BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Winter backpacking in the Sunbelt vs. snow-stuff in the Rockies ... decisions, decisions
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 841 - 850 of 1228 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ...123

Forum » Thread

Re: Transporting stoves on planes
I accidentally left my MSR Superfly in carry-on several years ago while going through a major California airport (keeping my WM where I could see it, in a Granite gear Meridian Vapor which is carry...

In GEAR » Transporting stoves on planes
December 27, 7:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Patagonia Brilliant Neon Colors in Outdoor Gear - Woohoo!
Some of my clothing is brightly colored if needed towards colder temps, but other types (mostly Patagonia) are UV-resistant and muted towards light gray as not to absorb the sun's heat while h...

In GEAR » Patagonia Brilliant Neon Colors in Outdoor Gear - Woohoo!
December 27, 2:15pm

Best classic hikes in the world
The classic hikes are really spectacular but draw crowds during the weekends "in season"; for crowd haters they may not be their best, so maybe 'classic' is a better term. The la...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Hikes in the World
December 27, 2:10pm

Solo Tent feedback
Ex-bivy user here who went back to solo single wall tents and tarptents. Sometimes I needed a tarp to protect the opening if I had to get into the bivy during a storm, and the combined weight appr...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 21, 3:07pm

Re: O Canada
Very motivating article all-around and especially good to see a kid who has plans for bigger and better trips at that age.

In Editor's Roundtable » O Canada!
December 21, 1:01pm

Re: The Lean Approach to Wilderness Travel
... paralysis by analysis IMO ... many of us have been guilty of it at some point .... Might be that theres a time for planning and analysis ... and then a time for doing. Get all my ticket an...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Lean Approach to Wilderness Travel
December 21, 11:29am

Why pay?
Site runs mostly on subscriptions I guess, and the free ones act as a hook. I'd hate to see this site go away and have to interview UL hikers myself (somehow) to see what works/what left them...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why do we have to pay for the last Sunny and Balls article?
December 21, 11:07am

Re: Re: Quick - best desert water bottle
Go get two or three 1.5 liter bottled waters The thicker brands should be relatively tough, I suppose. Aluminum vs plastic 1.5 L bottles is the actual decision.

In GEAR » Quick - best desert water bottle
December 18, 10:28pm

Re: Quick - best desert water bottle
Note I have an aluminum "Kleen Canteen", just seeing if there's something lighter, which does not require chugging 64 oz of Gatorade (though it may help with the 6 pack of beer I'...

December 18, 10:23pm

Quick - best desert water bottle
What's the best lightweight alternative to carrying a Nalgene or 2 in the side pockets, with a pack that isn't hydration bladder compatible? About to hit a trail day after tomorrow, so ca...

December 18, 10:18pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.