BPL Community Profile

spelt the enigmatic (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt the enigmatic

Showing 831 - 840 of 1350 | Page: 1 ...75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ...135

Forum » Thread

hard to part with
I had a really nice pair of Meindls that my feet spread out of. :( So much for "Wait till your feet stop growing before you buy good shoes!" Lies, all lies.

In Philosophy & Technique » Shoes for Pacific Crest Trail
December 11, 12:55pm

Re: USPS
The Postal Service's financial straits were externally imposed. They are looking at closing even more sorting facilities to make ends meet. Like public transportation: cut services...fewer peop...

In Gear Swap » USPS Doesn't Place a Priority on its Priority Mail Service for Packages ;-(
December 10, 6:35pm

Ease of bailout
Doing your first snow camping solo 100 yards from the road is a good way to try it out, because you know you can bail if things go wrong. With respect, as someone getting into only my second se...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo winter backpacking?
December 09, 1:12pm

Pah!
Like I needed another nature documentary to watch! Thanks, Sharon. Owls are awesome. :)

In Chaff » Just interesting: Snowy Owls in Washington
December 07, 10:45am

bump
Nice report. I recognize some of the scenery. |=) I too, am interested to hear how onerous the mandatory site use was.

In Post-Trip Reports » Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail, Memorial Day Weekend 2012
December 03, 2:08pm

Re: Alpacka Cargo Zipper
Overall, it looks like a nice setup for boating-centric trips where you're not regularly backpacking. For trips with a significant hiking component, the added weight and hassle of transitioning...

In Packrafting » The Alpacka Raft Cargo Fly
November 30, 10:19am

Franco
Wouldn't it make more sense to have the synthetic on the inside to better handle water vapor coming off the body?

In GEAR » Combining two down bags for warmth
November 29, 11:23am

Re: BPL Blog up and running
The mission statement is markedly philosophical. I will be watching to see how and if it differentiates itself in that manner from all the other content here.

In On the Web » BPL Blog up and running
November 21, 9:19am

Plug for the Rucksack
The Rucksack is a nice knife, and no longer in production. The saw is actually long enough to be useful, and the double-toothed blade is very effective. It's my camping knife, and go-to on hike...

In Gear Swap » FS: Essentials: knife, compass, whistle, firesteel, LED flashlight
November 19, 10:14am

Re: Re: F--
f-stop?

In Chaff » David Ure and such....
November 13, 10:22am

All Reader Reviews by spelt the enigmatic

spelt the enigmatic has posted no reviews.