BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Winter backpacking in the Sunbelt vs. snow-stuff in the Rockies ... decisions, decisions
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 841 - 850 of 1226 | Page: 1 ...76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ...123

Forum » Thread

Best classic hikes in the world
The classic hikes are really spectacular but draw crowds during the weekends "in season"; for crowd haters they may not be their best, so maybe 'classic' is a better term. The la...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Hikes in the World
December 27, 2:10pm

Solo Tent feedback
Ex-bivy user here who went back to solo single wall tents and tarptents. Sometimes I needed a tarp to protect the opening if I had to get into the bivy during a storm, and the combined weight appr...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 21, 3:07pm

Re: O Canada
Very motivating article all-around and especially good to see a kid who has plans for bigger and better trips at that age.

In Editor's Roundtable » O Canada!
December 21, 1:01pm

Re: The Lean Approach to Wilderness Travel
... paralysis by analysis IMO ... many of us have been guilty of it at some point .... Might be that theres a time for planning and analysis ... and then a time for doing. Get all my ticket an...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Lean Approach to Wilderness Travel
December 21, 11:29am

Why pay?
Site runs mostly on subscriptions I guess, and the free ones act as a hook. I'd hate to see this site go away and have to interview UL hikers myself (somehow) to see what works/what left them...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why do we have to pay for the last Sunny and Balls article?
December 21, 11:07am

Re: Re: Quick - best desert water bottle
Go get two or three 1.5 liter bottled waters The thicker brands should be relatively tough, I suppose. Aluminum vs plastic 1.5 L bottles is the actual decision.

In GEAR » Quick - best desert water bottle
December 18, 10:28pm

Re: Quick - best desert water bottle
Note I have an aluminum "Kleen Canteen", just seeing if there's something lighter, which does not require chugging 64 oz of Gatorade (though it may help with the 6 pack of beer I'...

December 18, 10:23pm

Quick - best desert water bottle
What's the best lightweight alternative to carrying a Nalgene or 2 in the side pockets, with a pack that isn't hydration bladder compatible? About to hit a trail day after tomorrow, so ca...

December 18, 10:18pm

Say what??
Really hope that your account was hacked or this was an inside joke, as I worked side-by-side with Australians while deployed, they are usually pretty good characters. Likewise, a couple of my c...

In Chaff » Why are Aussies inferior?
December 16, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Re: How are you celebrating the winter solstice?
When the days are the shortest of the year and the winter winds howl (even down here), it's time for family and friends, preferably in front of a big fire place. After Xmas, it's time ...

In Chaff » How are you celebrating the winter soltice?
December 16, 1:15pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.