BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 831 - 840 of 1236 | Page: 1 ...75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ...124

Forum » Thread

wandering adolescence
Personal issues aside, there's a contradiction inherent in trying to run a business promoting philosophical minimalism (not just minimum pack weight) in a capitalist economy focused on continua...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL Blog?
May 02, 4:59pm

Not likely
Months ago, I sent an enquiry and a writing sample to the email listed. Not only did I not get a rejection, I never got a reply at all. As with so much else here lately, believe it when you see i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL Blog?
May 02, 2:21pm

Re: better soap?
I'm currently experimenting with Kiss My Face olive oil soap. Literally nothing but oil, salt, and a base.

In GEAR » musing on soap
February 04, 12:09pm

Re: Dr. Bonners NIX!
I find it's good at degreasing, which means it dries out my hair and skin terribly. The citrus version makes a nice hand soap for the kitchen though.

In GEAR » musing on soap
February 04, 12:07pm

poles poles poles
Craig, But as a runner, here's what I don't understand: Just about any running coach, especially those who specialize in distance running and achieving efficiency, will tell runners to ke...

In GEAR » Is all weight equal? - Trekking Poles ...
February 04, 11:08am

traveling
The times when I travel some way other than driving myself are few. Going home over holidays is the big one. For that I'm generally bringing presents and locally produced items people back ho...

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Pack Different When Traveling?
February 04, 10:16am

gear fresheners
I stuff them with cedar shavings, tie the top, and stick them in boxes of clothing I'm not using currently. Also works in shoes and gymbags.

In GEAR » what to do with old socks
January 31, 8:59pm

Re: visor?
I had no idea there was such a thing as technical visors. I wear ballcaps and visors normally (i.e. when not hiking) and when one gets old and ratty it becomes grass mowing/car washing/hiking head...

In GEAR » visor?
January 31, 3:11pm

Thanks
That was very helpful to compare against what I've been doing. Thank you.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Post on food planning for multi-day hikes & thru-hikes
January 31, 9:54am

Re: McHale, The Last Pack You'll Ever Buy
1. Even if a McHale pack lasts a lifetime (I haven't heard otherwise anywhere), it won't be your last pack since you, the consumer, don't know what you want. In other words, next year y...

In GEAR » If you could only have one pack Part 2
January 30, 2:47pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.