has a kind of fizz to it, ... that's what I used to mtb with. Water in one hydration bladder, Elixir in the other. Thanks f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Drink mixes for hot weather
June 14, 9:02pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.