BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 831 - 840 of 1325 | Page: 1 ...75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Yowzah!!! A s s-less Chaps!
I've always thought that was redundant. Chaps are @$$less by definition. If chaps had an @$$, they'd be...pants!

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » whats your sul system?
October 01, 8:49pm

David, you made my day
Calling your wife a stud muffin :)

In Gear Lists » Couples long distance imbalanced gear lists
October 01, 12:18pm

multi-use
*Almost all my clothes, except the stuff that's too stained to be worn in public. *Headlamp (zebralight h51w) and backup clip-on LEDs. Got rid of all my other flashlights except my D-cell M...

In GEAR » Gear you use off the trail
October 01, 8:57am

smartwool sizing
The "regular" smartwool size is medium, which fits up to about size 9 (I believe it's officially to 9.5 womens and 8.5 mens). Yours are probably XL. Bad for me since yours are defin...

In Gear Swap » New SOCKS, GLOVES and Hats
October 01, 6:28am

conflicting goals
I feel like it's a bit futile to ask for lightening suggestions when one of your goals is "bringing extra gear I've accumulated to test out, futz around with or just play with." ...

In Gear Lists » 40 Pounds for 2 night Solo HELP me lighten it Please
September 29, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Altimeters
Hm. Well, I don't use a GPS, and I don't wear a watch, so I imagine it'd be best to get a standalone altimeter (if I do). Calibration is something I have wondered about. It's my ...

In GEAR » Altimeters
September 27, 12:53pm

Altimeters
I'm curious how many people use altimeters regularly in navigation, particularly in lower, wooded mountains like the Appalachians, where long distance visibility often isn't good, but the t...

In GEAR » Altimeters
September 27, 12:01pm

carbide miners' lamp
If you need battery-free lighting powerful enough to work or hike by: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbide_lamp Edit: Eugene beat me to it.

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking sans batteries...
September 26, 11:02am

inseam
I see from the Rab site specs the inseam is 33 inches. Could these pants be hemmed?

In Gear Swap » F.S. Rab and Montane Winter Clothing
September 23, 8:17am

just spitballing
What if definitions were developed for categories of gear, and then spreadsheets were made that list all items of gear and their specs in that category as they come onto the market. Who could do t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear Review Standards??
September 21, 1:13pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.