BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 831 - 840 of 1359 | Page: 1 ...75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ...136

Forum » Thread

here:
something that is a little less dour.

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 1:09pm

irony but i'm not laughing
Police in the schools, police in the malls, police in the theatres. Funny how the freedom to bear arms is looking more and more like the freedom to live in a police state.

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 12:45pm

light lights
I have been more than satisfied with the H51's low and mid levels. I actually use the high beam more around the house than I do in the woods. For backup I carry a SOLED from County Comm. I can ...

In GEAR » Best UL light and Backup Light Combo
December 18, 4:53am

minimizing stretch
There is actually not much give to a properly hung rig, unless the components' material properties let them stretch. The thinner fabrics like 1.1 oz ripstop nylon will stretch more than heavier...

In Hammocks » Hammocks and back issues
December 17, 12:42pm

guns and bears
My line of thought is: if it's difficult for a hunter (someone who is in the woods with a gun with the express intention of using it to kill) to keep the presence of mind for a killing shot whe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grizzly Bear Attacks on the Rise
December 14, 3:51pm

Re: Winter strength tent poles
Awesome, thank you for posting. I need no poles now, but I love learning about quality niche suppliers for "someday" solutions.

In GEAR » Winter strength tent poles
December 14, 3:35pm

Re: Re: Prolotherapy
A cortisone injection did greatly improve my carpal tunnel. It is now just a weak hand and not throbbing stabs up and down my arm. Although it's my understanding that the cortisone actually dec...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ibuprofen risk
December 13, 11:45am

Re: Thermos Flask
If you want truly *hot* liquids, get a Stanley or other glass-lined vacuum thermos. I don't worry much about weight on dayhikes, so sometimes I take one for tea and another for soup. (I make so...

In Winter Hiking » Thermos Flask
December 12, 11:10am

Re: One more for loud alarms
Mary, can you hang the watch from your tent roof somehow? I hang mine on my hammock ridgeline so it is right above my face and doesn't get smushed in down. Wrt watches, I have never heard a ...

In GEAR » Multifunction Watches
December 12, 7:29am

hard to part with
I had a really nice pair of Meindls that my feet spread out of. :( So much for "Wait till your feet stop growing before you buy good shoes!" Lies, all lies.

In Philosophy & Technique » Shoes for Pacific Crest Trail
December 11, 12:55pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.